Forum: General / Tap / Tap

foot injury question
By tappingitout
On Thu Jul 19, 2012 05:44 AM

Hi Everyone. I am wondering if anyone else might have experienced the type of pain I'm having in both feet and might know how concerned I should be or how I might treat it. I am having pain on the outsides of both feet halfway between the heel and the base of the little toe right around the bone of the 5th metatarsal. There is no discoloration and doesn't seem to be any swelling. It almost feels like this bone is protruding more than usual. I know several tendons attach there but am not sure if a strain to one of those or something could be causing it.

5 Replies to foot injury question

re: foot injury question
By martyCTT
On Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:50 PM
I've had just about every foot pain imaginable, lol. Roll out your foot with a tennis ball and ice it. How much time are you putting in on your shoes a week? Did it come on sudden or was it a gradual thing over a couple of days of tapping?
By tappingitout
On Thu Jul 19, 2012 05:21 PM
i've been trying to ice it, but hadn't thought of rolling it. I'm in my shoes about 12 hours a week right now. It seemed kind of sudden - like the other morning just walking I started to feel it, and it wasn't there the night before.
By martyCTT
On Fri Jul 20, 2012 04:51 AM
Try stretching out like everything in your hips, butt, legs, might have done something weird and tweaked some muscle you don't usually use and it is messing up something down the line.
By tappingitout
On Fri Jul 20, 2012 05:24 AM
Thanks! That makes sense. I'm going to try rolling out all of the muscle groups down my legs with my foam roller. I'm really hoping this lets up since I'm taking master classes at a tap festival in San Antonio all weekend.
By martyCTT
On Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:01 PM
Yeah no joke about the foam roller. I used to not stretch or foam roll or anything. Finally, after my physical therapist friend bugged me enough, I started doing some stretches she showed me and foam rolling every day and icing at the first sign of pain, and I've been "relatively" pain free from where I was two years ago. If I don't do it for a week or two I REALLY feel it.

Have fun at 3rd coast!

ReplySendWatch