Forum: Advice / Beauty

What are your favorite bath & body products?
By SoloJazzDancer
On Fri Jan 20, 2012 08:53 PM

I have always been totally sensitive to scents. When I was a little girl and my mom would wear perfume, I would almost throw up! I could not stand any of the scents at all. I knew when I grew up, unless they created something new, I could never wear any scents. When I go to the mall and all those perfume counters are in one store & the make up places, I get such a headache and almost gag. Don't even think about spraying me w/anything like they do in some malls. I may get very upset at you. My mom used to like Avons Roses, Roses, Roses. I love the smell of roses but 20 vases of them in a small room, which is what this smelled like and it made me sick to my stomach.

Then I found Bath and Body Works. Finally, scents that smelled like the real thing and didn't make me gag or give me a headache. Well, not all of them anyway. My fave was Daffodil. I bought shower gel, body lotion and body spray. People would notice when I wore it and would ask what I was wearing. I never thought they had a scent until I went to a huge field of them and smelled them. They smelled like Bath & Body even though everyone said they didn't smell like anything. They discontinued it and I have been upset ever since. I found some on E-Bay but guess what? Part of the bottle was used! Ewwww! I would never sell something I had used. Then I loved something called May something. I don't remember the exact name but my mom has a beautiful cut glass bottle full of the May body spray. They discontinued that one too. Last was Tulip. Gone again too. I bought other scents and I liked them okay but not as much as these 3. Then they came out w/Butterfly Flower. It smelled like a bouquet of fresh cut flowers and everyone loved the scent. When I used it, the bathroom smelled so wonderful! I thought it was kind of a new scent but alas & alack, the discontinued that one too! It was a tie w/Daffodil as my fave scent of all. I did manage to get some clearance ones on-line, the triple body cream. The only reason I don't like them is the packaging they are in. You need a Q-Tip to get some of it out of the container because of the way it's made. You can only squeeze so much out of the container and then there still is a lot of it left. That's when you need the Q-Tip. The other thing about Daffodil and Butterfly Flower? They are the only 2 scents that stay in your clothes until they get washed. If I have worn a pair of pants and put some body lotion on my legs and I've only worn them once, they don't need to be washed. When I put them on again, they smell like the scent. Those are the only 2 scents that do that. Their Body Butter? When I use it on my feet, they stay soft for days! Like at least 3, maybe 4. That is amazing! I don't have much Butterfly Flower Body Butter so I am using it sparingly.

Now that I have rambled on enough, what are your fave scents and where do you buy them? They don't have to be Bath & Body Works, that's just the scents that I can tolerate.

We don't have a Bath & Body Works close to me. I suggested to them that those of us who do buy from them on-line because they don't have a store close by, should get in the mail a scratch & sniff card when they come up w/new scents. Especially me. They told me about a new scent that is supposed to be like Butterfly Flower but I have to smell it first. Just because they say it smells kind of like it or is the one that replaces that, w/my nose, I have to smell it myself. I won't buy a new scent unless I can smell it first.

12 Replies to What are your favorite bath & body products?

re: What are your favorite bath & body products?
By choobychoo
On Tue Jan 24, 2012 04:39 AM
I love many scents but fortunately for me I am not sensitive to the smells as yourself. My favourites at the moment are from Vera Wang, Jimmy Choo, they are really subtle fragrances
By Martha_Cecillemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Jan 24, 2012 05:33 AM
I am not that sensitive to scents, happy for that :) but I can't use every body lotion or butter; my skin gets very dry from some of them.

I don't know if "douglas" is a german shop?! But they have this line called "greenland" and I love their lemon&lime products. There is shower gel, lotion, body butter and oil (you can use it also for massages). It's so natural and fresh I love the smell!
By majeremember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Jan 24, 2012 03:32 PM
The ones I usually rotate between are Sweet Pea, Twilight Woods, Moonlight Path, and Japanese Cherry Blossom. I really like the new one, Be Enchanted. Then of course the holiday scents - Winter Candy Apple and Vanilla Bean Noel. The new one, Pink Sugar Plum is good too.

My dad uses Twilight Woods for Men.
By celticprincessmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Jan 24, 2012 04:14 PM
Forever Sunshine is my all time favorite. Also love Carried Away, Country Chic, and any of their summer vanilla scents :)
By OMGjaimyemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Jan 24, 2012 04:28 PM
Slatkin and Co. candles are absolutely to. die. for.

Yankee Candle who? And they're cheaper w/ sales more often!
By Meganmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Jan 24, 2012 06:38 PM
I don't really like Bath & Body Works scents, but I do like the limited edition Kitchen Spice scent they have sometimes. It's wonderful, this warm cinnamon/nutmeg/cloves kind of thing. I love it. It's just made in the home products (room spray, candles, etc), but I always buy tons of it when it's available.

As far as body products, I think most Bath & Body Works stuff smells kind of cheap. I like some of the aromatheraphy line a bit, but I can mostly take or leave them.

Lately, my scent obsession is the Vanilla Bergamot body butter by Bliss. I LOVE Bliss products and this one smells heavenly. I'm a huge fan of vanilla, but only certain vanillas, and this one is amazing. And Bliss products are great quality and super effective. I'd probably cry if they stopped selling the cleansing milk.
By SoloJazzDancer
On Tue Jan 24, 2012 08:15 PM
Vanilla is one scent I can't tolerate. I love to bake but don't like the smell of vanilla. When I worked in retail, at Christmas time we used to have these Cinnamon scented pine cones in our craft dept. They were in a mesh bag. I could smell them all over the store! I hated that smell and I hated that time of year just because of that. We had them up for a long time and even when they got rid of them, I could still smell them for a day or 2.

If you put me in one of those tiny Yankee Candle stores after about 5 min. or so I can't wait to get out. All those scents overwhelm me. When I go to the factory in MA, I am fine. I think it's because they are so spread out. If you can ever go to the candle factory at Christmas, it's like being at the North Pole w/Santa. It's magical!

I am just glad for Bath & Body because I never thought I would be able to ever wear anything. Once I bought something that said it was unscented and it smelled horrible! It had some kind of chemical scent. Sometimes you can't win.
By Krystalmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Jan 25, 2012 07:11 AM
Edited by Krystal (73000) on 2012-01-25 07:12:32
I love Bath and Body Works. I used to wear Black Amethyst all the time and had all the products to go along with it, but once I ran out I switched and started trying new stuff. I have tons of mini bottles of different scents now, but my favorites are Country Chic, Sweet Pea, P.S. I Love You.

I have a few things from their aromatherapy line that I love. The chamomille bedtime lotion is fantastic. I also use the destress lavender vanilla body wash occasionally.
By SoloJazzDancer
On Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:24 PM
Sweet Pea is also a fave of mine. What makes me mad, and I don't know if I said this in this thread or the other one but the closest Bath & Body Works used to be about 1/2 hour away but it closed up. I don't know if it closed up for good or not but they are redoing the mall it's in. Even my sister, who this mall is near didn't know it closed and didn't know if it was for good or not. The next closest is about 45 min. away. That's to far to go to check out new product. I wish they would enclose a scratch and sniff card when they have new fragrances. That way, for people like me, I could smell them and decide if I like the scent or it is way to strong for me. I sent them an e-mail and told them this. Let's hope they listen to me.
By dancer57575member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:47 AM
I LOVE bath and body works! But as others said, I am also not as sensitive as you with lotions and scents!

I love Sweet Pea (also my moms favorite), Carried Away, Ps I love you, Japanese Cherry Blossom, Bali Mango, Be Enchanted, Warm Vanilla Sugar, Country Chic, and Hawaii Coconut. Those are just ones I have hanging around right now that I have been using and enjoying!

Most of the scents I like are either floral, clean smelling, or tropical!
By SoloJazzDancer
On Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:49 PM
This will give you an idea how sensitive I really am w/scents. When my nephew was a baby, my sister and her 2 kids lived for a year w/my parents. I woke up one morning and everyone was up but me. I walked into the living room & the first thing I said was "How much will you pay me to change Alex's poopy diaper?" My sister says "He doesn't have a poopy diaper." I should have stated an amount because I was right! My mom, my dad, my sister and my niece who was 4 or 5 at the time didn't smell anything and it was messy. How could they not smell it? So you get an idea of what a sensitive nose I have.
By mochalatte
On Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:23 PM
Anything from Victoria's Secret, Sephora, or The Body Shop. I also really like body mist from Hollister when I'm having a lazy/sweats kind of day.

ReplySendWatch