Priority Dresses & Costumes

Forum: Highland / Highland - Competitions

Highland - Competitions
Premier B Ontario en>fr fr>en
By Momofdancer10 Comments: 201, member since Sun Sep 19, 2004
On Wed Feb 01, 2012 06:58 AM

WOHDA usually has a Premier B competition, the entries are out and I dont see any PRemier B's ? :( Any know if there will be any in Ontario ?

Thank you

7 Replies to Premier B Ontario

re: Premier B Ontario en>fr fr>en
By knitter99 Comments: 31, member since Sat Mar 12, 2011
On Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:34 AM
Fergus always has a B, Georgetown usually does too, there are hardly any outside of the big summer games though. Canadians also has a B but I guess that doesn't help much... it's a pity there aren't more, I think we'd see an increase in turn out if there were more A/B comps.
By hilndmom Comments: 564, member since Sat May 01, 2004
On Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:16 PM
I agree. I would like to see more Premier B competitons.
At times, there are groups in the 20+ and some dancers KNOW they don't stand a chance of placing.
Breaking into A and B - even if it means adding in an extra age, will give those girls a hope of feeling successful in their day.

It needs to be about the love of dancing and encouraging that - as well as the love of perfection. A and B does that nicely, in my opinion.
By Ceilidh_DancePremium member Comments: 765, member since Wed Oct 13, 2004
On Wed Feb 01, 2012 09:10 PM
WOHDA does not hold a premier B competition. If I recall correctly, the Perth Oxford District WOHDA held a comp with A/B at one point but that was in the late 90s and possibly early in 2000s. Definitely nothing in the past 8 or 9 years. There are no plans for WOHDA to hold an A/B comp any time soon. I believe there must have been an average of 300 dancers (or some such number) over the three years previous to the current competition for the organizer to apply for an A/B. I'm not sure if that is a ScotDance rule or a board rule. Very few indoor comps qualify these days.
By HighlndSoccerMom Comments: 259, member since Sat Dec 06, 2008
On Thu Feb 02, 2012 08:43 AM
The Niagara Falls competition has a Pre-Championship.
By half_point Comments: 71, member since Wed Apr 01, 2009
On Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:05 AM
Calgary often has competitions for Restricted Premier and Premier dancers. (I'm assuming Restricted Premier is the same as your Premier B.) The CHDA November competition has a REstricted Premier class. Also the Calgary Highland Games and Canmore Highland Games usually have the Restricted Premier class available as well.
By Cariboucove Comments: 27, member since Sun Feb 05, 2012
On Sun Feb 05, 2012 03:04 PM
Totally agree. It would be nice to see more B competitions to encourage more dancers to come out to competitons.
By Momofdancer10 Comments: 201, member since Sun Sep 19, 2004
On Fri Feb 10, 2012 01:38 PM
knitter99 wrote:

Fergus always has a B, Georgetown usually does too, there are hardly any outside of the big summer games though. Canadians also has a B but I guess that doesn't help much... it's a pity there aren't more, I think we'd see an increase in turn out if there were more A/B comps.

Funny way to put it ! "I think we'd see an increase in turn out " No pun (BUN) intended

All kidding aside I think there would be less Dancers stopping dance in Premier.

I thought for sure there were Permier B's in WOHDA? I might be mixing it up ? One in Ontario usually does 2 or so a year ?

ReplySendWatch