Forum: Advice / Beauty - Makeovers

Beauty - Makeovers
Stay short or grow it longer??!
By Shhaan_Dmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1159, member since Wed Mar 03, 2004
On Tue Mar 20, 2012 09:01 PM

Hey All

My friend(blonde one in picture) says go back to long hair like 2nd and 3rd picture
but others say stay short like 1st picture which was taken last month!

Just want some opinions please :)

So short or grow it :)

Shannon

8 Replies to Stay short or grow it longer??!

re: Stay short or grow it longer??!
By ChristinePremium member Comments: 6819, member since Wed Feb 04, 2009
On Wed Mar 21, 2012 08:45 AM
You have such pretty eyes. I think the shorter cut draws attention to the sparkle in them where the longer draws the eye away.

Having said that...I love long hair...so, do what feels best.

You're young and beautiful...the choice is really yours.

xoxo

Keep On Dancing*
By LlamaLlamaDuckmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7765, member since Sun Nov 21, 2004
On Wed Mar 21, 2012 08:49 AM
I like the general shape of the longer cut better on you with the shorter length? Does that make any sense at all? I find your bangs/fringe a little too heavy for you. I like the hair off your face a bit more.

I think when you have a rounder face (I know I have one too) it's a bit harder. I find that the short draws attention to your eyes, but the longer flatters your face shape more.
By Gioiamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3024, member since Sun Jun 20, 2004
On Wed Mar 21, 2012 08:37 PM
In general I don't think your hair should cut off at the largest part of your face. For some of us that is our cheeks, others it is a slight double chin, and for some it is at both places. So whether you go short or long, I would make sure that you don't have any layers (or bangs) hitting right at your cheeks. I have a face shape similar to yours, with big cheeks and if I have layers at my cheeks it makes my face look big. Same with the overall length of your hair. If you like it best short, I think it would look best if it was just below your chin. Neither of your haircuts looks bad, so now it is just mostly personal preference and then tweaking it a bit to suit your face!
By Shhaan_Dmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1159, member since Wed Mar 03, 2004
On Wed Mar 21, 2012 08:40 PM
^^ My hair at the moment is in between both these!

It doesnt cut off at my cheeks though? but does at my chin - also depends on what style i wear it in and what way i straighten it!

Thanks for your opinions though :)

I have bought some extensions to see if I could get used to long hair again!

Fingers crossed!

xxx
By UberGoobermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 6414, member since Sat May 15, 2004
On Wed Mar 21, 2012 08:45 PM
Love the cut in the second picture!!! I think hooray has good advice though. The short haircut is cute, maybe go for in between and add just like 2 inches? Long vs. short hair is hard! i have long hair now, but had hair even shorter than yours for awhile. My hair dresser wanted me to go short again, but I was like, helllll to the no. For me, short hair is way harder to style (I live in a very humid climate and my hair is fine and gets out of control. Longer hair weights it down and makes it more manageable!)
By primaballerine Comments: 201, member since Thu Apr 09, 2009
On Fri Mar 23, 2012 05:10 PM
The length of the second picture, but without the bangs.. I think that would look great on you!
By TheatreDanceNerd Comments: 128, member since Mon Mar 26, 2012
On Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:05 PM
I like the longer. It suits you quite well. But I don't think you should go too much longer than the 2nd picture, because that style suits you quite well, and any longer might not look as good. You just need to find the exact right length for you...not too long, not too short. :)
By HardestWorker Comments: 1075, member since Sun Apr 25, 2004
On Fri Apr 20, 2012 04:50 AM
I think a little longer. I liked the second picture!

ReplySendWatch