Popular Ballet

Audition Pictures by PointeStudent
Soon it's going to be time to take audition pictures for SI. Is there any place to take good quality dance pictures around the Philly/NJ area? For not too expensive.

Forum: Advice / Health & Nutrition

Health & Nutrition
Yeast infection in stomach? en>fr fr>en
By hyehokismember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2233, member since Tue Jul 30, 2002
On Sun Feb 05, 2012 07:27 PM

About two weeks ago I had my annual gyno appt. Well I got my pap results back and they said that everything was fine except I have a yeast infection. Huh? I know when I have a yeast infection and I definately did not have one. I told the nurse I felt normal and had no symptoms, but she said it might be internal so she called in a prescription for Diflucan. For the past 4 yeast I have been dealing with horrible eczema and eczema in my groin area. I suspected I had jock itch (4 years-crazy right). I finally went to a dermatologist and he told I did not have it and prescribed some powder. Well I did not get the powder. So I finally bought some Tinactin and used it for about two weeks. Guess what- jock itch was gone.

I put two and two and two together and figured that somehow either the jock itch caused my yeast infection or that I have a yeast infection in my stomach and that is what has caused my horrible excema. I know I am not allergic to anything either. Its just strange. I have yet to get the Diflucan. I read up on the side effects and it kind of scares me. Has anyone taken Diflucan? Did you have a horrible reaction? Maybe I am just a big freak, but hmmmm.

Po

4 Replies to Yeast infection in stomach?

re: Yeast infection in stomach? en>fr fr>en
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 33933, member since Wed May 22, 2002
On Sun Feb 05, 2012 07:41 PM
I got thrush and they put me on Difulcan, didn't have a single side effect. It was hard to swallow the pills, but then, it's always hard for me to swallow pills. Seriously, my thyroid pills are the size of tic tacs, I still struggle with them some days. :/
By Celebrianmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7853, member since Thu Mar 31, 2005
On Sun Feb 05, 2012 08:56 PM
I know you can get it if you have athlete's foot. Your underwear have to travel past your feet and your private parts happen to be the final destination. Perfect area to grow it, too. Wet, warm and dark.

So maybe make sure you don't actually have athlete's foot since it can get caused that way. Also you can get it from your husband, so make sure HE doesn't have athlete's foot and/or jock itch. You can literally just pass this infection back and forth.

Diflucan? I took an oral yeast pill once years ago and had no side effects, but I cannot for the life of me remember if it was Diflucan.
By Odessamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11221, member since Tue Feb 26, 2002
On Mon Feb 06, 2012 08:49 PM
^Fluconazole is the active ingredient in Diflucan, Canesten, and a couple of other brands of thrush medications. So whether it was Diflucan you took or not, it was almost certainly fluconazole.

Erin.
::righteous babe::
By FeisForFoodmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2917, member since Mon Jul 17, 2006
On Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:36 PM
When you have an internal yeast infection, it's often referred to as candida or systemic candida (candida albicans is the name of the fungus that we call a yeast infection).

I had it and was put on Diflucan. I think my prescription was three pills and I took them every other day, or something like that. Anyway, I had vaginal symptoms too, so it made those go away and I thought I was fine, and then it came back right after I stopped the pills. So I did some research, and there are certain foods that are bad and certain foods that are awesome, when you're trying to kick a systemic yeast infection.

Example: Yogurt is good because of the good bacteria in it (it's good to take probiotics, too). Garlic is also good because it's an amazing antimicrobial. Sugary foods are bad because sugar feeds the yeast.

www.everydiet.org . . .

I promise it's not some crazy thing, it's just for a limited amount of time to help your body starve the little buggers and kick them out. I didn't even do the detox part, I just paid attention to the good-bad foods in addition to taking probiotics.

ReplySendWatch