Page 3 of 3: 1 2 3
re: I've got a gypsy soul and I was born for leaving
By Kekoamember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Apr 28, 2012 06:59 PM
On Sat May 05, 2012 11:56 PM
New blog post!

Well, as of yesterday, I'm home! For a whole eight days before I go off for two weeks :P

It feels SO SO SO good. It's also weird knowing I have a whole month off of school, free to do whatever I want. I've gotten four of my five grades in. I got a C+ in Literature (bleh), B in Mythology and an A- in Physical Anthropology. I'm a bit uncertain of Anthropology of Sex; I have a 99.66% in the class, and I'm hoping he bumps me up to 100% so I can get an A+ instead of just an A. We'll see. Still waiting on linguistics!

I'll do a proper update soon :)
On Tue May 08, 2012 12:06 AM
Got a B- in linguistics! That seriously is a miracle...I slacked pretty hardcore in that class.

New blog post about tattoos and music :)

Life has been pretty hectic. My family is moving, so I've been pretty busy helping them pack. There's no rest for the weary, I've also had to get busy planning the GRE, grad school applications, etc. Ughh. I'm headed up north to Minnesota this coming Sunday, and I can't wait. I've been feeling antsy lately, this constant need to be DOING something, GOING somewhere. It's immensely frustrating, because I'd love to be content to just relax and enjoy my free time before summer school starts!
On Sun May 13, 2012 03:32 PM
I'm home! In Minnesota!

No time for an update right now, but I just published a new blog entry I'd had saved, so enjoy :)
By MarlaSingermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon May 14, 2012 06:34 PM
Can I ask what your reasons are for going from vegetarian to pescetarian? I'm very curious, because I'm trying to do the opposite. I currently eat seafood (usually shrimp) about once a week and would like to gradually phase it out entirely.
On Thu May 17, 2012 12:08 AM
I'm in a bit of a rut, so I'm trying to break out of it. When I became a vegetarian, I didn't exclude fish because of health or moral issues; I just had never eaten it and assumed I wouldn't like it. However, now I live on the Gulf Coast so I figure I'll give it a shot! It may never happen though...I've been saying for like two months I may start, yet I get too scared to try :P

Not a whole lot going on. Minneapolis is absolute perfection. I swear, I felt this overwhelming feeling of home the second we crossed the border. I cannot wait to get back up here for good.

Probably having lunch with le ex tomorrow (today, technically). We haven't seen each other since the big breakup. This should be interesting!
By Krystalmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu May 17, 2012 08:12 AM
Ooo I absolutely love seafood. Grilled shrimp is definitely my favorite food. And I used to HATE seafood, especially shrimp, until I saw it being made at a Japanese restaurant. That convinced me enough to try it and ever since then I've loved it! Now that we live at the beach, my husband and I go to a different seafood place every weekend since we're both addicts :P

I hope you like it! I think sea scallops are pretty mild in flavor so maybe that could be something you try.
By MarlaSingermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu May 17, 2012 09:37 AM
That's a good point about living on the coast. Mark and I were just talking about how if we move to a coastal state, I'll probably never be able to give up seafood for good. The difference between the seafood we get in Indiana and the seafood we can get down in Florida or wherever is just night and day.

Start with a mild flavored fish if you're going to try it. I like tilapia and cod, sometimes perch, although I generally stick to shellfish - shrimp, crab, scallops, etc. And I would try it in a restaurant for starters, so that you're getting something that was cooked by someone who knows what they're doing. Plus, cooking fish in your home can be quite... fragrant... and if you end up hating fish, you probably won't want to smell it around your house.
On Mon May 21, 2012 11:28 PM
New blog post about how excited I am to move :)
On Sat May 26, 2012 12:52 AM
Yet another new blog post. I swear, someday I'll have time to properly update ;)
On Mon May 28, 2012 12:33 AM
Oh goodness, I should be asleep! I have to wake up in 5.5 hours. This is what I get for having such a terrible sleep schedule for the past 4 weeks!

I've had a great time at home, but I'm so ready to get back down south. I miss my routine and my stuff. I'm excited to start summer classes. I'm excited to get back to the gym...I solemnly swear, I will be my ideal size (with abs!) by Christmas.

I've been making lots of plans over the past few weeks, and I'm really, really excited for everything that's coming. School, personal, two big moves. It's going to be great :)
On Tue May 29, 2012 08:19 PM
Classes started today! For a refresher, I'm taking a class on the Reformation and one on the Civil War. I was torn on both. The subject material on the Reformation sounded interesting, but Rate My Professor said the professor was only so-so. The Civil War class sounded pretty boring, but the professor was supposed to be excellent. The Reformation professor also teaches a class called Nature and Environment, but since I didn't think he'd be great and didn't know what the class entailed, I elected to take the Civil War class instead.

Well, I went to my Reformation class this morning for the first time. I was blown away. The professor (who has a dry sense of humor...my favorite!) is awesome. Really personable, and I could tell right away that his lecture style meshes well with me. Additionally, he's the type who has a half dozen short source books that we read selections from and discuss, versus a traditional text, so I was sold! The class will be excellent.

I have a two hour break between classes, so I picked up some lunch and hung around campus. I walked into my Civil War class, and immediately panicked. By the time of the midterm (June 13), we'd have had to read over 400 pages and memorize 10 pages of battle tactics, weapons and military men and their accomplishments. I immediately decided that as soon as the class was over, I would go talk to my other professor and ask about the other class he teaches.

As it turns out, the class is about the history of environmentalism. Could there be a more perfect class for me?! The professor solidified my decision by giving me a syllabus (I'd missed the first class obviously), telling me what we'd be doing over the next four weeks and whatnot. I sat on the floor outside his office on my laptop and dropped my Civil War class and enrolled in the Nature one. I'm feeling much better. There will be a lot of work in the next four weeks, but it'll be awesome.

Oh, and new blog post about other future plans. :)
On Sun Jun 03, 2012 08:00 PM
The next three weeks are going to be KILLER! These classes are fabulous, but intense.

It's taken me all weekend just to recover, haha. It almost killed me to drag my sorry butt out of bed at noon.

I also think I may be getting an eye infection, which SUCKS. I'm avoiding contacts and makeup and putting warm compresses on it, hoping that it gets better.

New blog post

Other than that, not a whole lot goin' on around here!
On Wed Jun 06, 2012 06:49 PM
New blog post
Hells bells am I tired! Summer school is trying to get the best of me...
On Fri Jun 08, 2012 02:48 PM
I'm off to visit family for the weekend, so here's a new blog post! :)
On Wed Jun 13, 2012 04:35 AM
Life is SO BUSY!

My sister came to stay with me for the week which is nice. However, I'm excited to get back home this weekend...I adore the new house and it's so nice to be around my extended family.

I had my first test today. It was hard, but not THAT bad thank goodness. Now I just get to be nervous while I wait :P

I'm kind of worried that I may have hurt my shoulder. It's been hurting pretty badly all day...a sharp, teeth-tingling pain, not a dull one. I'm hoping that I'm just being a big baby and slept on it funny or something :?
On Thu Jun 14, 2012 01:34 AM
On Fri Jun 15, 2012 05:30 AM
I'm starting dance again. I'm starting dance again. I'm starting dance again.

I AM SO EXCITED :D
On Sun Jun 17, 2012 05:21 AM
On Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:20 AM
New blog post!

Life is so chaotic. Paper due yesterday, paper due tomorrow, a paper due next week, two finals next week. Oy! My mama is coming up here this weekend to help me pack up some stuff.

Things have been nice lately. I am sitting in on a dance class Thursday night, and I'll start going regularly in August. I have a job interview Thursday afternoon. Summer classes are ALMOST over, woohoo!
On Fri Jun 22, 2012 05:27 AM
Today was such a busy day...PHEW! Interview went okay. I'm highly skeptical that I will get it, because I'm going to be in NC for 3-4 weeks next month. I applied for the job back in January, so I've emotionally detached myself from it. It'd be awesome to get, but I won't be crushed if I don't.

Dance was awesome. I can DEFINITELY tell that I haven't worked my calves in awhile, haha. I'm almost disappointed I sat in tonight though, because now I'm bummed I can't start for another 5-6 weeks :P
On Sun Jun 24, 2012 05:39 AM
Pretty sure I'm hopping off the pescetarian bandwagon...I made fish for myself and it really didn't settle well. We'll see :?

My mom has been in town for the weekend and it has been awesome. We went to see Rock of Ages last night, and LOVED it. We immediately went and bought the soundtrack, haha. My family is utterly music-obsessed, and we grew up with all those songs since we regularly took roadtrips that were 17-24+ hours. When I was 6, I had my own walkman and impressive tape collection :P

Anyhow, the movie is SO FUN. The cast is great, especially Tom Cruise. And Diego Boneta, yum...his hair. The hair, the clothes, it was all awesome. We loved it so much that we went to see it again today, which we NEVER do.

As for school, the end is in sight. I have a paper due Monday, and it's going to be a PITA to write...I haven't even really read the book I'm supposed to be writing about. Thankfully it's not too long! Tuesday is the last day of class and finals are Thursday. I can't WAIT to be done, the thought of almost two months of no school is awesome.
By Odessamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:50 PM
Edited by Odessa (22571) on 2012-06-23 23:52:05 added link
Pretty sure I'm hopping off the pescetarian bandwagon...I made fish for myself and it really didn't settle well.

And the way fish is raised and caught (and killed), is really no more or less ethical than the way sheep, pigs or cows are raised and slaughtered for food. Driftnet fishing threatens fragile ocean ecosystems, catching EVERYTHING in it's wake, not just the fish that the trawlers are trying to catch.

It's a pretty questionable industry.

Erin.
::righteous babe::
On Sun Jun 24, 2012 06:27 AM
Odessa wrote:

Pretty sure I'm hopping off the pescetarian bandwagon...I made fish for myself and it really didn't settle well.

And the way fish is raised and caught (and killed), is really no more or less ethical than the way sheep, pigs or cows are raised and slaughtered for food. Driftnet fishing threatens fragile ocean ecosystems, catching EVERYTHING in it's wake, not just the fish that the trawlers are trying to catch.

It's a pretty questionable industry.

Erin.
::righteous babe::

Yeah...I had suspicions. Thankfully the fish I ate was caught by people we know, so I don't feel as bad as if I'd gotten it at Walmart or something. After reading that though, I'm definitely done with fish. I didn't LOVE it, and it just complicates life. I have a ton of protein options that won't get me sick if I undercook them, ha.
On Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:29 AM
Guess who has a job at a health food store? THIS GAL! I seriously thought I'd lost my shot when I told them I'd be gone for the last three weeks of July, but apparently not :D
Page:
Page 3 of 3: 1 2 3

ReplySendWatch

Message locked, no more replies allowed