Forum: Advice / Guys Only

Guys Only
What guys wear under jazz pants
By Jadancer Comments: 7, member since Sun Jun 10, 2012
On Thu Jul 26, 2012 05:43 AM

So I am attending a trial class and I need to wear jazz pants for ballet but I don't know what to wear under them. Do I wear mu dance belt or what. What if I have a trouble down there

6 Replies to What guys wear under jazz pants

re: What guys wear under jazz pants
By panicmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11592, member since Thu Dec 16, 2004
On Thu Jul 26, 2012 06:01 AM
You don't have to wear a dance belt with jazz pants. You certainly CAN, but it's not necessary. Really, you can wear any kind of underwear that keeps everything in place and doesn't create visible lines. I used to prefer plain old nylon briefs that were kind of tight and not too stretchy (they're also thin so you can't see them through your pants). Athletic underwear is also a good choice. If you go with something like a jock strap, just make sure you can't make out the straps under your pants (this will depend on the pants). Compression shorts (they're like reinforced biker shorts) would probably be better. But street underwear is fine. Just jump around in them and make sure everything stays in place. And be sure to try them on with the pants to make sure you can't see them.

Then again, since this is a new class, I'd probably just wear your dance belt if that's what you're used to. You don't want to have any embarrassing mishaps on the first day.
By balletboy37 Comments: 22, member since Tue Jun 12, 2012
On Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:31 PM
I think you should wear your dance belt with jazz pants so you will feel more secure
By panicmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11592, member since Thu Dec 16, 2004
On Fri Jul 27, 2012 05:04 PM
Dance belts are no more secure than compression shorts, jock straps or any other kind of properly-fitting athletic underwear.
By Storm_Trouper Comments: 808, member since Mon May 21, 2012
On Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:10 PM
Sometimes I'll just wear a guys type of leotard top with a built in crotch for light support under my jazz pants, but not if doing a lot of jumpin around; dancebelt for sure if doing lots of anti-gravity moves
By luv2plie Comments: 1904, member since Wed Jul 16, 2003
On Tue Aug 28, 2012 05:55 AM
I wear a dance belt for my jazz classes!

Kev
By Doctor_Dancebelt Comments: 51, member since Sun Apr 25, 2010
On Tue Aug 28, 2012 04:10 PM
Dance Belt

ReplySendWatch