Forum: Advice / Beauty - Makeovers

Beauty - Makeovers
Hair and Makeup....To Cut or not to cut? Daily Makeup?
By dancer57575member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 392, member since Thu Nov 28, 2002
On Sun Jan 22, 2012 03:16 PM

Hi everyone!
I have been growing my hair out for over a year and am trying to decide if I should chop it off or just give it a trim when I go to the hairdressers. It's long and previously had layers but I have no idea if they are even there anymore since it hasn't been cut in so long (I know, I know I'm a bad kid- but I barely have five minutes to myself these days let alone enough time to go get a haircut!) My roots have been growing in as well..I'm a dirty blonde but have been dying it a lighter blonde for awhile now and think I might want to change it up and either go lighter or darker then the normal...
So I need opinions!

And second, my daily makeup routine consists of covergirl eye exact mascara and eyeliner. (or whatever its called...their makeup for blue eyes). I never really got into eyeshadow, foundation or anything else but lately have been playing around with different makeups and need some recommendations on what products to try and what would look good with my skin etc...

Thank you!

12 Replies to Hair and Makeup....To Cut or not to cut? Daily Makeup?

re: Hair and Makeup....To Cut or not to cut? Daily Makeup?
By Martha_Cecillemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1128, member since Sun Oct 12, 2008
On Thu Feb 02, 2012 05:23 AM
Your long hair is really beautiful I wouldn't cut it off. I also don't think it's bad that you haven't been to a hairdresser in quite a while. My last visit was in October. I only use mild shampoo and put some hair-oil when it is dry after washing to pretend spliss.
I think the blonde suits you. It's still a natural tone, so no plastic blonde :) It really goes great with your skin tone.

To the makeup questions. I recently started to use blushes :) no special colours something that makes me look more healthy. I get very light skin in winter :/ I found a really cool cinnamon tone from a natural make up series (Alverde) I think it's a only german brand, but I am sure there are great colours in other make up lines, too.
Do you use lipgloss or lipstick? Maybe you could add some nude colours or some light rose colours, to mix up your make up collections.

You could also go to the counter and ask for suggestions for a daily make up.
By panicmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11592, member since Thu Dec 16, 2004
On Thu Feb 02, 2012 05:45 AM
It's too long. In that photo, you've pulled it all forward. You ain't foolin me. No one older than like 10 should have hair that long. Unless you want to be Kim Kardashian or Lindsay Lohan, in which case you need to go get some extensions. Because almost no one has enough hair to look full and healthy at that length. Not that your hair looks bad... You have nice hair. But if you cut like 6 inches off, you won't have to pull it all forward every time you take a photo. I'm just sayin.
By LizDancermember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1140, member since Fri Jan 06, 2006
On Mon Feb 06, 2012 03:21 PM
^I disagree completely. I think it's a nice length and it suits you. I know lots of people older than "like 10" who have healthy, pretty hair that length or longer. If I were you, I'd just get a trim and have it re-layered. And I agree with Martha_Cecille that the color looks good on you as well. Although a slightly warmer, more honey-colored blonde might work too, if you're just looking for a change.
By dancer57575member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 392, member since Thu Nov 28, 2002
On Sun Feb 19, 2012 03:11 PM

Well I did it! I cut off 6 inches! I also got partial foils in my hair and she put in a little bit of color just to lighten up my roots! It feels much lighter and healthier!
By marym1 Comments: 20, member since Sun Sep 11, 2011
On Fri Mar 16, 2012 09:17 AM
you look great love the haircut they did a great job
By JaneMckenzie Comments: 22, member since Wed Mar 28, 2012
On Wed Mar 28, 2012 01:02 PM
as above says love the new hair looks fantastic on you xx
By xBallet_babex Comments: 1300, member since Thu Jul 17, 2008
On Sat Apr 07, 2012 01:09 PM
No one really answered to make-up. You don't look like you NEED tons of make-up, so don't cover your skin with a bunch of product unless you need to. Moisturizer is the only thing I do pretty much every day. I don't use foundations or anything because of how it settles into my skin and makes me look OLD.

I have similar coloring and I got a sun-kissed kit from pur minerals that's bronzer, lip gloss and 3 eyeshadows that are neutral and I love it. I throw on some Almay dial up mascara and I'm done in like 3 minutes. It looks natural and enhances more than it covers. You're probably better off finding a small kit like that than trying to figure out a bunch of products all at once. Otherwise, stick to more neutral colors for a while like browns, pinks, and peaches for daily makeup. Most makeup counters can help you too.
By TheatreDanceNerd Comments: 128, member since Mon Mar 26, 2012
On Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:03 PM
Love your new hair! It looks great on you. :) And I do NOT agree with the you, panic. MANY people have long, thick hair that looks great on them, many of them older than "like 10". Long hair looks great on a lot of people, and so does short hair.

But you definitely don't need much makeup. You're very pretty! :)
By Sky20101 Comments: 20, member since Tue Jan 24, 2012
On Wed Apr 25, 2012 06:19 AM
I'm sure you'd look great either way but I wouldn't chop it off if I were you just trim it especially when your so long growing it I'd stick with the blonde aswell suits your skin tone hope this helps
By CatherineBethel Comments: 27, member since Mon Mar 17, 2008
On Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:04 AM
Looks beautiful! I think you made a good choice... Nice colour too!
By iDanceProduction Comments: 9, member since Thu Apr 26, 2012
On Wed May 16, 2012 01:31 AM
you can always just die it yourself. that makes life a lot easier!!
By Lizziemae Comments: 2, member since Thu Jun 07, 2012
On Thu Jun 07, 2012 04:57 PM
I think you should get s trim just to freshen your hair up! and make up is a personal choice maybe a little mascara to bring some attention to your eyes. :)

ReplySendWatch