Forum: General / Jazz / Jazz Photos - Members

Jazz Photos - Members
So proud of my scorpion!
By Colleenabeenamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 42, member since Thu Nov 18, 2010
On Fri Jun 01, 2012 03:33 PM

I figured I'd share some pictures of my scorpion..I'm so proud of myself! The first one is from our second competition this year, Legacy. The second is from our first comp this year, Turn It Up. And the third is from November at the studio. Please feel free to comment/critique!

7 Replies to So proud of my scorpion!

re: So proud of my scorpion!
By DanceCrazyMum Comments: 68, member since Fri Feb 24, 2012
On Fri Jun 01, 2012 03:57 PM
Wow, looks good to me! Congratulations! My daughter is desperate to do this, any tips?
By hummingbird Comments: 10412, member since Mon Apr 18, 2005
On Fri Jun 01, 2012 04:08 PM
Nice pictures, what music were you dancing to?
By Colleenabeenamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 42, member since Thu Nov 18, 2010
On Fri Jun 01, 2012 04:31 PM
I danced to Welcome to the 60s from Hairspray. The idea was that I was "waking up" in the 60s, hence the bed.
As for your daughter, I would suggest stretching everyday! That's what I do. Make sure all of her splits are flat on the floor. Also, do over splits. It's also a good idea to stretch your shoulders a lot. Once she gets it at the point where she has it up but it holding her ankle, have her slowly inch her hands down a little.
By pointeprincessSDmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 515, member since Wed Jun 23, 2010
On Thu Jun 14, 2012 09:29 PM
Wow! Congrats! I got mine last summer and I was super excited, too! Did you like Turn It Up?
On Fri Jun 15, 2012 02:30 PM
I enjoyed the competition, but the judges were tough.
By sjerosemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1262, member since Thu May 11, 2006
On Fri Jun 15, 2012 02:36 PM
You SHOULD be proud, that looks amazing! You must have worked very hard to get to that level of flexibily; I remember working towards that in my cheerleading days, and I got nowhere near that. It's definitely a hard move. Well done! :)
On Sun Jun 17, 2012 02:09 AM
Thank you very much. (:
Yes, I've worked very hard. Natural flexibility can only take you so far, a "proper" scorpion takes a lot of placement and precise body positioning.

ReplySendWatch