Popular Disco

U10/12 beginner pairs £30 by megbeth
U10/12 racy lacie beginner pairs black Lycra bottoms and turquoise Lycra top excellent...

Forum: Advice / Health & Nutrition

Health & Nutrition
The Super Bowl Workout Game! (karma: 1)  en>fr fr>en
By sjerosemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1149, member since Thu May 11, 2006
On Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:07 AM

It's like a drinking game, only with exercises instead of alcohol.

www.dailyspark.com . . .

Image hotlink - 'http://www.dailyspark.com/blog_photos/super_bowl_workout.jpg'

Would anyone want to try it with me this Sunday? I'm going to have my husband hang onto the sheet and help me keep track of things since he's much more into the football game than I ever would be.

6 Replies to The Super Bowl Workout Game!

re: The Super Bowl Workout Game! (karma: 1)  en>fr fr>en
By imadanseurPremium member Comments: 16206, member since Thu Dec 04, 2003
On Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:24 AM
OMG. Honestly I love this. I will be at a Super Bowl Party with a lot of people and won't be exercising, but I will be in spirit. I am passing this on to my bootcampers though. I think they will love it.
re: The Super Bowl Workout Game! en>fr fr>en
By toroandbruinmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 3520, member since Fri Oct 10, 2008
On Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:43 AM
Love this game! Though I don't think I could convince any of my family to try it. (My husband and I usually record the game, then fast-forward through it stopping only for the commercials and half-time.)
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 33908, member since Wed May 22, 2002
On Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:47 AM
If I thought I could get that much uninterrupted time with the TV, I'd be in on it too.
By sjerosemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1149, member since Thu May 11, 2006
On Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:56 AM
I should probably add, I am actually going to be at a small party with friends, too! I'm asking my friend to do it with me, but I don't know if she will. I think they'll get a kick out of making me do the exercises, but all supportive of me at the same time since these are good friends. We should all get a nice laugh I think, or at least till I start getting exhausted, then there'll be one less laughing...

It'll definitely keep me from binging on all the snacks, though!
By slice Comments: 1152, member since Fri Oct 15, 2004
On Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:04 AM
Oh goodness, that sounds like an incentive to not watch football that day!

Very neat idea though. Does Madonna count as an aging rock star? :P
re: The Super Bowl Workout Game! (karma: 1)  en>fr fr>en
On Sun Feb 05, 2012 08:13 PM
Oh, Lord, I hurt so bad. I missed most of the 2nd quarter since I was doing the radio show for the 1st quarter and was driving to the friend's house after and didn't get there till right at halftime, but still. Here's how I did throughout the course of the game:

Jumping Jacks – 100
Single-leg hops – 20
Dips on chair or sofa – 80
Reverse Crunches – 60
Push-ups – 110
Bicycle crunches – 720
Bridges – 20
30-sec jog in place
Chicken dance – 3x
Squats – 150
Burpees – 10
30-sec high knee jog
Stairs – 3 flights up/down
60-sec plank – 2
30-sec plank – 6

I'm proud of me for not stopping though! I was feeling pretty awful round the 4th quarter, but I wasn't going to quit. Ok, now I'm actually going to eat a little supper since I couldn't during the game...

ReplySendWatch