Forum: General / General

Page:
Page 5 of 63: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 59 60 61 62 63
re: Vent, Celebrate, Discuss Thread - VCDT:The Perfect Ten!
By Coccinellamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed May 23, 2012 10:10 PM
Vent: Didn't pay my registration deposit for school early enough I guess. I did it over the phone today when I realized that I wasn't able to register for classes. The lady on the phone said it should go through pretty much instantly but, lo and behold, it hasn't. There are only 11 spots left in a class I really want/need to take so I hope by tomorrow it is working and I can have stuff figured out by then!
By MarlaSingermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu May 24, 2012 09:47 AM
VENT: I love my long hair, but why does it have to ITCH so much?? I remember right before I got my hair chopped off a few years ago, my scalp was such an itchy mess. But it got better immediately when I got it cut. However, since I'm not planning on getting it cut anytime soon, I need to figure something else out. I have some ideas, just need to experiment and see what works. And by the way, it's NOT flaky, so I'm pretty sure it's not dandruff. Just itchy.

CELEBRATE: We got a sound bar (speaker) for our TV and installed it last night. I'm not much of an audiophile, but it really does sound great. Should make it easier to hear the TV when the windows are open or the dishwasher's running or whatever. The best part is that Mark got it for about $300 off of the retail price because he got it as a "vendor accommodation" after he completed a training program about the product at work.

DISCUSS BEFORE AND AFTER PICS: No, definitely not. I understand how it could be a useful motivational tool for some people, but it would not be good for me. I have too many body image issues that I'm constantly battling. The less time I spend obsessing over my body, the better. Even when I'm actively trying to lose weight, it's better for me to focus on how my clothes fit and how I feel than to stare at my body, looking for changes and criticizing myself if I don't see any.

DISCUSS TOUGH MUDDER: We have an event coming up this summer in Indiana called Mudathlon that I think is pretty similar. Mark and I seriously considered signing up, but the sign-up fee is pretty expensive, so we just never got around to it. Maybe next year.
On Thu May 24, 2012 12:46 PM
Vent: Figured out that the reason I couldn't register for school was because it wasn't my registration date yet, d'oh. Before the admissions lady and I figured that out today she registered me into an English course I almost didn't make it into, she hasn't "un-registered" me yet so hopefully she just lets me stay in.

Celebrate: Almost done my 2nd unit of dreaded Math 11 Pre-Calc. Hallelujah! Only 8 or so more...

Before and after pics discuss: I do have a set on my computer from a couple of months ago, and since then I have been working out quite a lot (barring my recent vacation). I think I'll retake photos in about a month and see I can notice a change, I'll also take measurements, and I'll weigh myself at the gym from time to time just to see where I am.

Summertime discuss: Probably having lots of daylight to enjoy outdoor activities. I also really like camping and going to my boyfriends parents lake house during the warm months for swimming and relaxing!
By Cienmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu May 24, 2012 02:49 PM
Vent: Still waiting on one last grade. Come on, Spanish Lit...

Celebrate: Got promoted from Campaign Intern to Deputy Campaign Manager today! Well, sort of. I'd been calling myself a Campaign Intern, and then today when I asked the Representative I'm working for what my title is, she said it could be "snazzier" than just an intern, and that I would be the Deputy Campaign Manager from now on. :D

Summer Discuss: I love being able to wear whatever I want, instead of having to plan my layers/big coat/big winter boots. I love being able to go outside and enjoy the weather, instead of having to stay inside and wish it would end. I just really really like summer.
By KeepOnSinginPremium member
On Fri May 25, 2012 11:09 AM
VENT: My ears hurt :?

CELEBRATE: I went to the Y today to talk to the person in charge of childcare staffing because when I emailed her she said there were a couple of shifts open and I came out with 2 shifts and a raise from what I made when I worked there in the fall! It's only 6 hours/week but that's an extra $50/week for the next couple of weeks and then it'll be an extra $30/week once I start my other job. Pretty good for sitting on my butt watching kids play!

DISCUSS: Favorite job you've ever had? My favorite job was at a daycare. I've worked at 2 daycares and I can't decide which I liked more...so I'm just gonna leave my answer as "at a daycare."
On Fri May 25, 2012 12:35 PM
VENT: It's the Friday before a holiday weekend and I CANNOT CONCENTRATE on my work. I just want to get out of here already!!

CELEBRATE: But on the other hand, it IS the Friday before a holiday weekend, and that's never a bad thing. And I will be able to leave in an hour!

FAVORITE JOB DISCUSS: I think every job I've had has had its good and bad points, and they pretty much balanced each other out. I guess my favorite job was probably when I worked as a student fundraiser in college, calling up alumni and asking them to donate to our school's annual fund. I hated calling people, but all my friends worked there too, and we just goofed off CONSTANTLY. I still have a whole bunch of silly pictures that we used to draw for each other. And every once in a while you'd get an alum who was pretty cool. Most of them were at least polite, since we were students from their alma mater.

WEEKEND PLANS DISCUSS: Probably nothing much tonight. Tomorrow I'm going out to lunch with my sister, then going with my husband to his late father's property to get some stuff. I've never been there, and it's a place that Mark has a lot of emotional attachment to, so I'd like to see it before it gets sold. And then Sunday and Monday will probably just be a lot of relaxing. I'd like to say we'll get some yard work done, but it's going to be so freaking hot that I'm not sure.
By ShandaLeemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri May 25, 2012 09:37 PM
Celebrate: My son did his first dance recital last night and tonight and he did very well! I wasn't sure how he would do on a stage knowing lots of people were watching, be he did so good! He even said he wants to do it again next year, which I'm happy about! I wasn't sure if he would want to if I would put him back in dance, but if he wants to, I'm all for it!!
By kandykanePremium member
On Sat May 26, 2012 10:19 AM
Vent: Fifth day in a row to wake up with a headache. They aren't truly awful, but it's getting old.

Favorite job discuss: It's a toss up between the office of a dance studio and an antique shop.

Summer discuss: Pool time, lots of pool time! And I have several trips planned. Two to see old friends and one to the beach.

kk~
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sat May 26, 2012 12:09 PM
And by the way, it's NOT flaky, so I'm pretty sure it's not dandruff. Just itchy.

Unlurking, to get a little gross;

Flakes by definition don't mean dandruff. Dandruff's hallmark is a yellow, waxy, oily flake. My scalp itches and flakes like its life depended on it, as none of the flakes are yellow, waxy or oily. I've seen genuine dandruff, and it's pretty unmistakable that that's what you're looking at.

And since I unlurked, I'll participate...

I've never really had a job that I out and out hated (well, hated enough that the memory stuck with me, I'm sure there were things I hated about alot of them in the moment), but I've got a couple of them that particularly stand out. I liked working at my uncles shop, because it was mentally interesting (he owns a race team, which was pretty far outside of anything I'd done before, or heck, even since), and I like working at the studio I work at now because it's the most mentally satisfying (I absolutely think the world of our SO and AD. It's one of those "it's an honor just to be nominated" type of things. I think everyone at the studio is so awesome, I'm happy just to be included).

...Back to your regularly scheduled programming...
By Cadbury_Eatermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sat May 26, 2012 11:02 PM
VENT:
I have a cold :(
I am attempting to do a killer assignment, spent like 15 hours on it and only done like 15%.
I am so angry at someone. They are the biggest hypocrite I have ever encountered in my life. I hate hypocrites so much.
I have school tomorrow
By Saramember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun May 27, 2012 08:15 AM
Job Discuss: I have a love hate relationship with my job. I love the money. I love how fast paced it is. 95% of the time, I love the people at my tables because the are wonderful and fun and make my day.

5% of the time, I hate my tables. Rude, picky, over-inflated sense of self worth. Mad that it took you 1 minute and 8 seconds and get their catsup and now 'their food is cold'. Anyone who has worked in food service knows exactly what I'm talking about. Like, the people who you just go HAVE YOU NEVER BEEN TO A RESTAURANT IN YOUR LIFE WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU EXPECTATIONS SO HIGH FOR IM NOT YOUR SERVANT I HAVE OTHER TABLES TOO YA KNOW.

But I dont actually say that, because I want them to tip me because I need to pay my electric so I grin and secretly wish I could spit on their pancake. Serving is a huge act.

Speaking of my job, work has kind of really sucked this week. Its not that im not making good money, because Ive been making 15-20 an hour. But, I've been working 1 or 2 hours shifts. We have been so slow that my 4 hour shift gets turned into a 2 hour one if I'm lucky. I need a 4 hour shift of making 20 an hour, not a 2 hour shift. 2 hours doesnt pay my bills. I'd much rather work a 10 hour shift than two or three 3 hour shifts, because I'm not going to make as much those days. Hopefully this week is better in terms of business, but with the holiday I kind of doubt it. Everyones going to be grilling out, like I'd like to be.
By Cienmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun May 27, 2012 08:49 AM
Vent: None at the moment.

Celebrate: Going to an outdoor festival with Boyfriend later today :) And I got straight A's for another semester, woooo! AND my former co-worker had her baby the other day.

Favorite Job: My current job, teaching ballet to my little peanuts. I can never get over how cute, smart, and weird they are. They crack me up. My boss can be difficult to deal with sometimes, though.
On Mon May 28, 2012 05:05 AM
VENT: Drowning in a pool of expectation, sickness, assignments, humble pie, psyco hypocrites...Ick Ick.

CELEBRATE:
If I survive to 2 PM tomorrow-the rest of this week at least is alot easier.
By DefyingGravityPremium member
On Tue May 29, 2012 12:34 AM
VENT: Meta World Peace wished everyone a happy Labor Day today on Twitter. My local newscaster just wished everyone a happy Veteran's Day.

HOW DO THEIR VOTES COUNT THE SAME AS MINE. Stupid/ignorant people shouldn't have a say.
On Tue May 29, 2012 05:18 PM
VENT: I was at my friend's for tea and hanging out today and my time there got cut short because I had to go home and wait for my younger siblings to come home then watch them til my parents got home.

CELEBRATE: My sister is okay! -- I realize, this needs explanation, so here you go: My sister was in a car accident today. Her friend was driving downhill when her brakes went out and they crashed into a bus. Could've been really bad but neither my sister nor her friend are hurt too badly. Her friend has a sprained wrist and my sister has whiplash and some bruised ribs.

DISCUSS: Are there thunderstorms where you are? All around the area where I am there are thunderstorms. I love it...I'm waiting for a big one to hit but it doesn't seem to be coming.
re: Vent, Celebrate, Discuss Thread - VCDT:The Perfect Ten! (karma: 1)
On Tue May 29, 2012 06:37 PM
Edited by kandykane (157761) on 2012-05-29 18:42:10
Celebrate 1: It's summer! So, it's time for a new avatar! As much as I like my current one, it's kind of wintery with the gloves, so, new one coming up!

Celebrate 2: Son was hired for his summer internship at the big museum in the city! Woot!

Storm discuss: I love a good summer storm! As long as there is no damage. :?

Avatar Discuss: How often do you change your avatar? I change mine every few months or so. But I always use a red and white stripe theme!

kk~
On Wed May 30, 2012 11:13 AM
VENT: My new ergonomic keyboard is making my shoulder hurt worse than before. And I'm being ridiculous and not telling anybody because I feel guilty that my company got me this nice fancy keyboard, and now I don't even want it. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

CELEBRATE: Short (holiday) week is short. It'll be the weekend again before I know it!

STORMS DISCUSS: Nothing yesterday or today, but we're due for some rain tomorrow and Friday. I do love a good summer storm, but preferably not for an entire day.

AVATAR DISCUSS: Ha, I think I've had a grand total of three in the past four years. I started out with one that said "Break dance, not hearts," but a few months later I saw someone else with the same one, so I changed it to baby Harry Potter and kept that one for a LONG time. Then I eventually changed it again to the one I have now, Harry's hand with a golden snitch in his palm. And I've had this one for a LONG time as well. I guess I'm probably about due for another change. Not sure if I'll stick with the Harry Potter theme or branch out to something else. Hmmmm... Stay tuned, I guess. :)
On Wed May 30, 2012 11:29 AM
Favorite job discuss: I had a temp job with the Govt. of Canada which was really challenging and interesting most of the time. I've never really had a job I hated, but sometimes I just tired of doing the same thing and the job doesn't suit by needs anymore.

Changing avatar discuss: I haven't changed mine in a really long time, and before that it was only 1 or 2 different pictures. Maybe it's time for a new one? Hmmm...

Thunder storms discuss: It's extremely rare for there to be thunder/lightning in Victoria, BC. I remember being really little once and there being a pretty epic one but since then the times have been far and few between.
On Wed May 30, 2012 08:02 PM
I hate when I think I have nothing to worry about and suddenly, I have ten unexpected things pop up for me to worry about. I know worry does not help, but I can't seem to stop. I need to get back into my yoga or meditate or get a worry stone or something. :?

kk~
On Wed May 30, 2012 08:31 PM
Edited by KeepOnSingin (116683) on 2012-05-30 20:34:59
VENT: Uncomfortable food baby...

CELEBRATE: My sister gave me back 5 movies of mine I thought I had lost forever including favorites like Burlesque, The Princess and the Frog and Toy Story!

CELEBRATE: I got to see one of my friends from school and meet her boyfriend tonight! We went out to dinner (her treat after both I and her bf told her no) and walked around downtown and it was really nice.

And wow...I only had 1 drink tonight and I feel like I had about 3! I'm definitely not drunk, but I do feel it a bit. That's so odd for me because it usually takes about 3 drinks for me to feel it.
On Fri Jun 01, 2012 07:24 AM
CELEBRATE: In true fashion, my week improved dramatically after 3PM on that fateful Tuesday.

I got a lovely 11 hour sleep, and my cold began to not feel like death.

Had a lovely week after that day-just lots of little nice quirks. Like cleaning up two school awards hah.

The countdown is on to so many things! I'm sooo busy! I have four assessment tasks over the next two weeks and a bit. (Thank goodness, I have three of the batch already done, two eng and one his out of the way)

So 14 days until public speaking finals...
And 19 days until I heard to SOUTH AFRICA!
By ballerinatwirler
On Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:00 PM
Vent 1: My allergies and sinuses are killing me. I slept most of today and I'm already ready for bed.

Vent 2: We have an online system at work that you can give up shifts/trade/swap so I gave up a day for next week and someone picked it up but management denied it. What's the point of using the system if they are going to deny it? The only thing I could think of was that the girl who wanted my shift could possibly of went into overtime?
By Emmamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:54 PM
Not been here in a while! I don't have loads to say though.

I'm too negative, and I think I need to change that. Though at least I'm not like the hen party we had in today, who complained about literally everything, just to get discount, there was one woman who kept eating (as in, had at least 3 mouthfuls) as she was telling me that her battered fish and chips was too greasy! Of course it was greasy, it's fish and chips!!! Idiot. I'd hate to have to go out for dinner with someone like that who complains at every opportunity. I think it ruins the experience. This particular group should have paid £11.95 each, instead they paid £5 each. Ridiculous.

I'm having a friend over for pizza and wine later tonight, how nice!

Christine, I'm not sure! It depends how big and fancy the wedding is! Just turn up in something you're comfortable in and that's a little dressier than your usual style and I think you'll be fine!

Dentists are something I don't avoid, because I have genetically very bad teeth, but I can fall asleep in the dentists chair (while having root canal without anaesthetic, so yeah... I'm weird.)

Jonelle, I think my favourite thing about summer is the endless light as well... It's funny though, I love winter when we have dark days too, because it just makes me think of being cosy in front of the fire! I do however wish that summer had more dependable weather, but I think being stuck right next to the atlantic kind of messes up any chance of lasting heat ever, it's frustrating when it looks nice out, but you still have to wear layers because it's cold/windy.

WebstAr, how on earth did you have to pay out $2.50?? I don't understand!

I have no idea when I last changed my avatar!! Might think about doing that, but I don't tend to go looking for new ones too often anymore.
re: Vent, Celebrate, Discuss Thread - VCDT:The Perfect Ten! (karma: 1)
By reel_faerie85member has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sat Jun 02, 2012 01:02 PM
I have a nosey interfering neighbour! Cheek of it, I was coming in from town (obviously busy on my day off) and he starts ranting about how my garden is a mess. Erm hello...its my garden. The weather has been rubbish and I work shifts, Martin also works shifts. The garden hasn't previously been touched for 3 years. Back off. I know its a mess but I am not superwoman.

I was going to vent about the mess indoors again but it would be boring.

Celebrate: Um, nope can't think of one at the moment.
By Emmamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sat Jun 02, 2012 05:51 PM
I have an interfering neighbour too...

In every building in Edinburgh with multiple flats, there are bikes in the stairways, and we get this passive aggressive note through the door "asking" but basically telling us that we should take our bikes into our flats, because "it's not fair" to everyone.

In my mind it was a first come, first served basis, and I'm guessing it was sent by the same people who have the plants all along the corridor outside the top flat. Incidentally, the reason they told us to put our bikes in our flats, was because all the stairs should be kept completely clear according to the bylaws.... Are they joking?!?! If they want to have complete control over the stairway, then get themselves a private stair.

When I moved in, my flatmate told me it was fine to put my bike there. They had the cheek to move it outside a few times too. My bike is my property, and there is no way in hell I'd store it outside. It goes in the stairway, or in a garage or bike storage shed, but we don't have one of those. I just couldn't believe it. They did it a couple of times too.
Page:
Page 5 of 63: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 59 60 61 62 63

ReplySendWatch