Forum: Arts / Games

Games
Games should require some thought or creativity (karma: 1)
By linhPremium member Comments: 2688, member since Sun Mar 07, 1999
On Sat Aug 02, 2003 01:27 PM

I locked the "^" game because it was getting too long. Also, it seems to me that the games should require some thought or creativity or it becomes little more than star farming.

15 Replies to Games should require some thought or creativity

re: Games should require some thought or creativity
By ballet_baby24member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 352, member since Sat Mar 01, 2003
On Sat Aug 02, 2003 02:25 PM
Can we star a new^game and try not to make it too long, cause I liked that game, but, it is a good idea Linh
re: Games should require some thought or creativity (karma: 1)
By Kathymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 10713, member since Wed Mar 05, 2003
On Sat Aug 02, 2003 03:01 PM
Edited by KathyKesby (58629) on 2003-08-02 15:08:55 forgot something
Now I understand why you locked it.

Well, I don´t think it was star faming. I can tell you why. I was one of the persons who really really loved this game. I did it because it´s fun. Not because of any stars. If you want, you can delete all my stars. It would be okay for me.
It´s also a great thought that a game should be creative. But I would also say, that the ^game is creative. It´s hard to find new things to post there sometimes and I searched in the member´s profiles for new infos I could post. I learned a lot about them and they came closer to me. That´s why I liked it. And isn´t fun very important for a game, too? We play games, because we want to have fun. That´s the first reason why games exist. And I don´t understand why you locked the ^game, but not other games. There are lot´s of games that are a bit liked it. Like the "this or that" game or the "say anything" game. The ^game was the most popular one, but that´s the only huge difference. It seems for me that lot´s of people liked to play it and had fun with it, so for me it seems to be unfair to lock it. I really don´t think it was star faming, it was just fun. Fun isn´t something bad.

I can really understand why you thought it might be uncreative or star faming, but for me it wasn´t. I really hope you think about it once more if you open it again or allow us to start a new one. I loved it so much. :(
Please, please think about it again.

Kathy
By DanceChica02member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 5447, member since Wed Jan 23, 2002
On Sat Aug 02, 2003 03:51 PM
I understand where you are coming from with the star farming situation. For some people, yes, it may be a game just to get stars, but that can happen with any other post on this whole site! Some of us actually post creative responses in "The ^ Game" and I feel like it gets us all to know each other so much better because you learn more about different members. Sure, it might not be too creative when someone says "^'s username is DanceChica02" but most of the time people will actually seek out interesting and fun info about a member through their profile and other posts. I've actually made friends just from playing this game! Even though there may be some boring replies, what about the ballet photos board where somebody posts a pic and a reply just says "cool" Those threads don't get locked... Well those are just my thoughts, thanks for hearing me out.
By bestallroundmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 186, member since Fri Aug 01, 2003
On Sat Aug 02, 2003 04:03 PM
No! The ^ game rocked! I'm pretty sure that nobody was actually thinking of stars when they put down their comments. And it's really hard to think of creative games, that everyone can play. I mean the people who ^ed a lot were people who post a lot in other subjects as well, so a few extra ^s shouldn't make that much of a difference. For instance, the three main ^ers were people who had comments in the thousands anyway! It's just a drag to see it go, I guess.
By linhPremium member Comments: 2688, member since Sun Mar 07, 1999
On Sat Aug 02, 2003 05:22 PM
You guys made your case well, so I unlocked the newer ^ thread.
By Kathymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 10713, member since Wed Mar 05, 2003
On Sat Aug 02, 2003 05:25 PM
Oh!!!! Thank you so much! I really missed this game. It´s true, we don´t need the same game here twice, but I really really appreciate (sp?) that you opened the newer one again. THANKS! :)

Kathy
By DanceChica02member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 5447, member since Wed Jan 23, 2002
On Sat Aug 02, 2003 06:06 PM
Linh, you're awesome! Thanks so much for reconsidering! :)
By DancePrincess827member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 6352, member since Mon Mar 10, 2003
On Sun Aug 03, 2003 05:42 PM
Thanks for unlocking it! That game is teh best and it's a lot of fun. I didn't even think about stars. I don't even CARE about stars.
By ButterflyKiss_ Comments: 2564, member since Mon May 26, 2003
On Sun Aug 03, 2003 06:10 PM
Thanks for unlocking :D

Kelle_
By DanceDynamicmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3249, member since Thu Jan 23, 2003
On Mon Aug 04, 2003 03:51 PM
you rock Linh, thanks for listening!
By raindancer Comments: 3270, member since Sun Jun 16, 2002
On Fri Aug 08, 2003 10:55 PM
Thank you Linh :D! I LOVED that game!

^raindancer
By ballerinababe21 Comments: 169, member since Thu Aug 28, 2003
On Sun Sep 07, 2003 08:31 AM
Linh, I totally agree. Games should be
creative and fun.

~ballerinababe21~
dancer*4*life
By pointytoes Comments: 237, member since Mon Sep 08, 2003
On Sat Oct 25, 2003 12:55 AM
Most games like swimming and netball.I loooo ve them 100%
By RebelRosemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 737, member since Wed Apr 11, 2007
On Thu May 31, 2007 09:02 AM
whats the ^ game ive never seen a game on here titled ^ game ...which one were you guys talking about??? please explain
By grtdancing Comments: 33, member since Mon Jul 09, 2007
On Tue Jul 10, 2007 08:38 AM
I have a game website of mind! It is called pogo.com. It is a sweet website! Every time my friends join they can't stop playing it! Have fun!!!

ReplySendWatch