Forum: Music / Music & Songs

Can You Feel the Love Tonight? - cutting the music
By racheltwinkles93
On Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:31 AM

I am currently choreographing many dances for spring recitals, and I am running into an issue. Do you think it would be incredibly tacky to start "Can You Feel the Love Tonight?" from the Broadway soundtrack at 1:48 (the instrumental section) and continue to the end? I've already started teaching it to the girls, but I can't decide where to cut it! I'd like to have just the instrumental section (ends at 3:52), but unfortunately if I cut it there, it doesn't make a good ending. Since I won't be doing the first two minutes, could I pull off having the last part in there without it being ackward? Hope this makes sense...

Here's a link to the song:

www.youtube.com . . .

Thanks for your advice!

1 Replies to Can You Feel the Love Tonight? - cutting the music

re: Can You Feel the Love Tonight? - cutting the music
By LlamaLlamaDuckmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:42 AM
Edited by LlamaLlamaDuck (113868) on 2012-02-24 10:49:01
I think I would start something from 1:25 at least it is an intro to the whole thing... and go to 4:15 or so... if you can figure out entrances and exits to that? At least it's a more natural transition... UNLESS

You aren't doing a lion king theme and no one is really supposed to know where the music comes from... that end flute bit seems to end on too much of a high for an ending though.

ReplySendWatch