Forum: General

"What I really do" meme (karma: 1)
By ibteachin
On Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:42 AM

I had to make one for us. It's not as good as the others floating around the internet, but it amused me. I hope you like it. :)

13 Replies to "What I really do" meme

re: "What I really do" meme
By dancetcher1
On Sat Feb 18, 2012 03:37 PM
Is there one for "dance teacher"?

I teach preschoolers and I know my perceptions of the "great knowledge I'm passing onto my students" is very seldom the reality. lol
By MissMerry
On Sat Feb 25, 2012 08:48 AM
One of my facebook friends posted this!
By Triskitmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Feb 25, 2012 07:19 PM
In the choreographer one, what is the first picture "what society thinks I do". Looks like some alien creature...I don't get the implication
By DancinDiva5678
On Sun Feb 26, 2012 08:47 AM
Haha! This is one is great! Especially being at a competition last night and that's exactly what I was doing, hair and makeup. So funny!
By millysmommy
On Sun Feb 26, 2012 01:49 PM
I love on the dance teacher one.. "what the parents think i do" and "what my husband thinks I do", are so competely true.

For the "what I actually do" can anyone ind a picture of an octopus sewing sequins on a costume, editing music, doing a childs hair in a bun, correcting a sickled foot, all while chereographing their next recital dance, and speaking ont he phone to a parent. Probably not a picture thats out there, but it should be.
By Tapdanzer
On Sun Feb 26, 2012 01:52 PM
"What random wired men I meet at weddings think I do"... I almost just spit out my coffee!!!
By foreverdance0member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Feb 27, 2012 07:18 AM
The Dance teacher one is so true! My partner does seem to think I'm just sitting around! and parents think I'm made of money!!
By loverofballet
On Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:01 AM
Under the teacher one, I would have had a picture in the studio with me sleeping on a bed and the caption reading "Where my preschoolers think I live".

In answer to Triskit's question, I think society in general has no real understanding of dance interpretation, so that photo represents that they think choreographers are strange people who choreograph strange stuff the public doesn't get.
By dancengroovegirl
On Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:26 AM
loverofballet wrote:

Under the teacher one, I would have had a picture in the studio with me sleeping on a bed and the caption reading "Where my preschoolers think I live".

Sometimes the parents think this as well. The funny thing is I do have a bed in my office at the studio for my little one when she is at the studio with me.
By kirkpatrick3
On Tue Feb 28, 2012 04:24 PM
For the Zumba instructors
By liv2dnz
On Tue Feb 28, 2012 04:40 PM
It actually looks like the person is being engulfed by an octopus.
Most definitely not what we do or even try to do! As for the teacher, That is so true!
By MissMerry
On Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:22 AM
loverofballet wrote:

So true!!!
By prettycat
On Thu Mar 01, 2012 05:44 PM
I swear that when I was 5 I was convinced my ballet teacher lived in a little magic house whose door was behind the barre. I was always looking for the doorknob, lol!

ReplySendWatch