Forum: Folk / Chinese Classical Dance

Chinese Classical Dance
Incorrect forum title...
By vivianleemit Comments: 3, member since Thu Jun 28, 2012
On Thu Jun 28, 2012 06:46 PM

One thing that I have noticed: the forum title is highly incorrect/narrowly defined.

"classical" is a form of Chinese dance, but many of the styles discussed within this forum (Tibetan, Dai, Xinjiang, etc.) do not fall under "classical" at all. Styles such as Tibetan, etc. are separately styles in themselves.

Chinese dance includes classical and ethnic styles (Tibetan, Mongolian, etc.) But classical does not include ethnic, and ethnic does not include classical.

Why not just name this forum "Chinese dance" for accuracy?
Pet peeve of mine.

1 Replies to Incorrect forum title...

re: Incorrect forum title...
By AlwaysOnStagePremium member Comments: 7417, member since Sun Apr 18, 2004
On Thu Jun 28, 2012 07:05 PM
Likely, this title is left over from a long time ago when the only form of chinese dance discussed was classical. This is not the most active forum on DDN by far, and probably hasn't needed much maintenance or administrative review in many years.

If you had been a member longer, or took time to look at how the site works, you'd find that the owner and operators of the site LOVE to accommodation reasonable requests, and would probably do so if asked nicely. We all have our pet peeves but that's no reason to be peevish before asking kindly. :) I can't speak for the web staff, but I do think this kind of reasonable request could probably be taken care of pretty quickly and could end up on the site's "To Do" list. I will "MOD" this post and request that they pass on the sentiments to those with the power to actually change the forum title.

ReplySendWatch