Forum: General / Jazz / Lyrical

Name of this move
By MissHill
On Mon Apr 02, 2012 04:26 PM

What is the name of the leap when you start on the ground, push up with your hand on the floor, and leap?

I've always called them "Knee Jetes" but in searching for them online, apparently no one else does.

4 Replies to Name of this move

re: Name of this move
By pointeprincessSDmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Apr 02, 2012 05:54 PM
My teacher, and many others I know, call them a "valdez". Whether this is the correct term or not, I don't know!
Welcome to Dance.net, by the way! :)
By AlwaysOnStagePremium member
On Sun Apr 15, 2012 06:50 PM
It doesn't have a technical name, because it's such a relatively new dance movement that the community hasn't had time to agree on a name. I haven't heard of "Knee jetes" or "Valdez" before, if that tells you anything. I've never used a name for them, it's always been taught as a combination move instead of a single movement. I.E. instead of being told to do a knee-jete, I have been told to put my right hand on the ground, shift my weight over it, and battement my legs to create the "leap" line.
By OverTheBridge
On Wed May 02, 2012 01:35 PM
I'm not sure, but I do know that it isn't a valdez. A valdez is a sort of walkover/cartwheel as seen here: www.youtube.com . . .
I hope you find the name soon! :)
By unninvitedgrace
On Sun May 20, 2012 08:59 PM
Ive never used a specific name for it. Just a leap from the floor or floor leap.

ReplySendWatch