Forum: Ballet / Advanced & Professional Ballet

Advanced & Professional Ballet
How to schedule rehearsals around the dancers' day jobs?
By JigEnPointemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 855, member since Mon Jan 23, 2012
On Fri Mar 16, 2012 04:21 PM

So I'm starting what could be called a semi-pro ballet company in my area. I currently have about 8 dancers, including myself (some pro and some pre-pro), and I'm finding it hard to schedule a rehearsal when nobody is busy with work/religious responsibilities (as I'm in a religious country) and the buses are running so everyone can actually get to the rehearsal. What it boils down to is that nobody is willing to compromise and I can't find a day and time that work for everyone. What on Earth am I supposed to do in this situation? I would normally just say "If you aren't willing to make sacrifices and commit, then you don't need to be in the group," but in my current country, ballet is unfortunately NOT a big thing, and it's hard to find dancers who have even done pointe before, let alone who are good at it. I don't want to drive the dancers who I DO have away.

Any ideas on how I could handle this issue? I'm starting to get frazzled, which is not good.

ReplySendWatch