Popular Disco

Disco competition 2015 by FDIC
We have had a big response for the Freestyle Disco Competition Espania 2015 sending out 93 packs...

Forum: Advice / Health & Nutrition

Health & Nutrition
Makeover May! en>fr fr>en
By Felsamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4038, member since Thu Nov 09, 2006
On Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:57 AM
Edited by Felsa (169953) on 2012-04-30 12:12:19

I just thought I would post this to see if anyone is interested in joining my room mates and I in "Makeover May". Basically we are using the month of May to get healthier and feel better about ourselves. My one room mate is going to start start tanning, my other room mate wants to get her teeth whitened. All of us are going to start working out 6 times a week, eating healthier, taking better care of our skin.

I thought we could use this board to post motivational posts,share recipes, share workout DVD's/Videos, share our progress, and how our personal Makeover May is going in general.

So, is anyone in?

12 Replies to Makeover May!

re: Makeover May! en>fr fr>en
By AlwaysOnStagePremium member Comments: 7291, member since Sun Apr 18, 2004
On Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:01 PM
I'm in, absolutely! I'll start preparing a plan for my May makeover tonight!
By YumYumDoughnutPremium member Comments: 7989, member since Sat Jul 10, 2004
On Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:06 PM
I'm in! What a great idea.

Here are my "makeover" goals for May.

1. Drop 8 lbs ( 2 lbs a week)
2. Work out my abs more. I am SOOO LAZY when it comes to doing any workouts for my abs. I am going to aim for 50 situps each morning.
3. I am going to try and walk everywhere instead of driving. I drive to the grocery store 1/2 mile away, and I can TOTALLY walk that distance if I put my mind to it.
4. Keep better track of my eyebrows. I get lazy and I don't get them waxed each month.
By J_ballerina Comments: 1, member since Fri May 04, 2012
On Fri May 04, 2012 02:21 PM
YAY!!! I finally found some motivation without being embarrassed. Thank you!! I will start today ( I'll do extra sit-ups for my four days missed (;_). Just currious what you are doing writing it down in a special notebook or what?
THANKS!! :)
By Allymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3182, member since Sun Dec 11, 2005
On Fri May 04, 2012 02:38 PM
I hate to be a wet blanket, but maybe I misread "start tanning." You do mean spray tan or fake bake, right?
By Gioiamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3017, member since Sun Jun 20, 2004
On Fri May 04, 2012 02:48 PM
^ I noticed it too but figured I would be the only Debbie Downer so I had kept quiet.

Felsa wrote:

My one room mate is going to start start tanning...All of us are going to start... taking better care of our skin.

Seems a little counter-intuitive. But hey, whatever makes you feel good, right? >.>
By Spiorad Comments: 2049, member since Sat Jul 22, 2006
On Fri May 04, 2012 04:22 PM
I am totally in!

Yesterday I tried on this uniform that our SO wants the company members to have. It is super cute and the shorts were perfect but I refused to even come out with the top on.

There was no possible way someone would have been "oh its not that bad"

I need to lose weight and tone up especially. I'm not fat, but I am definitely not in shape and that's what I need to change because with all these curves I got there is nothing pretty about what I was seeing in that uniform!

So my goal for May is to stick to my workout and healthy eating routine.

I feel like if I can just get consistent enough I'll be able to continue it throughout the summer.

Plus I'm going to a dance comp at the end of July and I don't want to be the only one who looks bad in their costume.
By Felsamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4038, member since Thu Nov 09, 2006
On Sat May 05, 2012 11:01 PM
oops! I guess I was not overly clear. Better care of our skin as in our face skin. Wash our faces, do facials, ect... Yeah I know fake and baking is not at all healthy but my one roomie already goes all the time and now my other one wants too. They told me I should but I told them I am happy with my fair skin and I don't want to change it.

I am not really writing anything down. I find I fall off the wagon when I do that because I put so much thought into everything that I get sick of it.

I have been so incredibly busy with farm chores that I have not worked out at all :( I get up and do about 30 minutes worth, then I shower, then have breakfast, then get ready for work, then spend another 15 minutes locking stuff up, then drive 45 minutes to work. After I work for 8.5 hours I drive 45 minutes home and do 30-60 minutes worth of work depending on if the animals listen or not. By the time I am done that I am just wiped.

I do have monday off though and I only work until 3:30pm tomorrow so I am going to bring my hula hoop out here and practice my tricks and what not a whole bunch. Then I am done watching my aunts farm on Monday night so I will have more energy to work out.
By Allymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3182, member since Sun Dec 11, 2005
On Sat May 05, 2012 11:38 PM
Dude, artificial tanning is NOT good for your skin. Legit, cut it out. Go get a spray tan or something. I would rather pay more for spray tan than the medical bills of melanoma. y'know?

www.cnn.com . . .

www.doctoroz.com . . .

Educate yourself and your roommates.
On Sun May 06, 2012 05:08 AM
Again, I do NOT tan. I don't even sit in the sun to tan. I keep my skin looking pale all summer long. I tell them it is bad but we are all adults and can make our own choices. If they want to do it, I am not going ot stop them. They want me to tan but I straight up told them no because I do not want cancer at any point in life. My room mate even told me she knows it is bad for it but she likes how it hides her "inperfections" so she is going to keep doing it. Their choice.
By pokomember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 8925, member since Sun Oct 31, 2004
On Tue May 08, 2012 06:15 AM
The OP knows the dangers of tanning, hence why she does not. I think we owe her that, and not jump on her over it.

Gla to hear you're taking on this challenge with such enthusiasm. I've been on a health kick recently, and managed to lose 10kg, tone up and just feel happier.

My only point would be careful with training 6 times a week. Depending on how often you usually train, and how intense, it's always good to have a minimum two rest days. I'd really suggest getting into kick boxing. I found it's helped keep me motivated because I actually enjoy doing it, and is an incredible work out!

Good luck with everything! I have a final 5kg to lose, and I'm hoping I can shake it off in May :)
By imadanseurPremium member Comments: 16206, member since Thu Dec 04, 2003
On Tue May 08, 2012 06:32 AM
I am in...I actually will be writing a blog about my journey and I'll post that when its all set up.

FYI...for those of you saying you are going to do sit ups for your abs, there are a lot of exercises far more effective in working your abs. I'd seriously do some google searching if you want a better work out for them.
By Live_on_Broadway Comments: 2505, member since Tue Oct 01, 2002
On Tue May 08, 2012 12:37 PM
^Can't wait to see the blog!

I've been on a bit of a health kick lately, too. I'm hoping to finish the Couch to 5K program by the end of the month. I'm also mixing in some Jillian Michaels workouts, plus the odd dance or yoga class.

As for diet, I've been on this "cleanse" for the last couple of days: www.glamour.com . . .
I've cut out bread, pasta, cheese, sugar, and all junk food. I'm feeling pretty good right now, less bloated. I can't go without pasta and cheese forever (omg, pizza!), but hopefully this will reduce my cravings.

ReplySendWatch