Forum: Ballet / Pointe - Beginners

Helpful Theraband Exercises please?
By dancingmuffin
On Sun May 27, 2012 02:24 AM

Hi, first of all I'd like to say that my arch and instep is in between medium-high. My ankles are not the strongest out there as I have only been dancing about 5 months of ballet so far. I take 2, 1 hour classes a week and next term (Term 3) I will be moving to three classes because I will have more time.

I was just wondering, what are some good theraband/resistance band exercises to help me strengthen my legs, core, ankles and feet for pointe work in the future. Obviously, I would like to get onto pointe as soon as possible haha but I would like to be FULLY prepared to go on pointe when I do do so.
So, any good theraband exercises? (You can post other types of exercises too!)

4 Replies to Helpful Theraband Exercises please?

re: Helpful Theraband Exercises please?
By ChopinianaGirl
On Sun May 27, 2012 07:41 AM
There are MANY posts like this before. You can use the custom search box in the right hand corner of this website to search for them. Hee is a great post found by typing feet theraband in the search box. www.dance.net . . .
By toroandbruinmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon May 28, 2012 09:39 PM
In addition to the theraband exercises, there's nothing like plie-releve, plie-releve, over and over. To work your muscles harder, do it on a bottom step with your heel hanging off the edge (and having a bannister to catch so you don't fall, of course. Do the plie-releves not only on both feet at the same time but one-footed, also.
By dancingmuffin
On Tue May 29, 2012 01:22 AM
Okay, I'll take that into note, thank you!
My resistance band just got delivered today :)
By dancingmuffin
On Tue May 29, 2012 01:23 AM
I've bookmarked the page, thank you! The page seems very very helpful :)

ReplySendWatch