Forum: Irish / Irish - Teachers and Assistants

Does the TCRG exam include the TMRF, or must they be taken separately?
By jlhaygoodmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Jul 10, 2012 04:38 PM

I'm a little confused looking at clrg.ie because they are listed as two separate exams, yet the TMRF exam sections are covered in the TCRG syllabus without the TMRF actually being referenced as a secondary certification...can anyone clear this up for me? Must I repeat those sections of the TC for the TM, as would be done with the AD, or is it a catch-all?

1 Replies to Does the TCRG exam include the TMRF, or must they be taken separately?

re: Does the TCRG exam include the TMRF, or must they be taken separately?
By seannettaPremium member
On Tue Jul 10, 2012 04:48 PM
If you earn your TCRG, there's no need to earn the TMRF separately -- as a TC, you are qualified to have your dancers compete in ceili.

If you just went for your TMRF, it would exclude the solo teaching part of the exam, obviously, and then if you eventually wanted to be qualified to teach solo dancers too, you'd then have to do those parts of the TC exam to become a full TC.

Does that make sense? If you're going for the TC exam, it includes everything from the TMRF that you need. You'd only take the TMRF separately if you only wanted to be qualified as a ceili teacher, not a solo one.

ReplySendWatch