Forum: General / Contests

Contests
Bedding Contest! (karma: 1)
By Terpsi Comments: 2045, member since Tue Oct 04, 2005
On Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:55 AM
Locked by Terpsi (142506) on 2012-05-07 07:37:18 Oops! Time to lock this!

Hey everyone! So I am FINALLY for the first time in my life going to be the proud owner of a full sized bed. I have been in a twin my entire life! : ( So, I am on the hunt for new bedding.

My current bedding is black and white damask pattern, and I love it, but I think I am ready for some color! I love yellow bedding and pink/purple bedding, but don't feel limited to color. My only request is that the bedding will go with black (I have lots of black accessories and black furniture), so steer clear of browns. I am in college, so I want something a mature, but still fun.

The image is of a bedding set that I absolutely LOVE (hint, hint) but is not in stock : (

My contest rules:
-You can have up to seven entries.
-It must be available (in store or online) in the U.S.
-Please don't just submit a photo of the bedding. Links required!
-There's no price limit, but the cheaper the better!
-Contest will end May 1

There will be one first-place winner who will receive a trophy, one karma, and a beautiful cake!

"May the odds be ever in your favor!" ; )

-Ashley

2 Replies to Bedding Contest!

re: Bedding Contest!
By DefyingGravityPremium member Comments: 5265, member since Sun Jan 19, 2003
On Sat Apr 14, 2012 01:51 PM
www.target.com . . .=|11928136&CPNG=home&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=11928136

www.target.com . . .

www.target.com . . .

www.target.com . . .
re: Bedding Contest! (karma: 1)
By Gioiamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3024, member since Sun Jun 20, 2004
On Sat Apr 14, 2012 05:47 PM
Edited by hooray4jj (97099) on 2012-04-14 17:54:10
Do I win if I found the item you were looking for in stock somewhere? lol... www.jcpenney.com . . . it says it is in stock in the "Flame" color, it was confusing though because the brand is "Annika Pink" and I wasn't sure at first if the Flame was the right color, but it seems as though it is...

For fun I decided to keep looking around for you, in case you might like something else. I also want to mention that I just recently acquired the second to last piece to my new Lacoste bedding set (I would like a bedskirt, but Lacoste doesn't make them), so I do have a few tips for you if you want to save some money. The markup on bedding is ridiculous, so shop the clearance bins at large department stores. I work at Macy's so I got all my stuff there, I just slowly had to wait for each piece of the set to go on clearance at some point, it took almost a month since I was patient. Overall retail value should have been Duvet cover/sham set - $300.00, sheet set - $120.00, Euro shams - $100.00, decorative throw/blanket - $110.00 and all together I only paid $140.00 (well actually after my employee discount and special employee perks it was only about $100.00). Where I work there are usually special days of the month that the items already in the clearance bins are discounted even more (one day sales, etc) so I would buy the items on those days and use a coupon. Anyway, you can get some awesome stuff for cheap if you are willing to hunt around.

On to the links!
www.pbteen.com . . . (I adore this, it is just the duvet cover, so you would have to get a comforter - they have them cheap at Ikea - and sheets.)
www1.macys.com . . . (it comes with the pillows, for that splash of color)
www.overstock.com . . . (may be too muted for what you are looking for)

So this could probably get expensive, but they have a design your bed feature on pottery barn teens www.pbteen.com . . . (don't judge, just because it says teen, the stuff is pretty cute) and I think this is the full link for the one I designed for you, just to give you an idea of what you can do (or what pieces you could shop for cheaper). www.pbteen.com . . .

ReplySendWatch

Message locked, no more replies allowed