Forum: Advice / Girls Only PG-13

Vaginal Itching week before period.
By dance4ballet
On Wed Jun 06, 2012 07:05 AM

Hi guys,

So for the last 6 months to a year, a week before my period comes, I have vaginal itching, and extra discharge. It happens like clockwork, like it is a symptom or something. This always comes along with a couple of pimples, and a little bloating. I do think it is just part of my monthly cycle, I was just wondering if anyone else get this too and what to do to alleviate the itch??

I do not think it is a yeast infection, I have treated for a yeast infection, and still this returns. It's almost like every month the period comes and "flushes" out the itch (sorry to sound so graphic!!!)

I am not on any form of birth control and have never been on any form of birth control (besides condoms aha.) So we can rule that out too.

2 Replies to Vaginal Itching week before period.

re: Vaginal Itching week before period.
By teenydanseur
On Wed Jun 06, 2012 05:27 PM
i still think you might have a bacterial/yeast infection that only flares up around your period probably because its related to a hormonal imbalance. google vaginitis for more info on the various infections you can get (hormonal vaginitis is one) and since this seems to be a mild reoccuring problem you can probably just pick up a supplement to help out with that. You could go to a doctor and explain whats going on, I don't think what you're experiencing is all that uncommon? They also sell these at home tests at walgreens, cvs etc where you can test to see what your pH is, which helps you know if you have an infection (I'm not sure of the exact science on that), maybe buy a couple and use one test when you don't have any symptoms, and then test closer to your period when you do to compare?

oh the joys of being a woman ;)
re: Vaginal Itching week before period.
By teenydanseur
On Wed Jun 06, 2012 05:28 PM
i still think you might have a bacterial/yeast infection that only flares up around your period probably because its related to a hormonal imbalance. google vaginitis for more info on the various infections you can get (hormonal vaginitis is one) and since this seems to be a mild reoccuring problem you can probably just pick up a supplement to help out with that. You could go to a doctor and explain whats going on, I don't think what you're experiencing is all that uncommon? They also sell these at home tests at walgreens, cvs etc where you can test to see what your pH is, which helps you know if you have an infection (I'm not sure of the exact science on that), maybe buy a couple and use one test when you don't have any symptoms, and then test closer to your period when you do to compare?

oh the joys of being a woman ;)

ReplySendWatch