Forum: Ballet / Pointe - Beginners

Anything for backs of heels?
By kelleyrina
On Tue Jul 17, 2012 02:47 AM

Hello! I just got new pointe shoes- first ones! The fit great and all. Im using lambs wool for the toes which is working great but my heels are getting rubbed raw. The fits fine, theyre just not broken in, (or I havent built up any calluses...), what would be good to protect the backs of my heels until they toughen up/ break in? Ive tried just using tape but it peels away too easily...

6 Replies to Anything for backs of heels?

re: Anything for backs of heels?
By taps2much
On Tue Jul 17, 2012 02:59 AM
Band-Aid advanced healing cushions. I have had some success with these, they always stayed on my sweaty feet!
-taps
By theresemarie
On Wed Jul 18, 2012 01:50 AM
I have the same problem. I have been on pointe for ten years and my new Bloch B-Morphs rub like crazy. I might just have to live with the discomfort. I always make sure I have lots of adhesive bandages.
By Gavrilushka
On Thu Jul 19, 2012 01:48 PM
Oh there are always problem shoes, aren't there. It's usually because there is too much excess in the heel since the shoe has the wrong heel height for the heel. Sometimes, our shoes are just mean.

What I usually do is just stuff some lamb's wool in there when I have my pointe shoes on, but not tied. You can also try putting those gel pads that people use for high heels, they work well, but I've only tried them for high heels. I assume they would work too :)
By kelleyrina
On Fri Jul 20, 2012 02:01 AM
Found some great bandaids that work! I went to get the blister ones but Wound up getting these wide "sport" strips by Bandaid. theyre super cushy! Working great.
By WeLiveLaughDance
On Wed Aug 01, 2012 01:38 PM
There's also a foam tape for this kind of thing, it's sold by Gaynor Minden.
By balletgirl4ever
On Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:15 PM
I have the same problem with my heels, only on my soft pointe shoes!! I'm going to try the plasters and the tape that all you guys suggested. Why don't you try the gel patches for the back of your heels? maybe they would work because ive seen them in shops, never tried using them though. They should stop the friction between the shoe and your foot.

ReplySendWatch