Forum: Disco / Disco - 18+

Disco - 18+
anyone doing their student teachers????
By draamaqueen Comments: 581, member since Mon Sep 19, 2005
On Thu Apr 26, 2012 03:51 AM

hey everyone,

dont no if anyone can help me but im 20 and my dance teacher says im ready to pass my teachers exams, so doing my students at the moment, ive been helping we other classes for the last 2 years and really enjoy it however, i struggle we my confidence when it comes to actually dancing am fine but when it comes to the talking side of the teaching am useless, you can hear the nerves in my voice and everything, i just wondered if anyone got any advice onw hos done their exams and ways to get around it?

Shree

5 Replies to anyone doing their student teachers????

re: anyone doing their student teachers????
By IconDanceAcademy Comments: 1302, member since Wed Jun 27, 2007
On Thu Apr 26, 2012 05:07 AM
Hi,

I just think the best thing to do is relax! if you've been teaching for 2 years and your teacher says you're ready then stop worrying - you must be doing something right :)

xx
By jenniebizzwear Comments: 26, member since Mon Jan 31, 2011
On Fri Apr 27, 2012 02:26 AM
Hi

I know how you feel as i was like you when i did mine! Just go with your gut instinct with the answers as you probably know the answer even if its not the textbook response. Your teacher wouldn't have put you in for it if you werent going to pass. Just relax and deep breathe (take some lavender as its supposed to help to calm you)

Good Luck

Jennie
By majicdancer Comments: 1069, member since Sun Nov 04, 2007
On Wed May 16, 2012 09:39 AM
i used to help do warm ups at my old dance school i felt most confident after i spent a few months helping with the younger classes rather than older classes they tend to respect you more at a younger age. you probably have tried this already but if not worth a go. Ask your teacher if she could maybe stay more on the sidelines for one lesson and let you take over. plan your own warmup and everything do things your way and see how it goes. try it with younger ones about 7 or 8 is the best age as they're old enough to understand what you mean and not old enough to talk back to you if you tell them to behave or to concentrate. ;)

good luck xx
By andypandymember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2745, member since Sun Oct 19, 2003
On Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:29 AM
I totally agree with you , the dancing comes naturally but when it comes to talking about the routines it's more nerve racking , my teacher says it will come with experience and just think when you pass the students exam it will give you more confidence , I try to imagine I'm just talking to friends n family and it seems to help good luck !
By Danceforever53 Comments: 82, member since Wed Jan 25, 2012
On Sun Jul 08, 2012 06:49 AM
You're teacher wouldn't say you're ready unless you really where so relax!

ReplySendWatch