Popular Highland

Niagara Medals by busmum
Wondering if anyone has heard the status of the medals from the Niagara PreChampionships in April? Thanks :)

Forum: Advice / Health & Nutrition

Page:
Page 1 of 21 2
Health & Nutrition
Random comment thread. Fitness Style! en>fr fr>en
By YumYumDoughnutPremium member Comments: 8018, member since Sat Jul 10, 2004
On Wed Feb 15, 2012 02:09 PM
Edited by YumYumDoughnut (99333) on 2012-02-15 14:23:33

I am not sure if a thread like this has already been made.

Random comment of the day : I just benched pressed with 2 10 lbs weights. That makes it 60 lbs of bench pressing! ( Bar+weight) Yaaaahooo, not bad for someone who is barely 120 lbs. ( I was able to do like 30 pushes total) I just pressed half my weight! My next goal is 70 lbs!

I haven't figured out my heaviest lift yet. I haven't had the guts to go up to the next weight.

25 Replies to Random comment thread. Fitness Style!

re: Random comment thread. Fitness Style! en>fr fr>en
By SaraTheGrouchmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 8464, member since Thu Apr 17, 2003
On Wed Feb 15, 2012 03:47 PM
My hip is angry so I didn't run today, but I think I'll run tomorrow. Abs class kicked my behind. They're still sore from last Wednesday's class! Merrrccyyy.
By LizDancermember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1057, member since Fri Jan 06, 2006
On Wed Feb 15, 2012 09:53 PM
I'm trying to get back into a regular exercise routine, so I've been going to crossfit for like the last month and a half, among other things. Today I went and it was a pretty hard workout, but I could tell that I'm getting stronger! I know I managed to do more than I would have been able to do a month ago. It's nice to feel like I'm starting to see improvement.
By GrinsPremium member Comments: 3429, member since Sat May 08, 2004
On Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:03 PM
Running outdoors is amazeballs and is getting heaps easier.
By Celebrianmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7849, member since Thu Mar 31, 2005
On Thu Feb 16, 2012 07:22 AM
I fit size 10s again! I went shopping last week to purchase clothing that fits. Holy cow, dress after dress I tried in 14s and 12s just didn't look or feel right. I was so used to purchasing that size that I couldn't figure out what was wrong! I had brought in size 10s into the dressing room just to see how they would look on me. They fit. All three dresses fit. Not cheap fit either. They really FIT! I was not wearing spanx or any corrective undergarments, just underwear and a bra.

Why did it not occur to me that 14s and 12s might not fit anymore? The numbers on the scale seem to have frozen on the same spot for the last six months. Forget the fact that despite eating less, making better food choices, dancing more and working out...why did I ignore the fact that the size 12 jeans that I'd just purchased 4 months before kept having to be hiked up? The number on the scale.

I'm starting to see that number is not what it seems.
By slice Comments: 1160, member since Fri Oct 15, 2004
On Thu Feb 16, 2012 07:33 AM
I've sadly decided to take a break from lifting for awhile [3 weeks - month] (which if you knew me would cause a big *GASP*).

The way I lift can become very stressful on the body, and I think my sleep schedule is just not supporting that kind of intensity. I've got more than a few big hurdles over the next coming weeks, so it's not going to change anytime soon.

In the meantime I'm looking for new ways to stay active. So far I've done the treadmill, but that has to be the most boring workout ever :P This winter has been pretty mild so perhaps I'll get some outdoor running in!
On Thu Feb 16, 2012 09:58 AM
My arms are screaming at me this morning. I couldn't even lift the cell phone to my head for a long time because my pecks started to cramp LOL.

Today is going to be a easy mellow day for me. Maybe a few butt workouts then off to the sauna and jacuzzi at my gym! Maybe if I am extra good, I can go have lobster with butter sauce. YUM!My abs are also screaming at me, part of me wants to work them out to feel the burn. I think a rest day for them would be good.

BTW, I fit into my high school jeans! I been working my little booty at the gym for a few months and I can actually button my 10th/11th year jeans. Heck yeah!

Ok so lets take a vote. Should I take a 6 AM cycling class twice a week? I have never taken a cycling class before, and I am a bit intimidated. VOTE VOTE!
By SaraTheGrouchmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 8464, member since Thu Apr 17, 2003
On Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:05 AM
I couldn't stretch my arm enough to reach the pitcher of water on the table last night! OUCH!

Spin class is fun. Just not at 6am.
By Coccinellamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5884, member since Sat Jan 25, 2003
On Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:09 AM
Went to the private gym that belongs to the company my boyfriend works for last night. Elliptical machine/running simulators provde way more of a workout than I thought! I'm not really sore today yet, but it had my heart rate up and I really broke a sweat. I only stayed on for 15 minutes! After that I did some ab exercises on an exercise ball, some squats on a bosu ball, then I did a bit of ballet stuff (the gym was empty, haha) and then some planks and stretching. :)
By Krystalmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 8406, member since Tue Sep 02, 2003
On Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:34 AM
I'm also trying to get back into a workout routine again. I've been doing the Ripped in 30 DVD lately and I really love it. I have to do it every other day right now though; my muscles get so sore and my legs always shook so badly when I did it every day. I'm hoping next week I can start doing it every day (like I'm supposed to).
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 33916, member since Wed May 22, 2002
On Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:46 AM
My motivation is super sideways right now. I've gained weight (four pounds in a week, which is shocking, I don't care who you are...least of all when you consider that I'd been on a plateau that started last November...), I don't feel good, I don't think my thyroid meds are doing anything for me, and I'm just a disaster.

I'm meeting with a dietician for the first time today, and even though I'm not due to have to get my blood retested for thyroid for like another two weeks, I'm going to do it today while I'm at my doctors office.

I keep trying to tell myself that on it's best day, my thyroid runs at half the speed a normally functioning thyroid would, which means that on my best day, I've got to do twice the work a normal person would in order to lose weight, so I shouldn't hate on myself for this, but I'm just so tired of working so hard for so long, with so little return. :(
By BeautifulMistakemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2426, member since Tue Feb 20, 2007
On Thu Feb 16, 2012 05:34 PM
I have yet to start working out again. I was doing Ripped in 30 a couple days a week and looking to do some Bob Harper videos but then I got a job and it's really rough on my body so I have yet to start working.

Work itself is a pretty good workout though. I'm constantly on my feet (either just 6 hours without breaks or being able to sit down or a double shift, 10 hours, with about an hour for lunch) and my arms and back are really taking a beating. I'm sore constantly. Thank God I work tonight (8pm-1:30am) then tomorrow night at the same time then I have two days off...and only a morning shift on Monday. But then the rough stuff starts again...Tuesday and Wednesday double shifts (7am-6pm) and that is definitely the worst. And Thursday I also have a morning shift with my night shift. Hopefully over the weekend my muscles can recoup or else work will be hell.
By mandakp Comments: 566, member since Fri Aug 05, 2011
On Thu Feb 16, 2012 06:16 PM
I've taken about 5 weeks of running and it's driving me crazy! I really hurt my knee about two months ago, and I insisted on keeping on running on it and it just got worse. Then I went overseas for a month so I thought, great! Chance to let it rest for a month and then I can get back into running when I get home! Of course I came home with the flu, and I've still got it a week later. :(
By Munkensteinmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 14367, member since Mon Aug 11, 2003
On Thu Feb 16, 2012 06:25 PM
I'm so frustrated with ceilings and ceiling fans...I can't even stretch without hitting the fan, much less try to do some of the parts of my workout DVDs. While looking at properties I'm seriously making sure that there's a part of the house where I could work out without punching through a light or a ceiling!
By ballerinatwirler Comments: 2061, member since Sat May 29, 2004
On Thu Feb 16, 2012 06:34 PM
How on earth are my bras too small! I need to formulate a good diet and exercise plan!
On Thu Feb 16, 2012 06:51 PM
Munkenstein, that was honestly a deciding factor on my apartment. I made sure that there was a wall large enough that I can do a handstand against without hitting furniture or part of the house. That is also why I have one wall that doesn't have any furniture around it, nor any painting on the walls!

As part of my diet, I have seafood soup tonight. Clams, Shrimps, Crabs, and fish are all low carb right? hehe
By ballerinatwirler Comments: 2061, member since Sat May 29, 2004
On Thu Feb 16, 2012 07:16 PM
Theresa wrote:

My motivation is super sideways right now. I've gained weight (four pounds in a week, which is shocking, I don't care who you are...least of all when you consider that I'd been on a plateau that started last November...), I don't feel good, I don't think my thyroid meds are doing anything for me, and I'm just a disaster.

I'm meeting with a dietician for the first time today, and even though I'm not due to have to get my blood retested for thyroid for like another two weeks, I'm going to do it today while I'm at my doctors office.

I keep trying to tell myself that on it's best day, my thyroid runs at half the speed a normally functioning thyroid would, which means that on my best day, I've got to do twice the work a normal person would in order to lose weight, so I shouldn't hate on myself for this, but I'm just so tired of working so hard for so long, with so little return. :(

Seriously! I have an underactive thyroid so I feel like I'm working out harder and eating better than most people and nothing ever happens. My thyroid meds did nothing for helping with my metabolism. As crazy as it sounds B12 really helped me for a while.
On Thu Feb 16, 2012 09:00 PM
I hate how long it takes to see change. Like, HATE. Captain Impatient reporting for duty.
By slice Comments: 1160, member since Fri Oct 15, 2004
On Fri Feb 17, 2012 03:09 AM
YumYumDoughnut wrote:

Ok so lets take a vote. Should I take a 6 AM cycling class twice a week? I have never taken a cycling class before, and I am a bit intimidated. VOTE VOTE!

I vote yes, but only if you're a morning person. I've wanted to take a spinning class so badly, but the only ones that fit my schedule are, go figure, at 6:30am and you have to call ahead each time to reserve a bike. No thank you.

So I didn't end up running outside yesterday (or at all) and I feel super lazy. After more thought taking a break from lifting sounds like the worst idea, since losing muscle at this point would be horrible. But I will be switching up programming and giving Westside a go, woo: articles.elitefts.com . . .
By pokomember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 8927, member since Sun Oct 31, 2004
On Fri Feb 17, 2012 04:02 AM
^ I made this mistake of doing a spin class one morning, then having to play 2 games of football that night. My leg turned to jelly as soon as I touched the ball. Tragic.

I made it through 3 games of football the other night, and improving on my beep test! Loving it!
By Live_on_Broadway Comments: 2505, member since Tue Oct 01, 2002
On Fri Feb 17, 2012 02:16 PM
I just started the Couch to 5K running plan this week. Has anyone else done it? I used to find running incredibly boring, but now that I have a smart phone, I'm able to listen to music and time my walk/jog intervals. It's waaay more enjoyable now, and I'll be able to track my progress, too. I'm hoping this gets me into better shape for spring!

I've also been going to more yoga classes lately. I love yoga so much, but the classes are so expensive. *sigh*
On Fri Feb 17, 2012 02:24 PM
The Couch25K ap made me a runner! I love it so much.

Woke up this morning and my left ankle freaking hurts. I can't work out if it was my road-run or salsa dancing that caused it (or perhaps both). Boo.
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 33916, member since Wed May 22, 2002
On Fri Feb 17, 2012 02:27 PM
So I think I'm over my case of "Why meeeeee?!" and ready to get back to working out. I think I'm going to start a new video, just in the spirit of turning over a new leaf, and all that.
By djcharamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 952, member since Mon Jan 11, 2010
On Fri Feb 17, 2012 02:54 PM
For the spinning class, I say go for it!!

I do spinning 1 or 2 times a week at 5:30, and I love it. I am not a morning person and when the alarm goes off, I always think of excuses why not to go, but I drag myself there and once I get going, I'm always glad I came.

My other FAVORITE early morning class is body pump which is a weight-training class that works all your muscle groups in 45 minutes. It's killer but really good and I can feel myself improving.
By Celebrianmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7849, member since Thu Mar 31, 2005
On Fri Feb 17, 2012 04:23 PM
Husband's having a guys night out. If I can get that kid to sleep by 8:30 I can get in a Wii Zumba workout!

And I have also been considering one of those couch to running programs as well because of all the praise it gets on ddn. I ain't exactly starting out on the couch but I haven't run in quite sometime and I need these legs to teach dance and literally cannot afford to injure myself right now!
Page:
Page 1 of 21 2

ReplySendWatch