Forum: General / Tap / Tap Photos - Members

Tap Photos - Members
New shoes! (Miller and Ben) (karma: 2)
By majeremember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5889, member since Sat Sep 29, 2007
On Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:26 PM

I got my new tap shoes yesterday. I'm so excited and they sound amazing.

8 Replies to New shoes! (Miller and Ben)

re: New shoes! (Miller and Ben)
By tappingitout Comments: 223, member since Thu Oct 16, 2008
On Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:29 PM
LOVE! Are those the "New Show Girl" Model. I am planning to get those for my next pair in the bright yellow and gold. Every time I see them I think they look so cheerful.
By majeremember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5889, member since Sat Sep 29, 2007
On Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:21 AM

They are actually the "La Coquette." The "New Show Girl" has a lower heel and laces, not a buckle. They are pretty spiffy looking as well. I chose the "La Coquette" because I wanted a buckle.

I was very worried that they wouldn't fit. I went through some turmoil picking the size. Ended up getting the 6 1/4. Side note, I showed them to my boss and she was like "you have tiny feet."
By imadanseurPremium member Comments: 16604, member since Thu Dec 04, 2003
On Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:57 AM
They are soooo cute. I can't wait to get my custom shoes.
By TheCoachmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2532, member since Thu Sep 26, 2002
On Sat Mar 10, 2012 04:47 PM
I like the design of those they are like tap shoes slash ballroom shoes.

Coach
By KaydeeJayde Comments: 190, member since Thu Jul 21, 2011
On Sun Mar 11, 2012 05:08 AM
They're BEAUTIFUL! I can't wait to be able to afford some of these <3 Are they comfortable?
On Sun Mar 11, 2012 06:44 AM
KaydeeJayde wrote:

They're BEAUTIFUL! I can't wait to be able to afford some of these <3 Are they comfortable?

Like any pair of character heels they will take some time to get used to. The day I taught tap for thirty minutes then ballet for an hour then tap for thirty minutes they were fine. They day I taught for two hours but ended up wearing them for three, it started to hurt. But, after a while I am sure they will be just fine. It's just a part of wearing heels.
By imadanseurPremium member Comments: 16604, member since Thu Dec 04, 2003
On Fri Mar 22, 2013 03:01 AM
So after a year, how have you liked these shoes??
On Fri Mar 22, 2013 05:25 PM
imadanseur wrote:

So after a year, how have you liked these shoes??

I still love them. They are much sturdier than other character shoes I've worn. I haven't gotten to tap as much as I would have liked to this past year (hopefully that will change soon!) - but I still love them.

The only wonky thing is how the strap to the buckle rubs on my foot.

ReplySendWatch