Forum: Arts / Diaries

Page:
Page 1 of 2: 1 2
Life is tough, but I'm tougher.
By Wicked_Elphabamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Mar 12, 2012 07:48 PM

For those of you who follow me on facebook, I had surgery to remove an ovarian cyst/see if my endo came back. It has. :( Photos in a spoiler below.

Warning: THESE PHOTOS ARE FROM MY SURGERY, YOU CAN SEE BLOOD/MY CYSTS/MY OVARIES IN THEM. You have been warned.

Spoiler: Show
Image hotlink - 'http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m611/Ballerina_Amy911/006.jpg'
Image hotlink - 'http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m611/Ballerina_Amy911/007.jpg'
Image hotlink - 'http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m611/Ballerina_Amy911/008.jpg'
Image hotlink - 'http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m611/Ballerina_Amy911/010.jpg'

All the photos above are my cysts. My ovaries were roughly the size of those little "cuties" tangerines. Normally ovaries are walnut sized. Mine were 3x the normal size.

So, my doctor put me on the ultra low dose birth control pill. We'll see how that works. Hopefully it does.

When we came home, I cried. I've been crying off and on all day. I'm just tired of all this.

Unfortunately, my doctor did say it can, and most likely will return, but to see if the birth controls works. But, most importantly, to see if it works with my body. He also said that I am one of the worst cases he's EVER seen in someone my age. Go big or go home, I guess. LOL

28 Replies to Life is tough, but I'm tougher.

re: Life is tough, but I'm tougher.
By hyehokismember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:59 PM
:( Sorry you are having a rough time. I am pretty sure with all the medical advancements, there is something they can do for you. I cant wait for an update!!

Po
On Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:21 AM
I'm off from work today! Thank goodness! I have a busy day today! I'm waiting for my eggs to cool so I can finish my ham salad I'm making, then I have to go pick up my tips from both stores I worked at last week (my manager loaned me out to another Starbucks, lol), go get a wax and then on the way home, get chocolate chips so I can my hubby cookies. :)

I absolutely LOVE being a wife! It makes me feel good to make dinner, have a clean home and do other wifely duties. :)

I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow for my skin to see if we can get it cleared up. Yay, I want to go on humira because nothing else is working. :( So, we'll see.
By colleeflower28
On Mon Apr 09, 2012 01:03 PM
Dancing_EMT wrote:

I'm waiting for my eggs to cool

Ok so given the topic of ovaries and everything I totally thought you were talking about your eggs and was quite curious how/why there were cooling and then totally shocked to see the mention of salad!

Hope youre feeling alright!
By UberGoobermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Apr 09, 2012 01:34 PM
^I thought the same thing. Like why would Dancing_EMT want to freeze her eggs....I know she doesn't ever want kids....lol!
On Mon Apr 09, 2012 01:54 PM
UberGoober wrote:

^I thought the same thing. Like why would Dancing_EMT want to freeze her eggs....I know she doesn't ever want kids....lol!

LOL, my eggs will die with me. Plus, I can't carry a child, I no longer have my uterus. ;) Not to mention, with the GYN issues I have/had, it's very likely I was infertile to begin with. Even if I could get pregnant and wanted to, we would not have a biological child. I'd never forgive myself if an innocent child ended up with some of the issues I had.

Anywho....Ham salad turned out REALLY yummy. Well, I am off to my waxing appointment and get the stuff to make cookies. Bye everyone!
On Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:03 AM
I have no idea what to do today. I know I need cat food, I also need some pants for work.

My best friend is pregnant! I'm genuinely happy for her, this child is a very much wanted child for her and her husband and I know they will be awesome parents. So, I'll probably go to the fabric store to look at fleece so I can make her a baby blanket. I'm going to send her the maternity pants I was wearing while recovering from my surgery, I really don't need them anymore, so why not pass them along to someone who can use them? So, while I'm at the thrift store, I'm going to look at baby stuff for her. I was talking to her this morning and she was shocked at some of the things you can find at thrift stores, I've seen baby clothes with tags still on them!

Well, I think I'm going to do my job as a wife and make my hubby cookies. :D
On Thu Apr 26, 2012 09:19 AM
Edited by Dancing_EMT (115664) on 2012-04-26 10:36:06
My entire world came crashing down yesterday. :C www.dance.net . . .

I now don't really have family left. This totally came out of the blue, NO ONE would have EVER thought this would happen. Trevor let me curl up on him so I'd sleep. Our dog and cat haven't really left my side. I'm just devastated, I don't know what I'll do.
By Tansey
On Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:21 AM
My condolences, Amy. It always hurts to lose people we love, but it seems so much harder in a senseless tragedy. Sending hugs.
By Krystalmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:31 AM
I'm so sorry, Amy. I figured I'd write in here since Trevor said he won't get back online. I'm sending hugs your way, wish there was something I could do.
By Coccinellamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:57 AM
My thoughts are with you right now, Amy. I have had a family member pass away in a similar fashion so please feel free to PM me to talk if you so feel the need.

Take care of yourself.
By PinUpGirlmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:15 AM
I know we don't always see eye to eye, but I wanted to express my condolences. It's never easy to lose someone unexpectedly, especially if it's violent. You're in my thoughts.
By UberGoobermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:27 PM
Amy, my thoughts are with you right now. I can't even begin to imagine, nor would I want to. Hang tight to Trevor and peace be with your family.
By DefyingGravityPremium member
On Thu Apr 26, 2012 01:24 PM
I saw on your facebook. Amy, I am so, so sorry for your loss. I know nothing I or anyone else says will make it all better, but I hope you know what dance.net is behind you, supporting you, through this hard time.
By CaffeinePremium member
On Thu Apr 26, 2012 05:12 PM
I'm so very, very sorry for your loss, Amy. You and Trevor are both in my thoughts. *hug*
By lux
On Thu Apr 26, 2012 05:43 PM
I'm so sorry, Amy. You're in my thoughts.
By DeStijlmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Apr 26, 2012 08:42 PM
Thinking of you at this time Amy. Stay strong.
By LoriCook
On Fri Apr 27, 2012 01:18 AM
So very sorry this happened. Sending you hugs and hoping you can feel the warmth from your friends here. You will be in my thoughts.
re: Life is tough, but I'm tougher. (karma: 1)
By toroandbruinmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Apr 27, 2012 07:56 AM
I'm so sorry. In a situation like this it's so frustrating not to have a door through time where you can go running back and say, "Wait, wait -- there are things I need to say....!" But of course that's not possible. And if you could it probably wouldn't change things. Life is not fair.

Hugs.
On Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:24 AM
Thank you everyone for your kind words, it has helped ease the pain a little. I worked today, I had a break down on my break (which I expected), one of the shifts who I am friendly with followed me into the back, gave me a hug and said that he had to hand it to me for keeping my composure for as long as I did. I guess that's my EMS training, you remain calm under stressful situations.

I'm about to start on my cake pops, I have the batter made, just need to melt the chocolate.

Still no words on the services, but we probably will be going down.

It's really starting to hit that I'll never see, hug or talk to them ever again. This sucks.

On the other hand, we are doing everything in our power to ensure their child (4 y/o, I call her my sister) is cared for.
By schuhplattlerPremium member
On Sat Apr 28, 2012 05:45 AM
This poem, entitled “Motele”, was left behind by a child who perished in the Warsaw Ghetto when it was used as a death camp.

From tomorrow on, I shall be sad---
From tomorrow on!
not today. What is the use of sadness---tell me that?---
Because these evil winds begin to blow?
Why should I grieve for tomorrow---today?
Tomorrow may be so good, so sunny,
Tomorrow the sun may shine for us again:
We shall no longer need to be sad.
From tomorrow on, I shall be sad---
From tomorrow on!
Not today: no! Today I will be glad.
And every day, no matter how bitter it be,
I will say:
From tomorrow on, I shall be sad,
Not today!
re: Life is tough, but I'm tougher. (karma: 1)
On Mon Apr 30, 2012 07:04 PM
Edited by Dancing_EMT (115664) on 2012-04-30 19:07:25
Thank you everyone. I'm feeling a little better today. My husband and I shared a good cry last night, it felt good to let it out. No where near done, but better.

The song I walked down the aisle to came on my ipod today, I started sobbing. My adoptive dad was the one who walked me down the aisle.

Image hotlink - 'http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm23/pondfly/Trevor%20and%20Amy%20Wedding%20Photos/IMG_3432.jpg'

I've forgiven him for taking my mother and himself away from me. It was very hard, but I know there was a reason why God took them from us, with time, I will see the reason. It sucks, but someday, I will be at peace about it.
On Thu May 03, 2012 06:05 PM
Hubby had an interview this morning! It looks very promising! We're really hoping he gets it because he'll have a normal schedule and he'll be home weekends. :)

I did do something that brightened my day today! I made my shirt for 80's day, I am so excited for 80's day at work. I'll be rocking my side ponytail and neon green leg warmers over my grey leggings. I also got a really tacky and hideous necklace and some neon jelly bracelets.
On Fri May 18, 2012 08:54 PM
Wow! What a day! One of my friends graduated basic training, so we went down to see him graduate, we then went to lunch with him and his family, we had a lovely time! We then decided to start heading back towards home, as we had errands to run, plus, I'm sure they wanted family time. We then went to Cabela's, I found a holster that will fit both my firearms for when I carry concealed. :D Then we went to Wal-Mart, Trevor needed allergy meds, we then killed some time in downtown Austin, then headed home to drop the dog off quickly and then we went to Target, Petsmar and then dinner. It was yummy, we're now home for the night and plan on sleeping in tomorrow. LOL. We're both exhausted, we left our house at 0530 today! Like I said, we had a long day!
Page:
Page 1 of 2: 1 2

ReplySendWatch