Popular Owners

Opinion on dancing at Disney by kdhuehl
I am needing advice on how to go about planning a dance trip for my company to Disney world. I have...

Forum: Arts / Diaries

Diaries
God does have a sense of humor! (karma: 1)  en>fr fr>en
By hyehokismember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2233, member since Tue Jul 30, 2002
On Sat Jan 28, 2012 09:11 AM

He made me didnt He- hahah. That was my first thought this morning.

As some of you know, my husband had a grand mal seziure last year which wiped out his entire memory- EVERYTHING!!! After many months of doctor visits, etc. Stanford diagnosed him as having Psychogenic Non Epileptic Seziures and profound retro- grade amnesia. He is also considered epileptic. Well to say the least last year was hard. It is hard to talk to someone who does not know their past. we have been trying to rebuild his memory, but nothing stays retained for long. I know he has been very frustrated with it as well. Going back to work and getting his drivers license back has helped. Last week we were standing in the kitchen cleaning up from dinner and he told me he doesnt know me or the girls. I was like yes you do! He said he didnt because everything was wiped out and he is starting new. He got very frustrated and i told him I wish I could find someone who he can talk to who understands what he is going through. So the next day at work I had some downtime and went online and found a man by the name of Scott Bozlan. He has been all over the TV, news, etc. I emailed him with my husband story and I was not expecting anything more. The next day I got a call from him. He has the same condition my hubby has. He and my hubby spoke and he also sent us his book he and his wife wrote called "my Life, Deleted". After the phone call, my hubby was just grateful to talk to someone who knows what he is going through. I was so glad he got to talk to someone too. Scott's story is similar to my hubby's. He was on the CBS morning show. Hopefully this link works. www.cbsnews.com . . .

All I can say is thank God for putting people in our lives!!!

Ok so I have a huge celebrity crush on Luke Goss. That man is just fine!!!! He is English and has a twin- good golly. I guess they were pretty popular in the 90's with their rock bank called Bros. Can you imagine twins- holy moley! Twice the cuteness! Some of the movies he is in are pretty violent and graphic. The only movie I did enjoy him in was "one Night With The King". HELLO!

Po

11 Replies to God does have a sense of humor!

re: God does have a sense of humor! en>fr fr>en
By hyehokismember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2233, member since Tue Jul 30, 2002
On Mon Jan 30, 2012 08:27 PM
I know God has a sense of humor. How can this be??? He put two of my celebrity crushes in a movie! Honestly! The movie is called Seven Below and it stars Luke Goss and Matt Barr. Coming out in summer 2012.

I really enjoyed the movie One Night With the King. It was clean and a beautiful love story. It really didnt depict the story of Esther that well, but it was close.

Po
On Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:16 AM
Well it is time I update. Hubby is doing the same. Last month he went to the doctor for his yearly check up and they found blood (in a not so discreet area). We were both freaked out. Now what, colon cancer???? We both prayed. He goes and sees the GI doc in April. The doc does not think its cancer, but a deep fissure- which we think as well- but it is still scary.

Hubby and I are still working on us. We have come to the conclusion that his memory may never come back. We cant change what has happened, but just move on from there. Its really hard to wrap your head around on how he feels. All I can do is love, listen, and be there for him. All I can say is God is good! We were watching our wedding video yesterday and he of course did not know anyone in it. He told me he is not the same man I married. I told him I liked this man better!!! I really do :)

My mum's mastectomy is scheduled for tomorrow. She is scared and I dont blame her. Its funny how I look at pictures of her with hair and I am not used to those, but used to her chemo head- haha. Thankfully she has a nice shaped head! She has wigs and wears them when she pops out, but when we visit her, she wears some kind of a bonnet or head wrap. Thankfully she has not lost her eyelashes or brows (although they are hanging on by a prayer). Since her surgery is tomorrow, the girls and I as well as my sister are all going to wear pink. I will be making the girls shirts since they had none at the breast cancer store.

As if this week was not exciting enough- Piper ended up getting sick. She had a fever (small one) and sore throat as well as a runny nose. I am not sure who she got a sore throat as her tonsils were removed, but Piper always had sinus problems and throat problems. Thank goodness its not strep.

Po
By DeStijlmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7008, member since Sat Jul 17, 2004
On Wed Feb 22, 2012 04:35 AM
Thinking of y'all from the land downunder!

Never ceases to amaze me how strong your family is. Hope those beautiful girls if yours are doing well. :)
By Odessamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11219, member since Tue Feb 26, 2002
On Wed Feb 22, 2012 04:57 AM
hyehokis wrote:

it stars Luke Goss

Luke Goss as in Bros? As in "When Will I Be Famous"? AWESOME.

Po, I am so inspired by your marriage and your family. I can't even imagine what it would be like for Mark to lose his memory and forget who I and our cat-babies are, so reading your story has warmed my heart.

I hope you and Mr Po and your two beautiful girls continue to grow in love as a family.

Erin.
::righteous babe::
On Wed Feb 22, 2012 07:35 AM
Thank you both- my kiwi friends :) Your comments made me smile!!!!

O- yep, that Luke Goss. The man and his twin are so georgous!!!!!

Mamacita made it through her mastectomy. Her tumor shrunk considerably and the spot they found on her lymph node was gone. The surgeon did take some lymph nodes out just in case, but she is doing well and should be coming home today!!! YAY!!!

Hubby was going to meet me at the hossy yesterday but could not find me. I told him to stay put and I would go get him, but he got very frustrated and left. It was sad. Sometimes he has his difficult moments and sometimes he can be very sweet. I think he was embarrassed as well :(

Po
On Wed Feb 22, 2012 08:27 PM
My mum came home today and she is doing very well. I love draining and milking the tubes (they remind me of little granades)-haha. I am going to be taking care of her for the rest of the week. I dont mind though.

My sister and I had a grand time chatting at the hossy. If you look at the both of us you would never believe we were from the same family. She has a blond mowhawk with her natural dark brown hair. She is also slimmer than I and is the party queen! We can laugh at hours on end about the most stupidest things too!

The girls were super naughty tonight and went to bed at 6:30 PM. I fed and bathed them of course. They both have bad colds and need the rest. Hubby went to bed as well at 6:30pm. I of course cannot sleep this early and have a ton on my mind. Love being on vacation, but this is not exactly a vacation though, but at least I dont have to go to work!!!

The pics are the shirts I made for the girls yesterday for their Fram-ma and Neh-neh :)

Po
By CaffeinePremium member Comments: 2915, member since Wed Aug 08, 2007
On Wed Feb 22, 2012 09:23 PM
I'm so glad your mum came through the surgery and is well enough to come home. :)

I hope this is the first in many, many positive things to come your way - goodness knows you need them after what you have all been through during the past year! You've been so strong despite everything that's been thrown at you.

And I don't know how I missed your diary before, but Luke Goss from BROS? OMG, I had the biggest crush on him and Matt when I was a teenager. ~swoon~
On Fri Mar 02, 2012 01:27 PM
Edited by hyehokis (34354) on 2012-03-02 13:31:08 Forgot to add something :)
^^ Oh mummy!!! Those Goss brothers. I actually think Matt is way smarter looking than Luke- but who knows. I cracked up when they did their interview in like 1990 on the show "In Bed" holding their teddys- hahah. They were what- 17 then. Now they are 43- holy moley!!!

Mum is doing super well. I am actually shocked at how well she is. She still has her Jackson Pratt drains and they are still filing up with fulid- but she is a whole lotta woman!!! Hopefully next week she will get them out. In 3 weeks she starts her last two rounds of chemo then 6 weeks of radiation. We found out that the 11 lymph nodes has some spects of cancer cells in them that the chemo did not get. :( Hopefully with the radiation and chemo- it will knock it out. The doc removed her bandage and we finally saw her "scar". I can tell you- it looks like a face- a grumpy one at that- haha. It does make me feel sad though to see my mum go through this. She is a really strong lady though. It is just weird seeing her bald and one boob less!

Hubby is still doing the same. I dont know how he keeps on going. We talked a great deal last night and his memory and headaches are just sucky!!! I did speak to his nurse at Stanford yesterday and basically he needs to be in therapy once a week. Once a week! There is no way we could pull that off. He is a dairy cattle hoof trimmer. He gets up at 4:30am and works until 6-7pm. Now time for stopping! I will just pray and leave it in God's hands. He has taken care of us before!!! I just cant wrap my head around it. It would be nice if hubby was on perm. disability, but as of now, he has to work. Just the thought of everything you need to provide to the disability office scares the pants off me. He does have a valid cause though- he has prfound retrograde amnesia and a seziure disorder. Sometimes he will call me and ask how to get home. It really sucks, but there is good from this- I know!!!!

To top everything off- Leighton is sick. Piper was sick two weeks ago with a throat and nose infection and fever, now Leighton has it. My sitter has walking puemonia too. Leighton's nose was runny all last week so I figured either allergies or a small cold, but yesterday she developed a fever. GREAT! probably has what Piper had. And how does one have a sore throat when their tonsils have been removed- stumps me. I wonder if Piper can still get strep throat????

Also- who can eat a bacon butte- bleh!!! I am not sure, but everytime I watch Keeping Up Appearances- Onslow wants one. He is one funny bloke!!!!

Po
On Sat Mar 10, 2012 09:32 AM

So this last week was pretty much busy and boring at teh same time. I did make progress though with help for hubby. I found a local Tramatic Brain Injury (TBI) support group that meets every month and its about 5 mins from our house. Wonderful. I also found a rehabilitation doctor that came highly regarded for hubby as well. I never though he would ever need one of those, but I guess people with TBI's do need to be rehabilitated. We have just been sort of muddling along with everything. Next step is therapy- which might be tricky. Hubby needs it though. I also suspect he has a sensory overload disorder as well. He just cant cope with loud noises! Church kills him (the pipe organ). There are some times we will be sitting on the couch together and he will twitch. It is so sad. I usually notice this happening in stressful situations and when he is very, very tired.

Mum is doing good. One drain gone and the other to be taken out hopefully next week. It is so funny to look at her now and be used to that bald, chemo head. At first it really bugged me to see her like that, but now its like "mum take off your wig, I know its itching your head and just go bald." Leighton loves rubbing neh-nehs bald head. She says it feels scratchy- like daddy's face after he has not shaved.

Last night the girls and I popped over to mum's for some supper. She made fried chicken, which she has not done since I was in school. My sister joined us later. The pic is of my sister and the girls. Piper of course has chocolate on her leo (she was a ballerina at school today- Dr. Suess week). My sister and her mowhawk!!

Po
On Thu Mar 29, 2012 05:45 PM
Hubby and I had our first group therapy on Tuesday. It was great, but I think pretty exhausting for him. We basically sat in a circle with a bunch of other people with varous stages of Tramuatic Brain Injuries and discussed what the cause was, etc. When it was hubby's turn to share, he made me do all the talking. My husband has Psychogenic Non Epileptic Seziures. Basically they are seziures that dont affect the brain waves, but he also has epilepsy. These past few months have been very hard on him. He has been having horrible headaches and nothing is helping. We have been pushing for a SPECT scan but non of our docs want to do one or think it is necessary. His AED's arent even helping with the pain or seziures. I can tell you he is a whole lot better than what he was last year, but its a long road with this!!

Next week we have an appointment with a rehabilitative doctor who came highly regarded to us. We are hoping he will set us on the right course. Its hard!

Today my mum also had her 2nd to the last chemo's. more to go then it is raidation city for 6 weeks. Her hair just started to grow back too. The girls wore their shirts today for their Neh-Neh and Fram-ma :)

Po
On Sun Apr 29, 2012 09:26 AM
Update!! My mum had her last chemo last week. No more chemo for her!!! on 5/22 she will be having radiation for 6 weeks, then a chemo pill. I cant believe how fast everything has gone. She was growing a cap of hair, but it fell out again- haha. One last bang before she is done!! There is life after IBC!!!

In other news, we have decided to purchase a house. I have about 5% saved up and just found out about closing costs. Holy Moses! I didnt realize they could end up costing more than the actual down payment. Does anyone have any suggestions about cutting them down?? Also I really hate investors. They seem to nab up the homes that we want within hours of them being on the market. I can also say that people are pigs!! Doesnt anyone care about clean? Some of the houses we viewed were in actual deplorable condition and smelled to high heavens (dog pee). How can they ask that price when the house is almost close to being condemed!!!

Po

ReplySendWatch