Forum: Arts / Food & Beverage

Food & Beverage
Has anyone tried the Chicken Mcbites?
By YumYumDoughnutPremium member Comments: 8688, member since Sat Jul 10, 2004
On Wed Jan 25, 2012 05:20 PM

The Mcdonalds around the corner has released Chicken Mcbites, and I love them.

Last night, I had a snack size Mcbite, salad without dressing, and diet coke. I was able to get fast food for under $5 and less then 400 calories.

Has anyone else tried the Chicken Mcbites? I hope they keep them on the menu, because I love the portion and the size.

16 Replies to Has anyone tried the Chicken Mcbites?

re: Has anyone tried the Chicken Mcbites?
By Leigha_Ballerina Comments: 490, member since Tue Dec 17, 2002
On Wed Jan 25, 2012 05:41 PM
We Australians must have been the test bunnies as we have had them for quite awhile now. They replaced the chicken Mcdippers but I liked the dipper better.
By tumblebugPremium member Comments: 10100, member since Fri Mar 29, 2002
On Wed Jan 25, 2012 06:26 PM
If you go to Walmart in the frozen food section, over by the chicken nuggets, they have a big bag of Great Value Brand Popcorn Chicken for less than $5. Take this home and bake some. I guarantee you it is identical to the McBites. I wouldn't be surprised if Walmart is supplier is supplying these to McDs. Save your money and bake them yourself ;).

I had the McBites myself and the as soon as I saw and tasted them- I knew they were the same as the Walmart brand lol
By Amyliamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4405, member since Fri Apr 11, 2003
On Wed Jan 25, 2012 07:26 PM
I've had them once, and not gonna lie, I got them because I was super drunk and needed food haha (and before anyone asks, I had a DD and made them drive thru on the way home) but they were quite yummy and I would love to try them again sober.
By imadanseurPremium member Comments: 16604, member since Thu Dec 04, 2003
On Wed Jan 25, 2012 09:04 PM
Are they really that much different than the chicken nuggets?
By YumYumDoughnutPremium member Comments: 8688, member since Sat Jul 10, 2004
On Wed Jan 25, 2012 09:11 PM
Taste wise I think so. It seems like each bite has flavor but the regular ones only have flavor on the outside.
By TuniePremium member Comments: 1995, member since Mon Aug 08, 2005
On Wed Jan 25, 2012 09:20 PM
Just saw a commercial for these and they say only at participating locations and for a limited time. For real? They are "popcorn" chicken. That's all. Get over yourself McD's.
By CheesePlusCakemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 10210, member since Mon Jun 30, 2003
On Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:27 PM
Do they taste like chicken? I don't like the KFC ones much because they're more bread than chicken.
By ballerinatwirler Comments: 2083, member since Sat May 29, 2004
On Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:03 PM
I tried them today. My family brought some home even though I've been on a no fast food kick. I lived them except they left a really greasy taste in the my mouth and gave me a really bad stomachache. I don't think I'll be trying them again.
By SoloJazzDancer Comments: 21529, member since Wed Jun 30, 2004
On Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:03 PM
We've been going to Mickey D's for coffee for my dad who had to fractures in his knee and couldn't go there to get coffee. They ask you when you go through the drive through if you would like to try McBites. I haven't tried them yet but I love popcorn chicken and fried chicken so I want to try them.
By ballerinatwirler Comments: 2083, member since Sat May 29, 2004
On Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:05 PM
ballerinatwirler wrote:

I tried them today. My family brought some home even though I've been on a no fast food kick. I lived them except they left a really greasy taste in the my mouth and gave me a really bad stomachache. I don't think I'll be trying them again.

Didn't mean to write I lived them.
re: Has anyone tried the Chicken Mcbites? (karma: 1)
By iliahmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2331, member since Tue May 10, 2005
On Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:11 AM
Too much breading.

I think I'll stick with McNuggets from now on.
By DefyingGravityPremium member Comments: 5265, member since Sun Jan 19, 2003
On Sat Feb 04, 2012 02:39 AM
I absolutely loved them when I tried them today. I'll definitely be getting them again! It was a chicken nugget mixed with KFC in a bite sized piece. YUM.
By Sumayah Comments: 6876, member since Wed Nov 12, 2008
On Wed Feb 08, 2012 07:45 PM
I've had a hard time with processed meat product since this. I realize McD's only uses all white meat, but still... mrphmbleblarg. ><
By imadanseurPremium member Comments: 16604, member since Thu Dec 04, 2003
On Wed Feb 08, 2012 09:13 PM
Yuck yuck yuck. I like McDonald's chicken sandwich, and I like the McNuggets. I do like these at all.
By SoloJazzDancer Comments: 21529, member since Wed Jun 30, 2004
On Sat Feb 11, 2012 08:03 PM
I was a McBites virgin until last week when I bought a snack sized one. Mom & I shared some of it but I ate more. I did not eat it all so I saved some for another day. Did I like it? Yes!!!! I loved the taste, I loved the crispy breading, I loved everything! When I warmed it up a day or 2 later, I put it in aluminum foil, cracked it open a bit and put the oven on 400 degrees. They were warm and crispy. I left them in for about 5 min. or so, not to long. I'd so get them again.
By SaraTheGrouchmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 8600, member since Thu Apr 17, 2003
On Sat Feb 11, 2012 08:49 PM
Yuck. I ate a few tonight and they were awful.

ReplySendWatch