Forum: Irish / Irish - Teachers and Assistants

When will my teacher get certified?!?!????
By sjerosemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Jul 14, 2012 03:01 PM

So, my instructor took his TCRG exam in May, and usually there is an approximate 8 week turnaround before we know he passed. So, we were initially quoted late July/early August would be when he would know. But, he just heard a rumor on the TCRG Voy board that the committee isn't meeting now until September! Apparently they don't want to meet as often anymore for some reason.

Is this true? Does anyone have any additional information they could provide? I have really been looking forward to competing Labor Day weekend (provided he passes, which we're pretty dang sure he will, as it is just a small part of the exam he was retaking), but hearing this rumor is really frustrating! I want to compete, dang it, and if this is true then I'll have to miss two feiseanna that are actually close to me and I could afford to travel to.

5 Replies to When will my teacher get certified?!?!????

re: When will my teacher get certified?!?!????
By PogMoGilliesmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:52 PM
It seems strange that he hasn't heard if he's passed. My TC took her ADCRG test in March, and she heard within a couple weeks.
By RinceorNosretep
On Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:34 AM
^ I wonder if there's some sort of difference between the TCRG and ADCRG exams and how they handle them, because when my teacher took her TCRG she didn't find out whether she passed for a few months.

Sjerose, have you seen the Voy conversations yourself? Maybe there's been some updates since then. They seem to hear things and post them on that board before anywhere else. Some fact, a lot rumor. I hope your teacher gets his results before those feiseanna, that would really suck to miss them. I totally know the eagerness to be able to finally compete. :)
On Sun Jul 15, 2012 02:36 PM
At your very wise suggestion, I dug around for the thread online. Found it here:

www.voy.com . . . the thread started on 7/4, so it's a ways down.

Someone emailed Claire on the committee and this was his/her update:

Most importantly, she hasn't been given enough information to confirm anything. She said the examination authority's hope was to add a meeting prior to September but that is not finalized. She said the earliest we can expect is end of July but as we all guessed, it could be September as well. So as I said, no hard facts but at least there is a (slim) chance July could be an informative month for all us!

Wanted to say too that Claire has always been so helpful and I really appreciated her detailed reply to my email.

Good luck all! x

Sorry if my quotes don't work right, I'm typing on my Kindle Fire and for this speed typer I feel like a Neanderthal! Still super frustrating, there's still no real knowledge one way or another. I feel really bad for all those recent TCRG hopefuls who must be so extremely frustrated right now at this news.
By colleeflower28
On Mon Jul 16, 2012 04:49 PM
They are cutting back on meetings to reduce expenses for CLRG. The turn around for exam results has always been in realtion to meetings and not weeks since the exam because of the sturcture of AnC and the nature of 'approving' new members of the organization. It's just unfortunate timing with the date the exam was scheduled and the date of the next meeting but the longer wait will be more common with the decreased number of meetings from now on
On Mon Jul 16, 2012 08:47 PM
I heard that too, but I was also under the impression that the exams were timed to coincide with each committee meeting, so that there would be an approximate 8-10 week turnaround for the applicants. I totally appreciate them trying to save funds by having fewer meetings, I just really wish they had been more open about that going into this latest round of exams, so these TCRG-hopefuls wouldn't have been making plans for results that wouldn't come till 2 months later than anticipated.

I'm just selfishly grumpy about it, I guess. *grumble grumble* Gonna take it out on the dance floor tonight!

ReplySendWatch