Forum: Skating / Figure Skating

Dancer into skater...and loving the challenge
By ClaireLianne
On Fri May 25, 2012 02:42 AM

Hello,
I have only recently started skating after dancing for around 20 years. I am doing the Skate UK Learn to Skate course at the moment which I am really enjoying.
Although I don't think being a dancer necessarily helps with many of the moves, I love the amount of time that needs to be spent on learning each skill, and also the satisfaction you get when you finally manage it.

What skill are you all working on at the moment? My next thing to learn is a mohawk

Happy skating!

Claire x

1 Replies to Dancer into skater...and loving the challenge

re: Dancer into skater...and loving the challenge
By Jumpmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Jul 11, 2012 03:47 AM
Hi! It's been a long time since the last post in the 'figure skating' thread. I haven't skated officially in many years, but I bought a new pair of boots and mounted my old blades on them. Having an awful time breaking in the boots, but I really love skating lots, so I will bear with the pain and discomfort.

I did find that there is an awful lot of 'turning in' for figure skating, expecially when trying to land jumps and oh yes, good luck not spotting when you are spinning! It's just quite impossible to do during figure skating :)

I really like the mowhawk and when done properly its quite beautiful! Have fun +

ReplySendWatch