Popular Ballet

Russian pointe vamp 1??? by pianistenpointe
Does anybody know where I might be able to find a pair of Russian Pointes with a vamp 1, without...

Forum: Highland / Highland - Competitions

Highland - Competitions
SDCCS 2012 entry dates? en>fr fr>en
By CNDhighlandmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2311, member since Wed Jul 20, 2005
On Mon Feb 20, 2012 04:30 PM

does anyone know what dates the entries open for Edmonton? I know the choreography entries already opened but what about the individual events?

4 Replies to SDCCS 2012 entry dates?

re: SDCCS 2012 entry dates? en>fr fr>en
By LilDancer17 Comments: 667, member since Thu Dec 04, 2008
On Mon Feb 20, 2012 05:48 PM
I think next month...
By highlandnorth Comments: 317, member since Sat Mar 21, 2009
On Mon Feb 20, 2012 06:03 PM
The website says March 15.
sdccs.ca
:)
By TJoanneT Comments: 131, member since Thu Nov 19, 2009
On Tue Feb 21, 2012 03:03 PM
I don't know about you, but I'm going to wait a bit to register this year. I usually like to register early, as my girls like to dance near the end of their group, and our local competitions often fill before the registration deadline.

At the SDCCS last year, my daughters were near the end of very large groups, and first call for the next dance had been made before they took the stage for the dance they were lined up for. What that meant is that they were in the line-up area the entire time, whereas girls who danced first could leave and had time before going back.

Also, I'm curious how the registrations for the additional qualifier competition are going to be handled. Will they be expecting dancers to register (and pay) for this event before their provincial selection meets are held? If this is the case we won't be registering for anything until after our selection meet in April.
By CompactDiscomember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1063, member since Fri Aug 29, 2008
On Tue Feb 21, 2012 05:11 PM
I'm registering the second registration opens... In my province I can name at least 3 dancers in my age category who I have NO chance of winning against so I figure with that out of the way I might have a chance at qualifiers... It's interesting though... SDCCS being in Alberta and registration opening before the Alberta qualifiers... *shrug*

ReplySendWatch