Popular Ballet

Pointe shoe dilemma and Grishko shoe models? by Gemma11
I have a problem with my pointe shoes and hope I can find some good advise here... So I´m...

Forum: Advice / Health & Nutrition

Health & Nutrition
Help with Weight! en>fr fr>en
By raindeerrock Comments: 20, member since Sun Nov 27, 2011
On Sat Jan 28, 2012 08:10 PM

So I recently started dance, and I've lost a ton of weight (15 lbs.) I'm way toooo skinny and my teacher are telling me to gain weight. Problem: I already eat like 8000 caloreis a day. I LOVE EATING! So any help would be super nice! Thanks

3 Replies to Help with Weight!

re: Help with Weight! en>fr fr>en
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 33919, member since Wed May 22, 2002
On Sat Jan 28, 2012 08:17 PM
If you are LITERALLY eating 8,000 calories a day and LOSING weight, you need to be seen by a doctor, because there is a massive problem with your body. If you're reasonably healthy, there's no way that that's possible.
By DefyingGravityPremium member Comments: 5236, member since Sun Jan 19, 2003
On Mon Feb 06, 2012 02:14 AM
Theresa wrote:

If you are LITERALLY eating 8,000 calories a day and LOSING weight, you need to be seen by a doctor, because there is a massive problem with your body. If you're reasonably healthy, there's no way that that's possible.
Meh, it's definitely possible. When my little brother was rowing for the crew team (one of the best in the nation), he lost weight if he ate anything below 8,000 calories per day. We couldn't keep enough food in the house. Granted, he was a 6'0" dude. I don't know the OP - maybe she is, too :]
By YumYumDoughnutPremium member Comments: 8019, member since Sat Jul 10, 2004
On Mon Feb 06, 2012 06:47 PM
Edited by Sumayah (204191) on 2012-02-06 19:26:39 added a zero ;)
My brother plays a bunch of sports and he also has a super hard time gaining weight. He is easily eating like 3000 calories a day and he is still losing weight.

Here are some things he eats to try and gain weight.
1. Peanut Butter and Banana milkshake. Use whole milk.
2. Powerbars or protein bars which are high in calories. ( he eats like 5 in a day)
3. He also drinks a bunch of whole fat milk, yogurt and cheese.

ReplySendWatch