Forum: Advice / Beauty - Makeovers

Beauty - Makeovers
I cut off a 23 inch braid of hair today!
By BeautifulMistakemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2426, member since Tue Feb 20, 2007
On Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:11 AM

I cut my hair today and ended up with a 23 inch braid!

I was soo nervous and anxious up until the end of my hair cut. lol Even in the middle my body felt like it was vibrating as I tried to sit still.

I LOVE my long hair but wanted to cut it for a few reasons. I originally was only going to go to chin length because that's what I had before I grew out my hair and I really enjoyed it (I just hate it when it's like an inch longer than chin until it's waist or so) but then my friend and I discussed cutting our hair really short at the same time so I randomly decided to. We've talked about it for a while and were going to do it next day but then two days ago we decided to do it today. Luckily we got back to back appointments at a salon so it worked out nicely.

I have NEVER had hair this short so it's really weird. I know I'll get tired of it sooner rather than later but my hair grows so fast I'm not concerned. My friend cuts hair so she's going to cut my hair as it grows out. I'm probably going to let it grow until I have enough to cut it to chin with layers then leave it at chin for a few months then I'm planning on growing it back down to my butt and keeping it there.

16 Replies to I cut off a 23 inch braid of hair today!

re: I cut off a 23 inch braid of hair today!
By DefyingGravityPremium member Comments: 5265, member since Sun Jan 19, 2003
On Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:38 AM
LOVE IT. I much prefer your hair short - it slims out your face, frames your jawline, and makes your cheekbones look higher. Keep it short!!
By celticprincessmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1076, member since Thu Aug 26, 2010
On Thu Apr 12, 2012 06:29 AM
Are you going to donate your hair?
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 34891, member since Wed May 22, 2002
On Thu Apr 12, 2012 07:06 AM
DefyingGravity wrote:

LOVE IT. I much prefer your hair short - it slims out your face, frames your jawline, and makes your cheekbones look higher. Keep it short!!

I agree! Short hair does alot for your face. Makes you look younger than the long hair does too. My vote is to keep it short! :) Of course, if you're anything like me back in the day, you cut it off and immediately go "So when this grows out, I'm gonna..." Haha, I used to drive my mom crazy doing that! :)
By Gioiamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3024, member since Sun Jun 20, 2004
On Thu Apr 12, 2012 07:17 AM
It looks REALLY nice on you! Props for being so brave, I cut about 8 inches off last month and I thought that was brave! My hair grows super fast too, it is both a blessing and a curse.
By BeautifulMistakemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2426, member since Tue Feb 20, 2007
On Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:40 PM
Edited by BeautifulMistake (174058) on 2012-04-12 12:42:29
Theresa wrote:

DefyingGravity wrote:

I agree! Short hair does alot for your face. Makes you look younger than the long hair does too. My vote is to keep it short! :) Of course, if you're anything like me back in the day, you cut it off and immediately go "So when this grows out, I'm gonna..." Haha, I used to drive my mom crazy doing that! :)

Well, part of the reasons my face looks so slim is because of the angle of the camera. I can make my face look that way with long hair too.

Personally, I love my long hair too much to stay short just because it looks better. Maybe later in life, but I LOVE long hair so I will be growing it out again after this. And even if I keep it short I definitely won't be keeping it this short. I have a feeling I will be hating this short hair in a few weeks.

celticprincess wrote:

Are you going to donate your hair?

My hair was coloured so I can't donate it.
By Krystalmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 8458, member since Tue Sep 02, 2003
On Thu Apr 12, 2012 03:44 PM
I love your new haircut! I donated a foot of hair last year and I thought that was a lot, but wow 23"! That's awesome.
re: I cut off a 23 inch braid of hair today! (karma: 1)
By Moonlitefairy06member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 7177, member since Fri Apr 16, 2004
On Thu Apr 12, 2012 05:04 PM
If I"m not mistaken you can donate colored hair, but not bleached hair. Look at a couple of different companies not just locks of love. Wigs for Kids has a pretty good reputation as does Pantene. I think the short hair looks really awesome too!
By Tansey Comments: 2367, member since Fri Mar 27, 2009
On Thu Apr 12, 2012 06:06 PM
^Locks of Love accepts colored and/or permed hair. Wigs for Kids does not accept colored hair. Pantene doesn't either, unless you have used vegetable dye or semi-permanent color.
www.locksoflove.org . . .
By LlamaLlamaDuckmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7765, member since Sun Nov 21, 2004
On Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:06 AM
I love the short hair on you! Though I'm a short hair person myself. I just find it more flattering on you and you look more youthful. I find the long hair drags you down and makes you look a bit frumpy.
On Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:42 AM
LlamaLlamaDuck wrote:

I love the short hair on you! Though I'm a short hair person myself. I just find it more flattering on you and you look more youthful. I find the long hair drags you down and makes you look a bit frumpy.

Actually, funny thing is that it's the opposite! lol The short hair makes me look older (though with the bow and stuff it helps make it more youthful or I find the cut and the styling that the stylist did made me look waaaaay too old) and the long hair makes me look youthful...when I do stuff with it. The day of the cut my hair looked horrible. But when I do something with it and it looks nice, the long hair makes me look really young.
By SarahdncrPremium member Comments: 635, member since Wed Jul 29, 2009
On Sat Apr 14, 2012 03:56 AM
Looks Great. I love my short hair. If you are an active person, long hair just gets in the way, and is a pain to maintain! It's just amazing how many older ladies I notice who have gone to short hair, its like the majority of them! I think they know something younger folks don't.
By lux Comments: 1178, member since Mon Jun 02, 2008
On Sat Apr 14, 2012 07:25 AM
Count me in for loving your hair short! My own hair grows super quickly, but i'm really lazy about visiting the hairdresser, so I'm constantly finding myself in the position of "ewwww my hair is digustingly long, get it off me!" (Can you tell I'm not keen on really long hair? Ha.) Your pixie cut is too adorable :)
On Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:27 AM
Sarahdncr wrote:

Looks Great. I love my short hair. If you are an active person, long hair just gets in the way, and is a pain to maintain! It's just amazing how many older ladies I notice who have gone to short hair, its like the majority of them! I think they know something younger folks don't.

lol My hair has never really gotten in the way before. Even when I'm really active. I throw it in a tight bun and leave it like that!

Kind of funny really...I cut my hair but for none of the reasons that everybody normally would! lol
By Paragonmimember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 51, member since Thu Apr 20, 2006
On Sat Apr 14, 2012 02:28 PM
Wow, I love the short hair! It's really cute and lovely!
By marym1 Comments: 20, member since Sun Sep 11, 2011
On Tue Apr 17, 2012 05:08 AM
your very brave i love the short hair on you really suites you its nice to have a change
By TheatreDanceNerd Comments: 128, member since Mon Mar 26, 2012
On Thu Apr 19, 2012 09:58 PM
Wow! Your hair looks great! Love the cut on you. :)

ReplySendWatch