Forum: Competitions

Our first competition of the year...
By lmtdance
On Mon Mar 05, 2012 03:33 PM

For those of you who remember and helped with my tap shoe situation, I just need to brag a little. If you recall, the tap shoes I was looking for were for my 8 year old dancing daughter and her first competition solo. At our first competition of the year, she won Platinum First Place and 2nd Overall Mini/Petite Solos. She also got a special award for Outstanding Costume in Mini/Petite Solos. Her sounds were beautiful (thank you for suggesting full soled shoes. You were completely right!) One of the judges wrote in all caps POTENTIAL!!!!! She cried backstage before she went on because she was so nervous and was diagnosed with Strep the day before she competed! What a trooper! I am so unbelievably proud of her and wanted to thank all of you for your suggestions on tap shoes and on tapping in general. And I wanted to brag a little as well!!!

Our oldest daughter also won Platinum 2nd place for her Lyrical solo and won 2nd Overall! It was a great weekend in our house!

6 Replies to Our first competition of the year...

re: Our first competition of the year...
By Triskitmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Mar 05, 2012 05:04 PM
Congrats to your daughters
By terpsidance
On Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:13 PM
Way to go dancers!
By missliz404
On Wed Mar 07, 2012 03:35 PM
That's awesome! Congrats to your girls!
By EllyneB
On Wed Mar 07, 2012 08:34 PM
Congratulations to you and your girls! What an exciting weekend for your family.
By mherman0411
On Tue Mar 20, 2012 09:38 PM
Congratulations :) I love seeing my little ones win!

Comment #9896691 deleted
Removed by hummingbird (128773) on 2012-03-20 22:44:04 Ooops, double post

ReplySendWatch