Forum: Ballet / Pointe - Beginners

Starting Pointe Next Week :) !!!
By MzLucyLou
On Tue Mar 13, 2012 06:10 AM

Yay! I am finally doing pointe! I started ballet when I was 13. And now after about a year and a half of dancing I am going on pointe! YAY I am very excited. Any advice? hehehehehehehe YAY Thanks.

6 Replies to Starting Pointe Next Week :) !!!

re: Starting Pointe Next Week :) !!!
By Martha_Cecillemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Mar 13, 2012 04:36 PM
Ha, congrats!
I hope you have/had a great fitting and that you'll have a great first pointe class.

Any tip? mmh, don't do a pirouette at the first class...my butt really hurt :P
By Emthedancer
On Tue Mar 13, 2012 05:32 PM
Congrats! You will want to ask your teacher what you are allowed to wear for padding because my teacher only allows lambs wool and personally thats better because then you can really feel the floor and you don't sit in the box of the shoe.Questions?
By CYBDancer
On Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:21 PM
Congrats!! I started pointe a few months ago. When you are first starting out it is going to seem soooo boring, you may not even get over your box. But have faith, it gets soooo fun! Happy dancing!
By MzLucyLou
On Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:04 PM
I got my shoes but it hurts in one foot. They fit well but yeah they hurt a little. Is it because I haven't broken into them or because i have weak ankles/toes? or is it just meant to hurt.
By sassamember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Mar 20, 2012 05:57 AM
Well, I'd say it depends on where you feel the pain and how you feel it.. There are hundreds of different kinds of pain so it's hard to answer without further information..

Maybe you could give a bit more input on where exactly you feel the pain and maybe you can try to explain it? Is it e.g muscular or around the bones somewhere or a question of streching?!

BUT, next to all leads you can get online, you should definetly talk to your teacher, just to be sure that everything is ok.. Because in the end nobody on the board can have a direkt look....
By pointeprincessSDmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Mar 20, 2012 01:47 PM
Congrats! Take it easy at first, and be safe! :) Good luck!

ReplySendWatch