Forum: Competitions

12 & Under/13 & Up Award Categories?
By mherman0411
On Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:16 AM

Our studio went to a new competition this weekend. We took three different age levels of teams(2 Petites dances average age 8, 2 Junior dances average age 11, 3 Teen dances average age 14). On the website, registration form, and on the programs they were all listed in the same age categories as I listed above. When it was time for awards they neglected those age categories and awards were given in categories 12 & Under & 13 and 13 & Up. This put our Petite team and Junior team against each other. We had done extensive research on their website and didn't know it was like this. They had enough participation to divide awards up into specific age categories. Is this common? What are your opinions?

1 Replies to 12 & Under/13 & Up Award Categories?

re: 12 & Under/13 & Up Award Categories?
By missliz404
On Mon Mar 26, 2012 05:58 AM
The only reason I can see a competition doing that is if there was low participation. I would actually prefer this over having my kids compete against themselves or just one other group. If you truly think there was enough entries, I would be very curious as to why they would combine. Why not call and ask?

ReplySendWatch