Forum: Arts / Diaries

Page:
Page 20 of 221 2 3 4 5 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
re: Planting an Appleseed
By Tishwah Comments: 586, member since Sun May 17, 2009
On Mon Mar 02, 2015 02:23 PM
It isn't selfish, and you can wallow all you want!
By CaffeinePremium member Comments: 3194, member since Wed Aug 08, 2007
On Sun Mar 08, 2015 05:31 AM
Thanks :) It just feels a bit selfish because I know other people have it far worse than I do. That's my 'stiff upper lip' upbringing showing through, I guess. If I distract myself enough with stuff, I won't have to think about it.

M has been a right handful this week. He's getting his two-year molars, which compounds the matter, but he's being Two with a capital T. He's trying to give up naptimes, but at two and a half, there is no way that's going to happen. We still have a minute window of time each day when we can get him to sleep (usually after a tantrum with one parent [me] before he wears himself out for the other one [N] to settle). He's had a lot of later nights lately with no corresponding change in his wake-up time, so he needs his sleep.

Today, however, was epic. Two hours of kicking, screaming and fighting and working himself up the point of hiccups, with me staying calm and soothing through gritted teeth and giving cuddles with arms of steel. Two. Hours. I gave up after that, but sent him to bed early (with a special encore performance, of course) instead. Ugh!

Between that and the wilfulness and the demands ("Mummy, NOW!") he's exhausting. He's also getting much rougher in his play: we are working with his daycare to try and nip the rough stuff in the bud so he doesn't hurt anybody. It's hard to get through to him when he just shuts you out some times - I swear at times he's two going on fifteen - but we persevere.

Speaking of perseverance, the Event at work went well. Nearly made myself ill with stress, but got it done, to praise from my boss, his boss, and the heads of the faculty. Not bad for three weeks part-time...
re: Planting an Appleseed (karma: 1)
On Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:41 PM
And so begins my first foray into the world of Serious Fibre Arts.

A couple of months ago, I decided on a whim to buy myself a drop spindle and some roving and try to spin some yarn. While I’m not much of a storyteller, the yarn itself turned out to be pretty nifty. Super, super chunky, but it’s Yarn that I Made. Pretty proud of that effort. (pic1)

After seeing my humblebrag post about how awesome it was I’d spun my first skein of yarn, I was inundated with offers of wool. Raw wool. And thus, I have in my possession a bale-and-a-bit of unidentified sheeps wool from N’s uncle, and a promise of 8 bags of alpaca from a friend down the street.

A bale of wool. Do you know how BIG that is? It’d be close to a metre cubed, stuffed full of wool. There is no way I’d be able to make a dent in it using my tiny little drop spindle. (pic2)

Enter ebay. And a $40 spinning wheel. (pic3)

When I picked up the wheel on the weekend, I discovered it needs some minor maintenance – tension springs are missing and it needs a drive band – so while after ordering parts, I decided to take a good look at the wool.

Because life was never meant to be easy, the ‘-and-a-bit’ bag of wool had not been cleaned. (I’m too scared to look at the bale to determine the condition of those fleeces!) I decided to go online and figure out how to prepare the stuff, wash out the dirt, poo and lanolin and turn it into something half useable.

It took hours. The better part of the weekend, if I’m honest. Bending over my makeshift sorting table (window screen on a patio table) picking out grass, leaves, sticks, unidentified suspicious squishy stuff and the occasional dead bug. This is not a craft for the squeamish.(pics 4 and 5)

Then filling large buckets with boiling water, detergent and wool and hoping like crazy that the water was hot enough to ‘scour’ the fleece. Again and again and again. Because the first tutorial neglected to mention that lanolin recongeals in quite warm temperatures, and the whole ‘let it soak overnight’ idea didn’t really work out for us. (pic6)

Each time I emptied the buckets (I’d hate to think how much water I used!), I spread the fleeces out and picked through to remove more ‘impurities’. And each time I saw another clump of lanolinny wool that hadn’t soaked out or another section of grass and bugs I’d missed on an earlier pass.(pics 7 and 8)

By Sunday evening, I’d had enough. My back was getting sore, I was using a ton of water, and I wanted to start drying the wool. I gave it a good rinse with water and vinegar to strip out the last of the detergent, and spread it in the sunshine to dry. (pics 9 and 10)

I know there are a few spots of lanolin still in there, but I don’t know if I can face doing it all over again.

And that was just a teensy fragment of the wool I was given. You can barely tell I’ve taken any from the bag! I need to find somewhere that can do all this for me – a nice wool processing, scouring mill somewhere that does small, ‘artisan’ batches, because at the rate i’m going, I’ll lose all enthusiasm for the craft before I’m through one bag!

The washed fleece is drying in the laundry. Once it’s dry, I’ll comb and “card” it, and turn it into a batt or something to start spinning. Now, if only those spare parts would come…
By Nyssasisticmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3643, member since Sat Sep 20, 2003
On Wed Mar 18, 2015 05:22 PM
My sister in law LOVES spinning! I've watched her take the raw wool, pick/wash/card it and spin it. It's a lot of work, but she says it's therapeutic for her. I love the idea, but don't have the patience for it myself. I know she's super proud of her finished projects, and I hope that you end up with the same (well - deserved ) sense of accomplishment in the end!
On Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:01 PM
Edited by Caffeine (183827) on 2015-03-23 22:05:37
Our dance troupe had our first paid performance at a carnival on the weekend. We used to do community events for the love (and experience) of it, so a PAID gig is pretty amazing.

After the performance, while we were taking photos, I was chatting to one of our non-performing troupe members about spinning, and she eagerly (ok, cackled with glee and laughed maniacally) volunteered to teach me: spinning, plying, dyeing, wool classifying, and in return, I will teach her crocheting. I think I am getting the better part of the deal here.

Because I am nothing if not impatient, I had already attempted dyeing some of my washed fleece in an old crockpot. Seriously, no matter how well you wash that stuff, there is always a sheepy smell that comes out in hot water...

L came round for the first lesson yesterday. She was most impressed with my $40 wheel (although I do still need to replace the bobbins), but laughed at my fleece and attempts at washing and dyeing it. For one thing, I had just grabbed handfuls of the stuff and assumed it was all the same; after rummaging through the bale and a bit, tutting at the length of the fibres, she dumped out the -and-a-bit bag onto the garage floor and spread out the fleece into two rough sheep-shapes so I could see the difference in quality between what I had wasted a day on and the actual usable, spinnable stuff.

It's not all futile - it's ok beginner fleece, but as the butchered phrase goes, I won't be making any silk purses out of it.

Back to the wheels. L showed me how to prep it for spinning and get started, then sat back and laughed. As a raw beginner, I'm actually not too bad; like dancing, once I stop thinking it clicks, but the thread on the bobbin is so slubby and uneven and its obvious when I've been thinking. She had brought some better quality fibre to spin while I cursed my clumsy hands and untangled snarls, and let me try it. THAT stuff, I can spin, and spin well, but one must pay ones dues on the coarse grotty fleeces one was given.

By the end of the lesson, I think I'd got it. I smelled sheepy and was covered in lanolin and dirt, as I'd been spinning straight from the handfuls we'd pulled from the bag, but I think I'd got it. Now to get it all into muscle memory and whittle down that bale and a bit so I can play with the alpaca sitting in my neighbours garage.
On Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:31 PM
What do you want to trade for crochet classes? I have tried learning online but it just doesn't make sense.
re: Planting an Appleseed (karma: 2)
On Mon Mar 30, 2015 09:25 PM
Are you serious? I'd love to help if I can. :) (If only you were in Melbourne so we could throw yarn at each other!) I taught myself using the Lion Brand crochet instructions on their website here. The only downside to learning from them is that it's the US way of crocheting, so you need to do a bit of translating if you're working with an English/Aussie pattern. :)

We went out to Farmworld on Friday, an annual agricultural show in Gippsland. We go because N comes from farming stock, and it seems that you can't take the boy off the farm. Even when, in M's case, the boy hasn't actually been ON a farm!

It's funny: a couple of weeks ago, we took M to a local kids carnival and he didn't like it. Too many people, too noisy, generally too much to handle. I thought his reaction would be the same at Farmworld, but I was wrong, he LOVED it. The machinery, the animals, the STUFF to see (and freebies from vendors), the cold, the rain, the mud - he was in his element. And he walked MILES. He especially liked the trailbike vendor and seeing a bike just his size! (No, we didn't buy it.)

A super busy day and a late night and a chaotic following morning (Very Popular Children's Entertainer was inhabiting our shopping centre when we ventured out for groceries) made for a fractious weekend of NO.

I did a bit more spinning last night. Filled (more or less) one bobbin of raw sheepy goodness, and decided - because I like to run before I can walk - I'd try and spin my no-good washed and dyed fleece. For all of L's laughter, it was actually pretty good to spin: easier than the greasy wool and I was able to get a more consistent twist (and thickness) than even an experimental hank of merino roving I'd attempted. Ha! It'll never be pretty and smooth, but it's more fun to spin (and I don't end up stinking like sheep).
On Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:44 AM
If I lived in Melbourne I would be stalking you with a crochet hook!
On Tue Apr 07, 2015 06:44 AM
Happy Easter, y'all. :) I hope you have all had a nice break from the daily routine (even it is is same stuff, different place).

We took M up to the family cottage in the mountains for a couple of nights. I was not without apprehension, as he didn't take the trip too well last time, but all went well: he slept over the worst of the twisting, winding roads, and patiently rode out the rest of the journey singing along to his favourite songs.

Oh, and he was eager to spend time with his Pa. :)

After we unpacked, it was time to explore. It's a large block and some of the neighbours still haven't rebuilt after the fires, so there is ample room to run around, look for lizards, catch bugs and generally burn off some of that energy. Plus the forest right behind the house. And when he wanted to sit still, we had birds on the porch - kookaburras, rosellas, magpies, currawongs, williewagtails, and cockatoos - all angling for a feed. M's kookaburra impression is priceless... and accurate!

We took M into the township proper late on Saturday afternoon to catch the last of daylight savings down at the playground. Unfortunately, everyone else had the same idea, and it was bedlam. Kids everywhere! M did not enjoy himself - he couldn't play on the equipment without bigger kids pushing him out of the way, and it was just no fun.

We took him back the following morning, however, while the "Easter Bunny" (Pa) hid some eggs, and he was much happier having the place to himself. We explored, fished in the lake with a stick, climbed, puddlejumped, and even found a bunny sitting on a path. (N caught the rabbit - the poor thing was not well with myxo, but M was THRILLED to see an actual bunny, sick or not.)

Back to the house, and hunting eggs before the rest of the family arrived for Easter lunch. M made out like a bandit, with his little bucket positively overflowing with chocolate. THIS is one of the reasons we decided to stay a couple of nights (well, the peace and serenity, too!) - it took us a long time to get the smell of recycled chocolate out of the car last year.

I have a waterproof, shockproof (toddler-proof) camera that I let M use while we were at the house. Some people say I shouldn't give him real cameras because he'll think it's a toy, but he's really good with it, really careful, and I know he wouldn't play with a toy camera because they don't work. So I let him take photos on my Pentax. Some are a little fuzzy, but he's taken some great landscape shots and portraits of the family. He's got a good eye for that stuff already.

Both nights, M slept really well, and adapted to the daylight savings time change with ease, too. Of course, back at home in his own bed, his body clock reset itself to 'sparrow' and was up at first light. Ugh.
On Tue Apr 07, 2015 04:04 PM
I had an interesting conversation with M yesterday.

Some of his favourite music is Aussie alt/indie rock, and one of the songs he is realy into at the moment is British India's "I Can Make You Love Me". Good beat, good sound. We watched the filmclip last night.

In the clip, the protagonist embarks on fairly self-destructive behaviour (smoking, drinking, fights, etc) and I provided M with an editorialised running commentary about wha was going on. The end of the clip showed the protagonist in a fight over the girl he loved. I commented that fighting was naughty and we shouldn't fight with people if we can help it.

M sat quietly after watching it, thinking. Then he said in a sad, soft voice "Push [friend from daycare]". See, M has been going through a phase where he is possessive and pushes other kids. We have been working with the daycare to help get him out of it, but it's slow going. "Push [Friend]", he said again.
"Did you push Friend?"
M nodded. "Push Friend" (he kinda got stuck in a loop here.)
"Why did you push Friend?"
"My bike"
"We have to share bikes and toys when playing with other kids, don't we?"
M nodded again. "Oma and Cousin."
"Yes, you need to share when you're at Oma's house playing with Cousin too, don't you?"
More nods. "Push Friend"
"Did you say sorry to Friend when you pushed him?"
"Yes"
"Then don't worry about it now. But can you try really really hard tomorrow to NOT push people?"
More nods and a cuddle. "Yes"

Quite clearly he knows that pushing people is not nice. In fact, he has interupted his teacher to finish her sentence when saying: "Don't push. Pushing people isn't - " "Nice." He knows. But I think he needed to see what it looks like from the outside to see how really not-nice pushing, shoving and fighting is. He's impulsive, but he is a good kid, and he thinks a lot. I hope the filmclip makes headroads where we've been having trouble getting through to him.

I guess I'll find out tonight.
re: Planting an Appleseed (karma: 3)
On Fri Apr 10, 2015 05:49 AM
After getting dressed the other morning, M planted his feet proudly, hands in his hoodie pockets and declared "Me Doctor Who!"*

Parenting: I'm doing it geeky (right)!

* Note: we don't actually let him watch it - far too scary for a 2-y-o, but he sees the promos for it right before he goes to bed, loves the music, and it's caught his imagination. And if he can be anything he wants to be, why not the Doctor?
On Tue Apr 28, 2015 06:57 AM
Welcome to the House of Plague.

The last few weeks I've been sick as the proverbial dog, and ennui has set in. I can't settle to do anything - read, crochet, spin, nothing. I spend my evenings in a glazed stupor staring at my tablet, willing it to entertain me. Quite frankly, though, as soon as I get stuck into anything after M is asleep it's time to get the cat off my lap, run to the bathroom and hurl. Damn morning sickness (morning, my arse!). I will be so glad when it's over - fingers crossed it's only another couple of weeks. I've been put on anti-nausea meds to keep me mostly functional.

N has the usual seasonal bug that comes from being exposed to kids in a school setting.

And on top of all of that, M has had wicked gastro for days and under doctors orders is on a jellybean, icypole and Gastrolyte liquid diet. The hardships for the poor kid, being forced to eat nothing but jellybeans and icypoles!

He's actually been really good with the whole restricted diet thing. You may not be able to reason with a toddler, but I think somewhere deep down he knows stuff. And he is too good with Doctors Orders: This morning he snaffled a chocolate egg while my back was turned, and gleefully unwrapped it. "Uh-uh, Doctor said no chocolate, remember?" I reminded him. And so he wrapped it back up and put it on the table. No joke, no hyperbole, no exaggeration, this kid is the only 2-y-o I know who will willingly so something like that. (Doctors Orders are also good for getting him to nap: "Doctor said you need to nap so you get better.")

(Mind you, he seems to be obsessed with The Doctor. If given his own way, he will only listen to Doctor Who music - specifically the opening/closing credits theme - and loves playing with a little squishy TARDIS and Dalek, so if The Doctor says something is advisable, it Must Be Done.)

We made a bold attempt to get something solid into him today: a dry cracker at lunchtime and a little bit of rice at dinnertime. He must be hungry: he wolfed down probably half the rice before saying he was done. Time will tell whether it was a success or not...
On Sun May 10, 2015 06:41 AM
Happy Mother's Day to all ye moms (you know who you are).

Mother's Day this year was kinda sucky.

Over breakfast, N got a text saying he had a rehearsal at noon, so there went our plans out the window. And out of nowhere, I started and just couldn't stop crying. Apparently the first Mother's Day after a loss is pretty damn hard to bear, even if you thought you were dealing well with what Life had thrown at you.

Rampant hormones + the empty space where a child should have been = one sucky sucky day.

Oh, and I wanted waffles for breakfast, and was overruled by a small boy.

M has pretty much moved upstairs to is new bedroom. We still need to move his stuff (and take the opportunity to sort out his clothes), but he's spent close to a week sleeping upstairs in the Big Boy Bedroom all by himself. When did my boy get so independent? It's weird walking past the empty bedroom next to ours he's occupied forever. (Now if only he would let himself actually sleep instead of forcing himself to stay awake!!)
On Mon May 18, 2015 05:09 AM
My boy is sick again. I actually suspect it's one of his molars giving him grief, as he suddenly sprouted one after the horrendousness that was his last bout of illness. You know something is very wrong when he won't eat and cries to go to bed early! My poor boy.

And in other, much more newsworthy news, I can officially announce I've got a bun in the oven. I've been holding my breath and waiting until I had my 12 week scan, just in case, but all is well. Everything is spot on and wonderfully healthy and normal, and all the risk factors are terribly low, which is a huge relief after last time. I've had cravings this time round, which I never did with the other pregnancies: tomato sauce and crisp sandwiches; ice cream like crazy the stereotypical stuff. I would kill to get rid of the nausea and vomiting, though - I wasn't anywhere near this sick with either M or the mole, but I have to keep thinking that being so sick means that the pregnancy is going well.

N is thrilled. He's been even more reluctant than I am to really get attached to the pregnancy, but when he saw the tiny heartbeat on the screen... I think he melted. He missed the 12 week scan with M (and the last one doesn't count), so it was wonderful to have him there to see this one.

This Christmas is going to be full of babies. SiL-J is due in September. SiL-C is also pregnant, and due about a week before me, in November. I don't know if either of them know about us yet - we've kept it very quiet because, you know, last time - and I do wonder if SiL-C will be miffed when she finds out. It's her first (second for J), and there is Major Family Dramz around her, so will we be seen as stealing her thunder? Eh, not my circus, not my monkeys.

Not sure when I will tell work, yet. I think I will try and hide it for a bit longer (thank you winter weather, cardigans and scarves!), but I'll need to meet with my bosses and HR eventually to work out a plan for mat leave. Ideally I want to take 12 months again, but can we afford to live of half of a part-time pay? Decisions, decisions...
By Nyssasisticmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3643, member since Sat Sep 20, 2003
On Tue May 19, 2015 07:40 PM
!!!! Congratulations! I'm so glad you've been able to breathe a sigh of relief.
Sorry M's been so cranky; darn teeth.
I wouldn't worry so much about taking away anyone's thunder; approach it more like you'll be pregnancy buddies. Christmas is going to be CRAZY for ya'll!
On Tue May 19, 2015 09:07 PM
EEEE ! Congratulations!!!! I am so excited for you!

Also, I think I learned "Not my circus, not my monkeys" from you a while back and it is my favourite phrase!
On Tue May 19, 2015 11:04 PM
Edited by Caffeine (183827) on 2015-05-19 23:11:50 Gah!
:D Thanks girls!

I want to be 'belly-buddies' with C, but because of the Dramz I just don't know how she'll take it. I'm actually a bit reluctant to tell people IRL, to tell the truth (and am playing a game with myself to see how long I can keep it off FB). It wouldn't surprise me if MiL has already told C and J, but they haven't said anything because we haven't initiated anything. Given that M was early, it will actually be interesting to see whose baby comes first!

The main thing is it's obscenely healthy right now. And it's been two days and counting since I've been sick!

(And M did cut another molar on Monday night. Two more to go, then we're home free until he's 6ish!)

(Although I just found out M was just sent home from daycare early because he has a rash and there are confirmed cases of hand, foot and mouth in the centre. Apparently it's possible to get it more than once, so we need a doctors clearance before he is allowed back! Joy.)
On Thu May 28, 2015 12:24 AM
So the girls at dancing know. We were reviewing some footage of a recent performance, when K turned to me and said:

"Don't take it the wrong way, and you can hit me if I'm wrong, but... are you pregnant?"

So either I look fat or it's more obvious than I planned and my attempts to disguise aren't working. (One of the guys at work helped me with some heavy boxes, too. Either he's nice or Concealment is Futile.)

K was actually somebody to whom I was concerned how to break the news, as she and her husband have been battling IVF, but having her broach the subject made it a lot easier.

Aside from the bone-crushing fatigue (not helped by surviving on 5 hours sleep a night plus a job and toddler that take all of my energy), I think - I hope - I might be starting to get to the good bit. Marginally less sick, at any rate. Now if only I could stop falling asleep at inappropriate times (such as on the train), I'll be golden. At this point with M I was sleeping on the sofa for an hour each night before going to bed - who's got time for sleep these days?!

(And a follow-up of M's spots: just a post viral rash. His room leader wasn't concerned, but one of her minions decided to send him home while she was on her break. Room Leader was not happy about it. On one hand it's great they're proactive about keeping the centre illness-free, but on the other hand they shouldn't have gone behind her back if she thought he was OK.)
On Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:58 AM
There must be a full moon. Why else would my child turn from a well-behaved happy boy into a screaming ball of furious screams once the sun sets? Why else would he want to run out naked into the (freezing) moonlit backyard?

Lunacy.

Or, typical two and a half year old stuff.

Either way, madness reigns supreme at our house.

I've been feeling this baby move today. 14 weeks is relative early, but those little flutters are unmistakeable. <3
On Tue Jun 02, 2015 01:55 AM
Totally a Full Moon (all my teacher mates are posting on FB, as did I, we don't need to look out the window :D )
On Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:50 AM
Oooh, I would like to hear stories! :D

I told C yesterday. Over the phone, but we simply haven't had a chance to get together in person in the past few weeks. She positively squealed with delight. :) It's quite possible we'll be each others birthing partners via phone from our respective labour wards.

So that's all of the immediate family told. I'll be breaking the news to my extended family tomorrow through a strategically placed t-shirt announcing somebody is going to be a big bro.

I had my OB appt yesterday, too. All perfectly normal and healthy, and another scanpic for the album. M saw the scan pic on the table and asked when it was. He's seen ultrasound images of himself, so his initial thought was that it was a photo of himself. But "No, that's either a brother or a sister for you. Mummy has a baby growing in her tummy."

He hopped off my lap and raced through the house waving the picture. "Dad! Mummy has a baby in her tummy!" <3

M is convinced it'll be a sister (although whether he really comprehends what that means is anybody's guess). We shall see in another 25 weeks or so...
On Sat Jun 06, 2015 04:53 AM
Oh please post a photo of that shirt!

The highlight of my full moon THIS month was telling a student he isn't allowed to pull his friend's underpants over his head in class. They are both 17. It was a pretty tame full moon actually.
On Sun Jun 07, 2015 04:40 AM
Image hotlink - 'http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/aragwinity/Marcus/070615_bigbro_zpsem9gdfgr.jpg'

"Outing" ourselves to family via the t-shirt went very well. It was the perfect way to break the news without actually making a huge announcement, and I could talk to people one-on-one about it at leisure.

And M had a ball today, too. It was my Grandma's 90th, so all of that side of the family who were able to be in the country were there: Aunties and Uncles I haven't seen for years, cousins M's barely met, and of course The Usual Suspects. Really good to catch up with everyone, and M was positively golden: quiet (enough), well-behaved, played nicely with kids and grownups alike and generally charmed everybody.

A good day.

Now I have a ton of photos to edit, put onto a disc and decide which are going to be blown up for Grandma's wall.
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 34891, member since Wed May 22, 2002
On Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:56 AM
(Although I just found out M was just sent home from daycare early because he has a rash and there are confirmed cases of hand, foot and mouth in the centre. Apparently it's possible to get it more than once, so we need a doctors clearance before he is allowed back! Joy.)

The elementary school James goes to shipped him home this year because "he's got impetigo". I was like "Uh...no he doesn't. Send him back to class." Nope, he had to leave. I was ripped - I got him in to the doctor that same day (which is no small trick), and the doctor asked me why they were there. I jabbed a finger at James' lip, and went "They said that's impetigo." She started laughing.

I complained on facebook, and my sister who is a nurse went on an equal rant, about how I would be equally mad if another kid had impetigo, and they'd let him stay. I was like "Ok, listen. It's not my first time. I wouldn't have sent him to school with impetigo. I know what it looks like. I also know that James gets cold sores 4 times a year, and it was time for one of them." It's old hat - he doesn't go to the doctor cause he needs diagnosed with cold sores, he goes cause he's got to prove to the school that he's safe to be there. It's getting to be quite the expensive hobby. :/

And there is medicine you can give kids for that stuff, but James breaks out 4 times a year, and they want at least 6 break outs, and he'd literally have to be on it the rest of his life. So, if we can smear on some blistex and ride it out, it seems like the smart thing.

tl;dr - schools get stupid about that kind of stuff, I feel your pain. ;)
On Mon Jun 22, 2015 04:10 AM
^ Thanks, T :) I'm glad they take every illness or suspected illness seriously (especially as we've got an epidemic of measles and whooping cough at the moment), but I'd always rather it wasn't MY kid sent home! Hope your school has been a bit more reasonable over James' cold sores these days :)

===

Cuteness of the day: First thing in the morning, M is snuggling with me in the big bed (because it's freaking cold out there!). He leans in and says, "I love my mummy". Pause. "I love my daddy, too. And Marcus. And baby."
"What baby?" I ask.
"The baby in mummy's tummy. I have a look at the baby?"
"You can't see the baby, it's inside."
"No, no, I see," he declares, with his eyeball to my bellybutton. "There's an eye!"

(I know I have a herniated bellybutton, but it's not THAT deep!)

<3

Also, while getting dressed, he tears off, declaiming: "I say NO! to pants!"
Page:
Page 20 of 221 2 3 4 5 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

ReplySendWatch