Forum: General / Contests - Winners

Contests - Winners
Winner of the Fifth Annual DDN Karaoke Contest (karma: 4)
By oz_helenmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11196, member since Sat Aug 10, 2002
On Sun Jan 29, 2012 05:55 PM

The contest was much quieter this year, but we did get some great high quality entries. It was actually quite difficult to determine a winner as the standard was quite even across the board.

No entries were eligible for Funniest Karaoke Performance this year, so no prizes in this category will be awarded.

Without further ado, the winner of the Best Karaoke Performance is AlwaysOnStage with her lovely rendition of Dream a Little Dream. I loved the variety of phrasing and the clear storytelling throughout. AlwaysOnStage wins a Premium Membership, Karma, and the coveted DDN Karaoke trophy!

Image hotlink - 'http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z268/oz_helen/trophy2011.jpg'

AlwaysOnStage also wins a never-ending packet of Tim Tams!

Image hotlink - 'http://www.taste.com.au/images/articles/a11261046.jpg'

And because I couldn't split so many of the other entries, congratulations go to the Honourable Mentions: Panic, smileywoman, Jonelle, Heart and Reel. You can share these amongst yourselves.

Image hotlink - 'http://annychih.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/img_0677.jpg'

Thanks guys!

Helen

4 Replies to Winner of the Fifth Annual DDN Karaoke Contest

re: Winner of the Fifth Annual DDN Karaoke Contest
By MarlaSingermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3906, member since Fri Jul 25, 2008
On Mon Jan 30, 2012 06:49 AM
COOKIES AND CREAM IS MIIIIIIINE!!!!

I've actually never had Tim Tams before, being in America and all, but yeah. Cookies & Cream sounds like a good choice.

But seriously - Thanks, Helen!! Congrats to AOS and to all of my fellow Honorable Mention winners!
By AlwaysOnStagePremium member Comments: 7417, member since Sun Apr 18, 2004
On Mon Jan 30, 2012 07:08 AM
Squeee! Oh, this made my day so much better! Thank you for your kind words and for my awesome trophy that I get to print out and put in my music book!

I also loved listening to all of the entries every year: it's a blessed part of DDN.

Now I'm curious about that TimTams taste like...I'll have to get a hold of some!
By oz_helenmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11196, member since Sat Aug 10, 2002
On Mon Jan 30, 2012 01:34 PM
You can get Tim Tams in the US now (in Target, I think), but they don't taste exactly like the ones that are freely available in Australia, according to people who have tried both. The ones in Australia are DIVINE!!! Best way to have a Tim Tam is to bite a bit off each end, then use it as a straw for your coffee. Oh yes.

By the way, this is where the never-ending pack of Tim Tams comes from:

Recognise the actress?

Helen
By Dream_chaserPremium member Comments: 25854, member since Thu Jul 26, 2001
On Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:14 PM
Where have I been?!!! I want a Tim Tam! I never heard of them but they sure look scrumdillyiscious!!

ReplySendWatch