Forum: Disco / Disco - Parents Only

Disco - Parents Only
Anthony Clifford Studios does not have a customer named Jane Mckenzie
By linhPremium member Comments: 2688, member since Sun Mar 07, 1999
On Wed Apr 18, 2012 05:42 AM
Made sticky by linh (3) on 2012-04-18 05:42:50

I got this email from Diana at Anthony Clifford Studios. According to her, the scammer does not go to her school and is tainting their good reputation. So please think twice before bothering them since they seem to be victims of this scammer as well. Linh dance.net Her email follows...
Dear Sir We would like to report a person using the name Mrs Jane Mckenzie who is currently targeting those selling dance costumes on your site by asking them to post valuable costumes toher to try fitting before she has paid for them. She then is nevever heard from again. She seems to gain their trust by pretending her daughters attend a dance school (at the moment she seems to have decided on ours!) We would like to state that Anthony Clifford studios does not have pupils of this name and that we are very upset that she is tainting our good reputation in this way. I hope your members report her to the police and that they are very wary in future of sending anything to total strangers in the post without payment first. The calls from people checking up are getting to be so frequent now that it is impacting on our working day and we are having to leave the phone off when teaching as it is so constant. Please warn as many as you can and reiterate that Anthony Clifford Studios does not know this person she is a criminal and should be reported to the police yours Diana Clifford Anthony Clifford Studios, Romford

4 Replies to Anthony Clifford Studios does not have a customer named Jane Mckenzie

re: Anthony Clifford Studios does not have a customer named Jane Mckenzie
By smurfymurfy Comments: 205, member since Fri Jun 05, 2009
On Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:11 AM
Hi linh,

I did contact the dance school last week to speak to the dance teacher that jane mckenzie said she was linked to. Unfortunately that teacher never returned my calls! I finally spoke to another teacher there who informed that he had had over 15 calls from people regarding the same thing and as far as he was concerned jane mckenzie was not and never will be at their school. He said we had definately been scammed. It was then that i felt physically sick and decided to post a campaign via facebook to warn others. My daughters facebook went crazy on sat as a result.

We have our crime number now and hope an investigation is well under way and she's caught and presecuted severely.

Nicky and summer xx
By smiler1member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1398, member since Fri Jun 24, 2005
On Tue Apr 24, 2012 07:02 AM
Hi I was one of the lucky people who never replied to her she sent the same message to me!!

Maryx
By angemw Comments: 25, member since Tue Nov 20, 2012
On Sun Dec 02, 2012 08:18 PM
I'm new to this site and am only just working out how it works. Do people normally ask for money upfront before they post the costume. I certainly would be wary of anyone asking me to post them a costume without receiving payment first.
By ellesmam Comments: 156, member since Fri Sep 16, 2011
On Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:25 AM
Am new back to dance net and will be extra carefully when sending my daughters suit out,It's sickening to hear of people going to such lengths .

ReplySendWatch