Forum: Competitions

The Ultimate Dance Battle 2
By RosePremium member
On Sun Apr 22, 2012 01:47 PM
Edited by Rose (172256) on 2012-04-22 15:11:15

Last year I wrote about this new dance competition on TV.
www.dance.net . . .
It was posted on the private SO board, I will ask a moderator to move it to the Teacher board (if that is still possible after a year) so you can all read it.

Now season 2 has started.
5 New choreographers.
99% New dancers in the auditions.

The reason why I bring up this topic again: a great ballet choreo! We have discussed so often that we see too much of the same in the dance shows on TV, that we miss - outstanding - ballet. This is different. Unexpected in a commercial thinking TV program.
www.rtl.nl . . .
Probably starting with an advertisement video, but I hope you can all see it.

Before you judge the dancers, they do not all have a ballet background. That is due to the way this show is set up. Hope you can (soon) read my other post about TUDB, then you will understand.

Edit:
The Ballet team is through to the next round = half final. With team Hiphop and team Modern.
In 2011 the final was between Ballet and Modern. Modern won (being superb in ALL shows they were an obvious winner). Maybe Ballet this year? (fingers crossed)

3 Replies to The Ultimate Dance Battle 2

re: The Ultimate Dance Battle 2
By Amber_A
On Sun Apr 22, 2012 02:09 PM
Edited by Amber_A (235560) on 2012-04-22 14:10:09 spelling
I totally agree, I absolutely LOVED that ballet choreo! So refreshing indeed to see something other than most dances on dance shows like this!
By RosePremium member
On Sun Apr 29, 2012 02:51 PM
Edited by Rose (172256) on 2012-04-29 14:55:15
Edited by Rose (172256) on 2012-04-29 15:43:39
O My God! This weeks ballet piece is breath taking! And the audience responds so well to the typical ballet parts! But the END!!! WATCH THE END! (not of the video, of the DANCE!)

It's Requiem from Mozart. The dancers are angels, black, grey and white. THE END! It's great! But you have to see it all to fully understand.

www.rtl.nl . . .

Edit:
Team Ballet is in the final with team Hiphop.
Last year the final was between Team Ballet and Team Modern. Modern won. Even when Ballet doesn't win, Ballet was in the final TWICE!
By Amber_A
On Sun Apr 29, 2012 05:07 PM
Edited by Amber_A (235560) on 2012-04-29 17:08:13
Wow!! Once again a beautiful ballet piece! I'm glad team ballet is in the finals :)(although I wasn't expecting the modern team to be eliminated already, since team modern was so popular last year)

ReplySendWatch