Forum: Arts / Food & Beverage

Food & Beverage
What temperature do you like your food to be at?
By kaymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1474, member since Sat Aug 11, 2007
On Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:05 PM

I'm talking about temperature-neutral foods like pizza, chicken, sandwiches, where there is no set temperature to eat it at (unlike ice cream or soup). For example, my dad likes his pizza straight out of the fridge, but my mom loves pizza when it's piping hot out of the oven. I'm in the middle, I LOVE room-temperature pizza that has been sitting in the box for a while...lol! Same with chicken, sandwiches, ect. Maybe that's why I love packing lunches, since I get to eat food at room-temperature. So I'm wondering at what temperature do you like your food to be?

8 Replies to What temperature do you like your food to be at?

re: What temperature do you like your food to be at?
By KaydeeJayde Comments: 190, member since Thu Jul 21, 2011
On Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:49 PM
Depending on the food, actually. I like hot sandwiches... like, sandwiches with hot fillings, but I love cold or room temperature pizza. I prefer ice cream when it's all melted down and not quite so cold anymore. Meat and chicken and stuff, i like them hot better than cold.
By Kekoamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 8949, member since Sat Jul 19, 2003
On Mon Feb 20, 2012 01:41 AM
Unless a food is specifically supposed to be cold, like ice cream, I like it hot. Pizza, soup, everything. I just really dislike cold food, or even room temperature food.
By Louisemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 17315, member since Thu Jun 06, 2002
On Mon Feb 20, 2012 04:14 AM
If it's a cooked meal, it needs to be mouth-blisteringly hot. I might wait for it to cool down a little bit but it needs to be put in front of me piping hot. Warm food that's supposed to be hot is grim. If food comes out cold/lukewarm and it's meant to be hot I'd send it back, that's nasty.

Sandwiches, unless it's a panini or toasted sandwich, I prefer at room temperature. I don't tend to like cold sandwiches out of the chiller cabinet.
By imadanseurPremium member Comments: 16604, member since Thu Dec 04, 2003
On Mon Feb 20, 2012 04:45 AM
I also like my food really hot if it was just made. So does my husband. If it cools off at all he'll microwave it and he's been known to microwave his food half way through his meal.

Most eftovers I usually like cold (weird right?) I can eat cold Chinese food, pizza, chicken, etc. I also like cold sandwiches...I do not like my food room temperature at all. Fruit and veggies are always cold when I eat them.
By balletbella23member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 62, member since Fri Feb 10, 2012
On Mon Feb 20, 2012 09:25 AM
I like things that are supposed to be hot, hot (like pizza and soup).

But for things that are supposed to be cold, cold.

For room temp stuff, not my favorite but still OK.

~BalletBella
By MarlaSingermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3906, member since Fri Jul 25, 2008
On Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:25 AM
Just slightly above room temperature for most things. I'm actually eating some pasta primavera right now that is just a few degrees above room temperature, and I think it's perfect. When I reheat food in the microwave, I heat it enough so that it all gets warm but then usually wait for it to cool down a bit before I actually eat it.

Now, if it's supposed to be cold, that's a whole other story. Cold food needs to be cold, period. As do cold drinks. Mark can drink room temperature soda. I'm kind of surprised I married him, since that seems like a sign of mental instability to me.

And hot restaurant food should be piping hot, but that's just because if it's not hot, it seems like it's been sitting around for a while, and that's really unappealing. But I still won't eat it until it cools off.
By Amyliamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4405, member since Fri Apr 11, 2003
On Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:38 AM
Hot. Whenever I reheat anything I over heat it until it's really really hot. Sometimes I'll even put it back in the microwave mid-meal if it gets too cold for me.
By wickedangelclare Comments: 38, member since Mon Jan 16, 2012
On Tue Feb 21, 2012 07:17 AM
I like it hot but not so hot that it burns your mouth, but i love chocolate out of the fridge!

ReplySendWatch