Popular Highland

Champion of Champions Australia by BabyBear
Anyone have results from champion of champion in Australia or a link to results?

Forum: Ballet / Pointe - General

Pointe - General
What kind of toe tape do you use? en>fr fr>en
By iv_loves_pointe Comments: 136, member since Mon Aug 01, 2011
On Sun Apr 01, 2012 05:55 PM

I've been trying a few kinds of tapes lately and I haven't been able to find one I like. I've been en pointe for 2 years and I used bunheads toe tape for quite a while, but it began sliding off and not what I wanted. A few weeks ago I tried nexcare absolute water proof tape and I got a new blister every time I wore that tape! D: So, please share what type of toe tape you use and why you like it. :)

Thanks!

5 Replies to What kind of toe tape do you use?

re: What kind of toe tape do you use? en>fr fr>en
By Serendipity42Premium member Comments: 1879, member since Sun Aug 16, 2009
On Sun Apr 01, 2012 06:33 PM
I use 3M Microfoam tape. It's the one that is considered the "Gaynor Minden Toe Tape" but I buy it much more cheaply by the box under the above-named brand.

Lately, I haven't had to use any tape so I'm pleased with that! :D
By Coccinellamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5880, member since Sat Jan 25, 2003
On Sun Apr 01, 2012 06:34 PM
You don't need to use fancy medical grade tape to prevent blisters. Hockey tape is an awesome alternative and is very flexible because it's made of fabric. It is also very sticky and has only ever slipped off after hours and hours of dancing when I was taking my shoes off.
By JigEnPointemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 816, member since Mon Jan 23, 2012
On Mon Apr 02, 2012 02:13 PM
I love Pointe Bleu but it's expensive (almost $10 for a roll!). It's just perfect... sticks to itself but not skin, and completely breathable, no matter how many layers you put on. Aside from that, I use the cheapy smiley face rolls you can get at Discount Dance Supply, but it's not breathable at all, though it also only sticks to itself and not skin.
By greenpumpkinmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2096, member since Thu Dec 20, 2007
On Tue Apr 03, 2012 05:54 AM
I buy cloth (not paper) medical tape from the drgustore. I like Johnson & Johnson tape. 3M Duropore is too sticky, and is generally too fussy.
By Dancergirl1997 Comments: 5, member since Mon Apr 09, 2012
On Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:14 PM
I use that stretchy sports tape! I also use paper tape and smiley face tape you can get on dicountdance.com!

ReplySendWatch