Forum: Arts / Diaries

Page:
Page 1 of 221 2 3 4 5 6 18 19 20 21 22

Diaries
Planting an Appleseed
By CaffeinePremium member Comments: 3194, member since Wed Aug 08, 2007
On Thu Mar 01, 2012 08:04 PM
Edited by Caffeine (183827) on 2012-03-01 20:30:21 ticker

I wasn't going to start a new diary, but changed my mind so I can blog about my pregnancy without inadvertently spilling the news to those people IRL I haven't yet told. Feel privileged, DDN - you were among the first people who found out!

Why the title? I have an app on my phone which charts progress and size and all sorts of cool things. When I found out, the little sprout was the size of an appleseed. The nickname stuck. :D

As of now, I'm 9 weeks, 2 days along. Still very very early. I've gone through the first barrage of tests so far and am considered obscenely healthy by my GP.

I've weathered morning (all-day) sickness, but I hope I've turned the corner and the endless nausea is settling down to occasionally-when-I-get-too-hungry instead. I'm neither gaining nor losing weight at the moment (thankfully my already enormous boobs haven't exploded yet), but I am bloating, thank you messed up digestive system. The only other major symptom I've had to date has been fatigue. N is introducing me to the joys of Star Trek, but it's not uncommon to find me snoozing through episodes. I swear I hear them, but once that title music kicks in, I'm gone. Pavlov's lullaby?

I had my first ultrasound this morning. The clinic advised me to have a very full bladder, so I drank the proscribed 5 glasses of water. For a normal person, aside from being uncomfortable, that wouldn't pose too many problems, right? But I'm not normal. For one thing, my uterus is backwards (retroverted/tipped/tilted/wonky/pick as you choose), so that full bladder? A problem. They could barely make out said uterus, and Appleseed was too hidden. Take two, and we got to see a tiny grey blur. A heartbeat (166 bpm!). Movement. OMG. It's all suddenly much more REAL.

The sonogram confirms the dates we'd already figured out: I should be due on October 2. I have tickets to a concert on October 4. Of course. If I had my 'druthers, I'd like it to come about 10 days early, but we'll see what the Sprout decides to do.

The only people I've told IRL so far have been N (duh), and both sets of parents. We're waiting until Easter, until we're out of the first trimester, before we tell anybody else, just in case.

I still need to contact an obstetrician (to do list for next week) and make sure my preferred one is taking patients for this year. It's hard to make calls during business hours, though - cubes have ears, and I don't want work to find out yet...

Image hotlink - 'http://lmtf.lilypie.com/IfjWp11.png'

image source: yogaheals.wordpress.com

534 Replies to Planting an Appleseed

re: Planting an Appleseed
By Odessamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11250, member since Tue Feb 26, 2002
On Thu Mar 01, 2012 08:38 PM
Edited by Odessa (22571) on 2012-03-01 20:38:45
"Space, the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship zzzzzzzzz"

Also, congratulations on making a person!

Erin.
::righteous babe::
By UberGoobermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 6414, member since Sat May 15, 2004
On Thu Mar 01, 2012 09:49 PM
I'm not pregnant, but I get the whole sleeping/hearing tv shows thing. I will doze off on my boyfriend and "pretend" to be awake. And I can kind of hear them...and then I hear him laugh and for some reason, I laugh too even though I don't know what we are laughing at.
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 34891, member since Wed May 22, 2002
On Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:10 PM
I've never seen Napoleon Dynamite all the way through, because it does that to me. I could not even be the least bit tired when it starts, and even still...zzzz

I remember hiding from everyone too. My aunt decided she wanted to go to Weight Watchers, and wanted a buddy, and asked me if I'd come. I said I would, then found out I was pregnant. I didn't want to tell until we were out of the first trimester, plus there was a great deal of fuss over deciding whether or not we were going to keep the baby anyway (we of course did...), so I definetly didn't want to tell until we'd decided.

So then I had to come up with a BS list of reasons for why I didn't want to go to Weight Watchers with my aunt. I ended up on "I don't feel like I'd do that good at it..." Uh, I used to be a Weight Watchers leader, for crying out loud! Surprisingly, she didn't go "WTH?!"

So then I finally got to tell, and it all made more sense, haha...
By hyehokismember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2233, member since Tue Jul 30, 2002
On Fri Mar 02, 2012 01:06 PM
I am sorry you are having all day MS!!!! 9 weeks was when it was bad for me. Hopefully it will subside in a few more weeks. Get the Zofran and take a listen to the Bros!!!! hahah

Po
On Sun Mar 04, 2012 03:56 PM
LOL - I'm so glad I'm not the only one who falls asleep in the middle of certain shows/movies! There's something about Patrick Stewart's voice that just sends me riiiiight off..... On Saturday night we had SiL and BiL around for a games night, and I dozed off partway through one SuperMario level. I thought it was only for a moment - the music was all the same, after all - but when I woke up they were three or four levels ahead of where I quit out!

I suspect my other BiL suspects something. A few weeks back we had them round for dinner (this was when my MS was really bad), and we said I had a tummy bug, which was why I was eating something different to everyone else. He quirked an eyebrow and glanced at my tummy, but didn't say anything. Yesterday we went round to one of the cousin's homes for a kid's party. A few babies and pregnant woman there (apparently now is the time for pregnancy!), and BiL again looked very pointedly at my belly when I was standing next to Heavily-Pregnant-Cousin's-GF. Hmm. I suspect our Easter announcement may be preempted...

Last night was a rough night. I was up every 2 hours, and when I did sleep properly, I had the most disturbing dream. In my dream, I'd gone to hospital to deliver the baby. But when I woke (in the dream), I was in a sterile white room, on a double hospital bed with N, and had no recollection of the delivery at all. A nurse came in and bustled around, wrote a "Congrats" card in black marker, said it was one of the easiest deliveries ever, and told me to wait until the pediatrician had done his rounds, then I could go. Some time later a video screen pops up in front of me, and the same nurse said the baby wasn't viable. It had been born too early (9 weeks), and it's skull was malformed, like a pre-historic hominid. Yes it was still alive for now, but not for too much longer.....

I really don't need dreams like that right now...
On Mon Mar 05, 2012 07:18 PM
I figured out why I dreamed what I dreamed. It's not a good idea to watch documentaries on anthropology/human evolution and nuclear explosions while reading baby magazines. The things you learn...!

Another rough night with MS last night. I thought I was fine, I really did, because I'd been so hungry during the day, but WHAMMO! I think I nearly blacked out, I was that sick. And now have lots of teeny tiny bruises (that Wiki called petechia) in a band running across my eyes from one temple to the other. It's pretty impressive, really, like a stripe, a mask of red-purple freckles.

Image hotlink - 'http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/aragwinity/2012/bruise-1.jpg'
Lovely.
Taken at about 12:30 this afternoon.

The obstetrician I wanted (whom I've seen before for an unrelated matter) is all booked up for October, so I'm back to square one. I know which (private) hospital I want to go to (I think), so it's a matter of finding an OB who is taking patients and who delivers there... *headdesk* (Is it wrong to pick an OB simply because in his bio he likes reading and jazz (and pina coladas and getting caught in the rain)...?)
By UberGoobermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 6414, member since Sat May 15, 2004
On Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:02 AM
Dreams involving pregnancy are always bizarre. I had one after reading a baby blog for an hour that I had to deliver and my boyfriend thought we had wayyy more time than we did. So he made the cab driver (?) take us to the gym first and I gave birth in the men's locker room with all these shirtless hot men walking by lol.

Wow I didn't know about that micro bruising. I have heard you can sometimes pop blood vessels in the eyes from MS too. Pregnancy is no friend to women's bodies apparently?
On Wed Mar 07, 2012 07:51 PM
Oh gosh, no! A parasitic nine months followed by a scene from Aliens? Nature has a weird sense of humour! :P

So, I've made a booking to see my next-in-line OB: next Wednesday. (N can't come - he's in class then, which sucks, but that was the time they gave me). Talking with the receptionist about dates etc, however, and she said I'm close to 10.5 weeks gone, and need to get the Downs syndrome blood test done *NOW*. Because after 10.5 weeks, it's too late and you're doomed. Doooooomed. Oookay - my GP never said anything about that, just that there was an ultrasound to be done before 13 weeks (I had a blood test done at 6 weeks, but I don't know if they did/could screen then). So I've bumped my GP appointment forward to first thing tomorrow, and hope I can get the bloods done before heading off to work. I need to book in somewhere (weeks in advance, from the sounds of it) to get the 12 week ultrasound done, too, but will wait until after I've seen the GP, if nothing else.

Way to make a new, pregnant, hormonal patient panic. :?

I told my boss this afternoon. Wasn't going to, but I figure I'm going to be taking a lot of time off on odd days here and there - mornings off for tests, days off here and there for OBs and the like, so better to say something sooner rather than have it questioned... And really, unless things go horribly wrong, they're going to find out eventually anyway...
By Coccinellamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5930, member since Sat Jan 25, 2003
On Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:21 PM
I've totally had petechia like that on my face, it looks awful, eh? I got mine from passing out and seizing and my body straining really hard during it, and then I think vomiting several times afterwards exacerbated it.

UberGoober: I popped a ton of blood vessels in my eye for the same reason as above and it looks so weird. Almost all the white of one eye was blood red. Very creepy!

*lurker comment over*
On Thu Mar 08, 2012 05:01 PM
Edited by Caffeine (183827) on 2012-03-08 17:45:12 finish that train of though, girl!
^ Popped blood vessels in the eye? Eek! I think I got off lucky if this is the worst I get from a bad bout of barfing.

I saw my GP this morning. He likes my choice of OB, and is happy to hand me over to their care. I got copies of all my blood tests and scans (one of each) to date, he wrote the required referrals, told be to book in for my 12 week ultrasound and waved me off.

So I called the ultrasound place - they can't fit me in. Until mid April. A little late for the 12 weeks test. They are also adamant I need the 10 week blood test (GP said I didn't and the receptionist didn't know what she was talking about), so I'm just confused and stressed and worried about WTF I'm going to do.

I need to call GP's office and get a referral to a different ultrasound clinic, and tell him about the bloods too.

Gah, I don't need this now! It's insanely busy at work right now, and all I can think of is OMG I gotta get these bloods done ASAP but I don't know where/how/who/what and it's all so overwhelming and AAAARGH!
On Thu Mar 08, 2012 05:28 PM
^Everytime I heard about women and OB appointments I just think that must be the most frustrating thing in the world. Way too many things to think about and way too strict of a time table to get it all done on!!!! They need more OB's I think, but too many males are being discouraged from the profession and the malpractice is ghastly and will only get worse.

Good luck with your appointment making!
On Thu Mar 08, 2012 05:54 PM
Edited by Caffeine (183827) on 2012-03-08 19:35:33 update!
Thanks - I'm going to wait until the office is empty (soon) before calling the GP ... cubes have ears and I don't want to be overheard! If I can get the right paperwork from the GP, I'll be happy, for now.

As for OBs, it seems the majority of them in my area are male, and there's heaps to choose from. I don't mind, really - N will be with me most of the time, so as long as they do the job and we all come out the other side of this experience healthy and safe, it's all that matters.

It's the officious female office staff who get my back up, to be honest. I told them it's my first pregnancy and don't really know what I'm doing, and they throw all these "Must do NOW" and "should have done THAT three weeks ago" things at me and blaming me because the GP didn't tell me what they wanted me to know. Gah. It may be all routine for them, but for newbies like me it's bewildering and with their attitudes, they're not helping!

[edit]
My GP called me back, and gave me a number for a different place. Any questions - tell them to contact him. Great. He said they'll also do the bloods.

I rang them. They won't do the bloods. :( But I *have* booked in for my 12 week ultrasound, so that's a bonus! This bloodwork is the thing that's stressing me more than anything though...
By hyehokismember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2233, member since Tue Jul 30, 2002
On Fri Mar 09, 2012 09:33 AM
Any crazy cravings- like say for a bacon butte or blood pudding?? Bleh, Im not preganant and I cant stand the site of those two things- even curries- bleh!!!

Is the Downs test really necessary? Sometimes doctors push uncessary tests. Unless your high risk, I would pass on that.

Po
On Fri Mar 09, 2012 05:55 PM
Thankfully, no weird cravings yet! I'm hoping because I eat a pretty varied diet at the best of times that the cravings will keep away. (Although having said that - I have been wanting a lot of salty foods. I can devour a pack of savoury rice crackers far too easily! My excuse is that it helps with nausea. :P )

The only reason I think they're pushing the Down's blood test is so that IF it's positive and IF we decide not to continue we can sort it out before 12-14 weeks. But honestly we haven't really discussed what we'd do - IF that happens we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. (Fingers crossed Appleseed is perfectly fine so we don't have to have that discussion!)

I gave up on getting the blood tests done - it's a long weekend (for most people (boo, I still have to work)) this weekend, and nobody wanted my blood in the stupidly short time they gave me to get it done, so we'll just tell the OB's office that. If he won't see me, I'll find someone else who will without all the scaremongering!

I need sleep. Not just to function as a normal human but also to fight off this cold a colleague has given me. Last night wasn't too bad (relatively speaking), but I'd kill for one solid, unbroken night's sleep rather than waking every two or three hours. Today is my slothday: I plan to do as little as humanly possible without dissolving into a puddle of goo on the floor. Book? Check! Cup of green tea? Check! House to myself? Check! Time for my date with the recliner...
On Wed Mar 14, 2012 05:07 PM
I had my first OB appointment yesterday. And all that stress from last week? for nothing.

The OB himself seems like a really nice guy - great "bedside" manner, a self-deprecating sense of humour, and warm hands. After going through my details and medical history ("Aren't you boring with no major health issues?") we chatted about the blood tests I was supposed to get done last Friday. No worries, he said - you've got until 13 weeks to do it, and here's the paperwork. By the way, the place you've booked in for your 12 week scan aren't that great, so here's the proper paperwork and my receptionist will get you in to a better place.

Sweet.

I asked him about my MS, and he said I was on the better half of normal, but if it continued after the next couple of weeks to maybe think about alternate therapies (acupressure etc). I mentioned the crushing fatugue and he laughed at me - according to him it's a way of training my body for the 2am wakeup calls. And the only other thing we asked was about what can I and can't I eat. He said as long as I'm sensible (as in not gorge on deli meat, salmonella and top-of-the-food-chain fish), everything in moderation is just fine. He even said if I want the odd drink here and there, he has no issues with that at all. Its all moderation.

From there, he took me to an exam room and he did a breast exam (because I said I'd at least try BFing) - all normal - and an ultrasound. OMG. The little sprout is in there, twice the size it was at the 8 week mark and soo active! It had moved around from my first scan so its head was the other side, and it was waving its little limb-buds while I watched!

So. Amazing.

I still can't beleive that I'm growing a life.
On Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:18 PM
Phase One of Operation Clean Up for the Appleseed started this weekend. Ostensibly, it was so N could put his car back in the garage, but that couldn't happen until we got the cupboards in the garage into the bungalow which couldn't happen until we emptied the bungalow of fabric rolls which couldn't happen until N's dad emptied his bungalow. It's like a giant game of dominoes.

But throwing out stuff has been cathartic. You know when you're cleaning up an IT tech's place - so many computer parts that were kept "just in case". And give we were both techs for a while, that was a lot of parts.

During the cleanup, we discovered that one of the downpipes on the bungalow had blocked up and leaked. We don't know when, because the corner that flooded was hidden by the rolls of fabric. So we'll need to rip up the carpet and hope the floorboards are still OK. Ugh. We can't afford to rebuild it if it's rotted out beyond all hope of repair.

Once the bungalow is sorted, the next phase will be to empty out the spare room. Get all the craft stuff and my old bellydance costumes out of there and into my cupboards. Then assess what furniture we do/don't have, what we need to get and figure out how we're going to decorate the nursery. One step at a time.

When I got home from work on Friday night, there was a envelope from my OB. Strange - had my payment not gone through? No, it wasn't that.. it was a picture from the ultrasound he took on Wednesday. As best I can see, the Appleseed is facing the camera, knees drawn up, one hand beside its face and the other sort of flailing around. Pretty cool. :)

I also think I've been feeling Appleseed move around last night and today. The Interweb says just under 12 weeks is too soon (and that it's just gas), but it doesn't feel like anything I've ever felt before. It feels like sharp butterflies, almost painful but not quite, just under my navel, and I swear the Appleseed is using my uterus as a bouncy castle!
re: Planting an Appleseed (karma: 2)
On Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:56 PM
I saw this article in the paper today, about breastfeeding, La Leche League, and fathers taking an active role in feeding their children:
www.dailylife.com.au . . .

It's not the first time in recent weeks I've heard these sort of stories, and I'm sure it's not going to be the last. The stories of the militant pro-breast "supporters" badgering and pestering and hounding new mums who cannot - or will not - breastfeed are truly disgusting. It seems that for every one person who has been helped by these pro-breast organisations, there's a dozen made to feel like failures as women. That's not "support" by the pro-breast league: that's harassment.

Those stories are why I hesitated when my OB asked if I would BF or not. I don't want to be on the receiving end of judgments and guilt trips if for whatever reason I want to use a bottle. Even if that is simply to express and let N feed the Appleseed. My baby. My boobs. My choice.

But the thing that really gets me the most is the attitude that these groups - and the community at large - have towards other peoples bodies and the intensely personal decisions they make for themselves. Whether it's abortion, pregnancy, breastfeeding, parenting, it's all become a competitive sport, and the snarkier-than-thou win. How does my decision to do what's best for me and mine affect you (general) in any way? You do X? I'm happy for you. I do Y. Be happy for me in return. Don't try and justify or validate your choices by denigrating mine. Every pregnancy, every baby, every body is different, and there is no cookie-cutter right or wrong way to go through life: the only right way is the one which works for those involved.

Life's tough enough as it is without having uncalled-for judgments heaped upon one's head by someone pushing an alternate agenda.
On Sun Mar 25, 2012 05:06 AM
And to continue on the thread of boobs...

One thing I've been unprepared for so far with this pregnancy is the change to my body. To clarify, I knew everything would shift and get bigger and hurt and all that jazz, but I expected it to all happen a bit later on in the process.

I'll be 13 weeks on Tuesday, and I've already gone up a cup size (and they're not cheap bras, either!).

Up until yesterday they've been a mother to deal with: huge, sensitive and really really sore. But I can deal with that - just one of the side effects of creating life, right? And given they've been that way since the start, I figured they'd continue that way throughout.

So it threw me into a tailspin this morning when they simply stopped hurting. And with the absence of any other major symptom - morning sickness is almost gone - I feel pretty much how I did before I became pregnant (albeit sleepier and more bloated).

That's a good sign, right? :?

I know every pregnancy is different, but it's stuff like this that I wish the books/magazines covered, rather than making me resort to Googling!

I have my 1st-trimester ultrasound on Thursday. Because it's the screening one, I'm nervous...
On Tue Mar 27, 2012 05:17 PM
So much for thinking my symptoms had left the building for the foreseeable future. Had a wicked night of evening-sickness which also included the joy of a pea stuck up my nose. Ouch. (Still can't beat chocolate-coated-coffee beans for "most painful foodstuff coming out of the nose" though).

I woke up at 3am for a pit-stop as per usual, but what was NOT usual was the spotting. Bright pink spotting. Not much, but enough to get me freaking terrified.

I'm more spiritual than religious, but I spent the rest of the night praying that my little Appleseed is going to be OK.

That one little blip in the middle of the night is (so far, touch wood) the only spotting I've had - nothing since then, and no cramping or pain or anything, but I'm scared.

I'm going to speak to someone at my OB's office this afternoon (clinic closed this morning - of course) to get peace of mind, if nothing else. And I've got my 1st-tri ultrasound tomorrow to double check. (If something terrible does happen while I'm at work today, I am within 10 minutes walk from very well respected hospitals.)

Dear readers, If you've been pregnant, did you have any random spitting like this? Please tell me I'm worrying and stressing over nothing...
On Tue Mar 27, 2012 08:23 PM
Update: The midwife (and OB) talked me down, and said that as I'm getting the scan tomorrow, to keep calm and carry on.

So that's a relief. (Not sure if I'll truly relax until I see the Appleseed squirming on the screen though!)
By Nyssasisticmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3643, member since Sat Sep 20, 2003
On Wed Mar 28, 2012 06:33 AM
Just noticed that our diaries have similar titles, fairly similar subject matter, and were created within a few days of each other. Go us! Lol.

I did have slight spotting as well, now with all 3 pregnancies. Although I've come to expect it to an extent, it STILL makes me freak out every time. I bet your scan will be just fine :)

As far as the post about nursing you posted a few days ago, I know it's hard, but don't let other people's opinions get to you. I've been lucky enough to be able to nurse both of my kids, but for every person supporting my BFing there's been someone that's been there to criticize it. You're really damned if you do, damned if you don't. When it comes to parenting especially, I think every person really feels strongly that their method is the correct one and if you don't conform to that method then you must just be crazy :) You just do what's right for YOU and YOUR BABY and let the rest of the world go on with it's judgmental self.

I think I said it in your original announcement thread, but if I didn't, Congratulations! Please feel free to PM me if you ever want to talk baby stuff- I'm a month away from my due date and am SO baby-oriented right now that I wouldn't mind having someone to jabber on about baby-related stuff with!
On Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:57 AM
Thanks, Nyssa! I must confess I've been diary-stalking you (because Mumford & Sons are all kinds of awesome), and I've been following your progress with interest. :)

I'm so glad to hear that you had spotting with all your healthy pregnancies, too. I saw your post before I went out this morning, so it was reassuring! As for nursing, I'm still not sure what I'll end up doing - but I do know I'm going to try to avoid the whole competitive-parenting-by-committee thing as much as possible!

I had my Official-Scary-First-Trimester-Ultrasound done today. Because N couldn't make it (he had class), I invited my mum and MiL to come with me instead. When they were both pregnant, ultrasounds were only for high-risk pregnancies, so it was an experience for all. :)

As per usual, my backwards-facing uterus meant we had to do things differently. First was an internal ultrasound, and I was relieved to see the Appleseed was squirming and kicking away. It was amazing seeing the spine and ribs and jawbone and all the other bones forming.

Then the external ultrasound, to get all the required measurements. Little tacker was very stubborn, and wouldn't get into the right position for the back of the neck goo measurement. So the sonographer poked and prodded and maneuvered the probe this way and that to get it. And it looked like Appleseed was enjoying being difficult, turning somersaults and I swear at one point it mooned us! Took ages - we were probably in there for close to an hour. But eventually she got it, and so far so good - can breathe another sigh of relief there!

After the scan, we went out for lunch and a spot of shopping. My credit card hates me. But at least I've got the foundations for a winter maternity wardrobe: tunics, tops, leggings, jeans etc. And MiL is going to make me a coat to go over it all. I bought my first baby-thing too: a tiny little hat.

Can't wait til Easter and I can tell everybody!
By PinUpGirlmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 25878, member since Tue Jul 16, 2002
On Thu Mar 29, 2012 08:04 AM
Glad to hear your ultrasound went well. I've been stalking your diary a bit. I have zero desire to be pregnant (I think that's a healthy attitude for a single 27 year old ;)), but I'm fascinated by pregnancy. I love hearing updates & progress.

Sounds like you're growing a feisty one in there. Good luck with that. :D
On Sat Mar 31, 2012 09:30 PM
Thanks, PinUp! :) I'm finding the whole process fascinating, too - confusing and bewildering, yes, but also very fascinating.

I'm officially booked into my hospital. A small private hospital about 10 minutes drive away, with fantastic sounding facilities. I'll do a proper tour when I go to my antenatal classes, but I heard good recommendations about this one from people I've talked to and read online. And my OB sounds like it's one of his favorites, too.

I have private health insurance, so there was no question about me going private for all of my care. It might be $$, but at least I'll have the same care throughout and I'll be treated like a person, not another body to get in and out. Likewise there was no question about delivering at hospital. Some people may prefer birthing centres or home births, but for me, I want to be in experienced hands and have easy access to anaesthesia, surgical facilities, painkillers and the like if I need them. Heaven forbid something goes wrong, but if it does - I feel the hospital will be the right place for me.

So I'm booked in to deliver, booked in to antenatal classes and physio, and now all I have to do is stay healthy. :)

I (finally) figured out what's been triggering some of my evening-sickness lately. And it's one of the most unlikely things imaginable: the act of brushing my teeth. I don't know why, or how, but invariably if I'm feeling crook, that's what will set me off. Lovely.

My MiL came past my house on Friday when I was at work, and very sneakily took patterns from the tunics I'd bought the day before. She called in this morning, with an armload of stuff for me: a couple more tunics, a poncho and a coat. They still need to be finished - she needed me to try them on so she could get the right fit - but it's so kind of her to do this for me. :) I feel positively spoiled! The poncho and coat are mockups - she said she was going to re-make them in a nice thick heavy wool so I can stay warm in winter and not have to spent a fortune. I'm so spoiled. <3
Page:
Page 1 of 221 2 3 4 5 6 18 19 20 21 22

ReplySendWatch