Artistic Director
By BCSTXPremium member
Posted On Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:09 PM
Ballet Conservatory of South Texas
San Antonio, TX, United States

Deadline: Tue May 01, 2012
Audition Date: No audtion date
About Ballet Conservatory of South Texas
Educating the Future of Ballet The Academy The Ballet Conservatory of South Texas strives to meet the needs of students desiring preparation for a professional career in ballet. Offering comprehensive curriculum by professional and experienced instructors, the Academy at the Ballet Conservatory provides strong ballet training in a supportive and encouraging setting. Admission and placement is based on age, strength and physical development. The Conservatory Company Comprised of Apprentice, Junior and Senior levels, the Conservatory Company at the Ballet Conservatory of South Texas is tailored to offer the highest level of training along with numerous performance opportunities. Each season they present two performances to the public including a showcase, along with the Academy, at the close of the season. Conservatory Company members also take part in outreach programs including lecture demonstrations to under-served area schools and performances. In addition, collaborations with other non-profits and local arts organizations take place throughout the season. The Ballet Conservatory of South Texas (BCSTX) believes young people are the future of ballet, both as dancers and audiences. Ballet is an expressive art form that can inspire, educate and enrich the lives of those who experience it. Because of this, the BCSTX Conservatory Company offers a complimentary student performance each year to over 600 children selected from the most at-risk schools in San Antonio. There, they are able to witness, first-hand, a high quality ballet performance complete with costuming, props and scenery - a complete ballet presentation held within a local theater. In addition, at the time of the performance, the children are engaged in a question and answer period and are given the storyline of the ballet they are about view. This interaction allows the students to become fully engaged in the experience and learn all about the performance.

The Ballet Conservatory of South Texas is seeking a year round, full-time enthusiastic, creative, self starter to oversee the direction of our non-profit ballet school and pre-professional company located in a prime area of city. Great opportunity to guide the future of this 8 year old rapidly growing organization. Position reports directly to the Board of Directors and requires flexible hours during the week and weekends.

Duties:
• Oversee non-profit ballet school (creative movement level through pre-professional company) studio, faculty and staff
• Define Academy curriculum
• Oversee Outreach Program
• Recruit, train, and supervise faculty
• Teach ballet classes for Academy and Company and supervise bi-annual dancer evaluations
• Direct a minimum of two public performances per season and pursue collaborations with other non-
profits and performing arts organizations
• Plan, coordinate and oversee summer program
• Counsel students on summer workshop opportunities and provide career guidance
• Create and maintain an annual and performance budget
• Promote Academy and Company in the community and develop sustainable partnerships with other
arts organizations
• Assist with efforts to seek funding from foundations, corporations, and individual
supporters
Qualifications:
• Previous experience teaching ballet
• Experience as a dancer in a professional company
• Enthusiasm and a love for teaching and nurturing young dancers and emerging talent
• Must be a “team player” and work well with others
• Must relocate to dynamic, growing San Antonio area
Desired, but not required
• Experience running a ballet school or dance company
• Experience seeking funding for a non-profit organization

Send letter, resume, references and sample choreography (if applicable) by May 1, 2012 to:
The Ballet Conservatory of South Texas
Artistic Director Search Committee
5200 Broadway, San Antonio, TX 78209

1 Replies to Artistic Director

re: Artistic Director
By balletbybraille
On Sat Mar 24, 2012 03:46 AM
Edited by hummingbird (128773) on 2012-03-25 09:07:02 Edited at members request.
Dear Susan, I am interested in this position and will send my resume by email as well.Please look at my website dancewithflight.com for recent background. I am willing to relocate to your area I know I meet all the criteria you require. I look forward to make contact with you.

ReplySendWatch