Forum: Disco / Disco Advice

Looking to Join the Freestyle world but dont understand it well enough??? Help please
By Brooke11
On Thu Jul 26, 2012 02:12 PM

Hi my daughter Brooke is currently at a small dance school that does its own small comps 2 times a year and is nothing to do with the big schools or comps eg:dk ect, Brooke has Been wanting to start a big dance school in Belfast she is 13 but 14 at Christmas and wants to understand what it would be like, we understand life's moving up and sections but do you have to go to a dance school to do comps or can you not just go without like go for fun? If anyone can help please pm me or comment below thanks Hilary xx

2 Replies to Looking to Join the Freestyle world but dont understand it well enough??? Help please

re: Looking to Join the Freestyle world but dont understand it well enough??? Help please
By wee_funky_talesmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Jul 26, 2012 03:25 PM
Hi Hilary
My friend Thomas Hawkes has a fabulous dance school in Belfast with top premier champs who make top finals :)
You can attend a top school and do classes etc while not competing if you decide you like it enough then yes you can compete !
You start off as a beginner and lose lifes through sections to move up, if you lose 3 lifes you become a starter !
Freestyle is a fabulous crazy world that we love :)
Anything else you may need give me a shout !
Ashley x
re: Looking to Join the Freestyle world but dont understand it well enough??? Help please
By Jessie54
On Thu Aug 23, 2012 06:42 AM
You can't 'just go' to comps. You need to be a member of an ADFP registered school and hold a status card. Tickets can only be obtained by your dance teacher - that way strangers can't wander in and keeps the kids safe.
Agree with advice above - even if your daughter isn't sure about comps yet it would seem that you are looking for a school that will help her improve and competitive schools are where you need to be
Jillian x

ReplySendWatch