Forum: Ballet / Pointe - Beginners

Pointe Shoe Colors and Tights
By jackieblue
On Sat Jun 16, 2012 07:44 AM

Has anyone seen a color chart done for this?

To my eye, the following brands/models run as follows:

Chacott Veronese II (Peach)
Prima Soft Vole (Similar to Chacotts, but more vivid)
Gaynor Minden (Pinkish Peach)
Grishko Maya (Peachy Pink! Slightly more peach and paler than Freeds)
Freed (Vivid Peachy Pink)

Russian Pointe, without looking directly at them, I can't say how peachy or pink they are, but they are noticeably pale, almost white. The pictures you see on their website are not white, which they offer or did, but they're very pale pink.

If you have worn any of these brands, which tights did you find to match?

I haven't worn all of these, but I collect the shoes.

6 Replies to Pointe Shoe Colors and Tights

re: Pointe Shoe Colors and Tights
By mliaabmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Jun 16, 2012 08:28 AM
I wear Freeds, and I wear Freed tights with them and they look pretty good. Sometimes I wear Bloch tights and that's not too bad either.
By Melpomene
On Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:42 PM
I wear white tights with my RP's - I find they blend/compliment each other very well.

RP's are quite pale, almost white with a hint of silvery-pink, if that makes any sense.
By PointeQueen13
On Sun Jun 17, 2012 06:01 PM
I wear my Gaynor Minden's with Bloch tights. They are similar colors, which I good, because you want your Pointe shoe to look like an extension of your leg.
By craftarina
On Sun Jun 24, 2012 05:17 PM
usually the company that makes the shoe suggests wearing their brand tights. Generally this is because they have the same(ish) color palette that they use for all their items and so when you wear them they tend to match better. I personally don't weat any of the above but I wear Capezios and they match almost perfectly with the Capezio brand tights that I like as well! Hope this helps!
By JigEnPointemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Jun 24, 2012 06:16 PM
Pfft, I never worried about it, to be honest--and I wear freakin' Chacott. :P I usually wear Capezio tights and you can't tell the difference onstage... not enough to make any difference, anyway.
By SandraLAVixenmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Jul 01, 2012 06:37 AM
I just wanted to point out, that your skin color will also affect the color of your tights. One darker and lighter colored skin dancer will look different from each other even when wearing the same color/brand tights.

ReplySendWatch