Forum: Advice / GLBT PG-13

GLBT PG-13
She wants me to spend the night...
By lvm_dancer Comments: 206, member since Mon Nov 12, 2007
On Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:12 PM

So my friend and I have been planning to do something this weekend. She just asked if I wanted to spend the night. The issue is that I sort of have a crush on her (and she knows it) and I'm not sure actually want to spend the night by myself with her... Well I do want to I'm just not sure if it's the best idea. Also, if there aren't other people there I'm not sure my mom will even let me go because I just came out to my mom (yesterday) and told her I liked this girl... I dunno. Despite the awkwardness of it I said, "so who else is going to be at the marathon" and she said no one becuse none of her other friends like the show. She said she's going to make lasgna and asked if there was anything I didn't like that she shouldn't put into it... I just don't want to go anymore, but at the same time I do.

What should I do? How can I get out of this?

1 Replies to She wants me to spend the night...

re: She wants me to spend the night...
By PureTapPremium member Comments: 1082, member since Sat Jul 12, 2008
On Wed Mar 21, 2012 03:30 AM
Okay, I'm not really gay or bi, but my perspective is - how would you react if this was an invite from a straight male? I'm thinking that if it was a 'him' asking, I'd guess you'd probably say no and that he's moving too fast. Treat it the same way - thank her for her invite, go to the dinner, but just let her know that it's too soon to go the extra step, yet. Chances are, she'd be less disappointed than if you got there and backed out half way through the night because you were freaking out.

My biggest piece of advice to anyone, regardless of gender or orientation, is never have sex if there is any doubt that you should be doing it - you are not ready yet. Take it once step at a time.

Cheers
Di

ReplySendWatch