Lessons I've Learned (and am still learning)
By allthatdance
On 06/15/2012 18:53:17
Being a female business owner, I've learned a lot of valuable lessons along the way. Please feel free to add some of yours: Lesson Learned 1. You can’t please everyone. 2. Learn to say “no” and mean it. 3. Be upfront when it comes to money. 4. Don’t be a door mat. 5. It’s really nobody’s business exactly how you run your business. 6. Set your policies, your rules and stick to them. 7. Trust your intuitions especially when it comes to people. 8. You don’t always have to be a b!+ch. But when you are, be the Queen B. 9. It’s a man’s world, accept it, learn from it and get over it. 10. Forgive those who hurt you, steal from you or lie to you but never forget. 11. Accept responsibility for your mistakes and then learn from them. 12. Keep your personal life, personal. 13. No one ever cares as much about your business more than you. 14. Don’t be afraid to take chances but always have a backup plan. 15. Don’t say you’re sorry when you aren’t. 16. Take classes, go to workshops, stay up to date and informed. 17. You’re never too old to learn or to grow. 18. Nothing worthwhile ever comes easy. 19. It is not my “job” to make people happy, it is my job to teach dance. 20. Learn every student’s names, greet them with their name every-time. 21. Try not to take things so personal, “it” happens.
re: Lessons I've Learned (and am still learning)
By degasdancer
On 06/15/2012 19:38:07
Amen to numbers 1 through 21! :) i loved the way you put #19.
By buzzdancer
On 06/15/2012 20:30:49
Love it
By Rose
On 06/15/2012 20:52:24
It's great! But I changed it a bit :). 1. I can’t please everyone. 2. I have to say “no” and mean it. 3. I have to be upfront when it comes to money. 4. I am not a door mat. 5. It’s nobody’s business how I run my business. 6. I set my policies, my rules and stick to them. 7. I trust my intuitions especially when it comes to people. 8. I don’t always have to be a b!+ch. But when I am, I am Queen B. 9. It’s a man’s world, I accept it, I learn from it and I get over it. 10. I forgive those who hurt me, who steal from me or lie to me, but I never forget. 11. I accept responsibility for my mistakes and then learn from them. 12. I keep my personal life, personal. 13. No one ever cares as much about my business as I do. 14. I am not afraid to take chances but always have a backup plan. 15. I won’t say sorry when I'm not. 16. I take classes, go to workshops, stay up to date and informed. 17. I am never too old to learn or to grow. 18. Nothing worthwhile ever comes easy. 19. It is not my “job” to make people happy, it is my job to teach dance. 20. I learn every student’s names, greet them with their name every-time. 21. I try not to take things so personal, “it” happens. Now I can put it in my bathroom, see it every day, and feel personally addressed to.
By stargaze
On 06/20/2012 04:34:59
I have printed this and it now resides in my office. Thank you for taking the time to jot down and share how we all feel sometimes!
By Dances4Life
On 06/22/2012 14:47:51
22. Some parents (and children) are crazy. It is impossible fix or communicate with said crazy. However, I can (and will!) move on and evict said crazy. 23. I will take time for myself away from the studio and turn off my phone. 24. I will take time for my family away from the studio and turn off my phone.
By madance
On 06/23/2012 12:56:11
A final thought: This is my job. I have a passion for dance and the studio is my life. I work very hard. I might make it look easy and it may look like I am having fun, but make no mistake, this is not a hobby. This is a business and I am the boss.
This needs to be in BIG letters on the wall! :)

© 2022 - www.dance.net -- 08/16/2022 16:08:40