Forum: Arts / Acting

Acting
Favorite Monolauges
By raindeerrock Comments: 20, member since Sun Nov 27, 2011
On Mon Jan 30, 2012 03:27 PM

It's always good to have a bunch of monolauges ready so what are your faves? Please none from those stupid monolauge books! Also try to stay away from comedy unless its REALLY funny!!!!

1 Replies to Favorite Monolauges

re: Favorite Monolauges
By Gioiamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3024, member since Sun Jun 20, 2004
On Mon Jan 30, 2012 09:56 PM
Edited by hooray4jj (97099) on 2012-01-30 22:01:14
It has been awhile since I have done a monologue, but I really liked a piece from "The Madwoman of Chaillot." I didn't realize until I had already performed it that it was also made into a movie with Katharine Hepburn (which I have still not seen, it did not get as good of reviews as the play). It is comedy, but I think that it is a satire that anyone today can enjoy. Countess Aurelia is a lovely but very eccentric woman that is so much fun to play. It is good to do as a monologue because there are so many parts of the play where she just goes off on a tangent and talks forever and you don't need any props. I only remember parts of it now, when she is talking about waking up in the morning and putting on her wig and makeup. I found the script online books.google.com . . .

If I get time to skim through it I will let you know which pages I pulled the monologue from.

ReplySendWatch